HulkBerry By Bartydiggerman

Day#7 #HulkBerry x2
Both jiffy’s sprouted tap roots thru mesh so decided to pot on to 4” pots
Into ALL MIX By Bio-bizz
Light misting of Ph 6.2 water to edge of where jiffy sits in pot
Temp around 22oc (temp will rise by +2/3oc when house central heating kicks in thru light cycle)
Humidity bit on low side @ 48%
Possibly introducing Taotronic humidifier to help raise a touch
Pot One with X had a slight darkening on tap root end so I’ve a feeling
2EB07EC2-CC7F-4378-8460-FAC9071FF0DF.jpeg
air/light may have done some damage???
(Hence the potting on before more roots appeared)
A806FF3D-BD84-4F74-A42E-96F04B203B42.jpeg

Thinking maybe I should have set them into the pot a bit deeper I don’t think they’re stretching excessively as they’re supporting leafs in a constant light breeze
Introduced taotronic humidifier @ 55%
Guess I’ll see how they go
I’ll keep updating photos
If anyone’s any thoughts on how they looking feel free to get involved
It’s all learning for me right now

729A9E9A-378B-4022-A702-C614A05EA95A.jpeg

Rightly or wrongly I repotted both 5mins after I potted ones in picture above and just left 30mm showing instead (50% stem buried) as they seemed a little “stretchy” managed to free jiffy without too much hassle :-/

Added in a 6”x 4” heat Matt as day time temps low and pots dropped to 19.5oc in their sleep this should just tip the temp up by a +1-2oc
Slightly raised av humidity to around 60% which I’ll maintain throughout this and veg cycle

see how they go!!

Day temps/humidity all constant with previous days

Upped lighting to around 2000lm with extra lamp/bulb (24wcfl @ 6” away
No noticeable stretching in 24 hrs (maybe 5mm growth)
cotyledons have doubled in size in 48hrs :)
Canopy’s seem to be parallel to soil so seems as they should be
Temp/humidity within usual ranges

9666D27B-F5D9-42C3-BD13-30594900D917.jpeg

hopefully finding the bug yesterday don’t screw all this up
F3D67E62-1EF8-411A-963C-95BC8D6B18EB.jpeg
struggling to identify what it is so gonna keep an eye out and carry on regardless!

struggling to identify what it is so gonna keep an eye out and carry on regardless!
Good Job :goodjob: The canopy so even.

Good Job :goodjob: The canopy so even.
So there’s been 7mm growth in height in 48hrs could the lights be closer without ruining them? They’re @6” away just been reading on Royal Queens Seeds where I bought em from an they’re saying 2” @ 30w flo bulb (like I have per seed)
There’s barely any heat coming off the bulb,
I’m concerned about stretching as most of the time lapse videos I’ve viewed seem to have similar leaf/canopy growth size but mine seem to be like 25-35mm taller
Overall size now is about 65mm
I could tinker with heights in a few hours wen I get back up it’s 1.30am and they’ll have 4/5 more hrs of light to see what happens?
Cheers for anyone’s help!

So there’s been 7mm growth in height in 48hrs could the lights be closer without ruining them? They’re @6” away just been reading on Royal Queens Seeds where I bought em from an they’re saying 2” @ 30w flo bulb (like I have per seed)
There’s barely any heat coming off the bulb,
I’m concerned about stretching as most of the time lapse videos I’ve viewed seem to have similar leaf/canopy growth size but mine seem to be like 25-35mm taller
Overall size now is about 65mm
I could tinker with heights in a few hours wen I get back up it’s 1.30am and they’ll have 4/5 more hrs of light to see what happens?
Cheers for anyone’s help!
I'm no expert on lights. A T5 does the trick on those. I'm just not sure about that light you have. If it's not hot then I think I'd put it closer. They're clearly reaching for light. Are you waiting for some proper lights?

I was gonna try with these that I have as the lm are adding up to around 2000... combining what the two lights kick out
I might be WAY off I’m unsure now
I’ll see how they go @ 2” in next couple hours before sleep Cycle

Both feel way lighter than yesterday and compared to dry weighted pot #1 ready for 2nd watering round edges I think, I just water enough till I get a bit of run off out the pot Ay?

What light are you gonna use on grow? It doesn't look like they have grown much besides upward.
This was mine after 5 day old. short but leaves are developing. This is how I watered at this stage. I only watered around seedling. I did water deep until runoff. I wanted roots to chase water downward. Common watering I think is to just water around seedling not until runoff.

C728E273-A6E4-4391-A35F-B86D793972D8.JPG

They’ll be going into main 1.5m2 grow area/cupboard under a sunmaster 600w set up to the highest point away I can which will be about 1.2m above and I’ll adjust to suit plant height once they’ used to being in there gradually..

By looking at how they’ve come on I’d say in 10-12 days time

(fingers crossed the lights better now they are at 2” away, moved them closer last night so they had a good 6 hrs @2” with no visible burn/curling etc so see today how they do being closer,

hopefully a water booms the first little set of fans leafs out

All temps/humidity in usual range overnight

yep that’s exactly how I understood it watering wise so thanks for that ;-)
Appreciate ANY help at this

The scheduled electrical works didn’t happen last week, gonna be week an a half till they do it,
I can run the main room but when the works start the power will be off potentially 2 hours earlier which I guess wouldn’t be to bad for them, so the 600w won’t zap them up on that highest setting@1.2mish
Wouldn’t they stretch under the main light?
Obviously I’d be monitoring them with my WiFi camera ;-)

If not then I could possibly get them set in there overnight tonight an see how they do in there untill this electrical test is out the way an main room can run properly without interruption

an yep to the T5 for next batch brother

image.jpg

2” closer
I use coco coir in cups..I find it easier and less stressful for roots to adapt to new dirt..easier for them to push out of old medium..that is rock wool you are using right..? Other benefit of coir is it doesn't get mouldy or encourage pests at the base of stalk ..fungus can't cope if there more fresh air..but for clones yeah humidity domes are essential..but again I use coir in plastic shot cups..(see through blue ones) makes it super easy to see roots system and gentle squeeze releases the whole thing into your hand..

The scheduled electrical works didn’t happen last week, gonna be week an a half till they do it,
I can run the main room but when the works start the power will be off potentially 2 hours earlier which I guess wouldn’t be to bad for them, so the 600w won’t zap them up on that highest setting@1.2mish
Wouldn’t they stretch under the main light?
Obviously I’d be monitoring them with my WiFi camera ;-)

If not then I could possibly get them set in there overnight tonight an see how they do in there untill this electrical test is out the way an main room can run properly without interruption

an yep to the T5 for next batch brother
They should be fine under main light at right height. I know nothing about light bulbs. Lights need to be a little higher than they would be for you vegging stage. There should be some charts about distance for seedling with that light on goggle somewhere.

Welcome my friend :welcome: If you put something under your girls you can raise them closer to it.
I use the water catch trays ( round plate thingy) turn it upside down and put my solo cups on it to get them a little closer to my CFLs ..my table can raise and lower in pretty coarse 3 inch increments ..which doesn't work great for seedlings..so I found that putting something under them keeps them from trying to stretch as much..I also use cut boards from my scrap pile..

What light are you gonna use on grow? It doesn't look like they have grown much besides upward.
This was mine after 5 day old. short but leaves are developing. This is how I watered at this stage. I only watered around seedling. I did water deep until runoff. I wanted roots to chase water downward. Common watering I think is to just water around seedling not until runoff.

C728E273-A6E4-4391-A35F-B86D793972D8.JPG
The girls will grow..but in those big baskets it's harder for them to establish root balls..so their roots become stringy and elongated..it's better to start seedlings in solo cups..(red beer cups 8 oz) at this size I only let them live off seed nutrients in coir in little plastic shot cups until they show tap root curling at bottom of the cup..then I pop the coir and root ball into a solo cup with some of the dirt medium..I do this so that the baby roots don't get nutrient shock from too rich a mix..after they get 3rd leaf set at 6 inches I transfer them to bigger pots..that being said..your girls will grow..you just have to water on a small scale near the plant..like you are doing..watch for signs of stretching may have to move closer to lights..

I keep a few regular grade lady bugs and a few zebra spiders on my grow table..between the two animals..I don't worry about mites or visitors like this...lol

I use the water catch trays ( round plate thingy) turn it upside down and put my solo cups on it to get them a little closer to my CFLs ..my table can raise and lower in pretty coarse 3 inch increments ..which doesn't work great for seedlings..so I found that putting something under them keeps them from trying to stretch as much..I also use cut boards from my scrap pile..
Hey dude
Yep I’ve evened out my canopy height in relation to 2” distance from my bulbs (was gonna upload a pic of bulb box for reference) with some insulated off cuts from main room door!
Cheers
I use coco coir in cups..I find it easier and less stressful for roots to adapt to new dirt..easier for them to push out of old medium..that is rock wool you are using right..? Other benefit of coir is it doesn't get mouldy or encourage pests at the base of stalk ..fungus can't cope if there more fresh air..but for clones yeah humidity domes are essential..but again I use coir in plastic shot cups..(see through blue ones) makes it super easy to see roots system and gentle squeeze releases the whole thing into your hand..
I started them in jiffy’s and now into 4” bio-bizz after tap roots showed

image.jpg

Hey dude
Yep I’ve evened out my canopy height in relation to 2” distance from my bulbs (was gonna upload a pic of bulb box for reference) with some insulated off cuts from main room door!
Cheers

I started them in jiffy’s and now into 4” bio-bizz after tap roots showed

image.jpg
Those bulbs will work..I like the daylight 5600 k CFLs from homedepot..I also use the 4 foot aquarium daylight flouros..for the blue light preference of seedlings..but years ago I only used CFLs they work..once seedlings get third set of leaves I add som clip on lights with red violet spectrum..tomatoes plant lights..but keep those at 24 inches..cause they are a hot spectrum of light

Do you Think this bulb and another @420lm be adequate? Obviously T5 be better but can’t at this point sort one...
Or does anyone else know? :cool:

The girls will grow..but in those big baskets it's harder for them to establish root balls..so their roots become stringy and elongated..it's better to start seedlings in solo cups..(red beer cups 8 oz) at this size I only let them live off seed nutrients in coir in little plastic shot cups until they show tap root curling at bottom of the cup..then I pop the coir and root ball into a solo cup with some of the dirt medium..I do this so that the baby roots don't get nutrient shock from too rich a mix..after they get 3rd leaf set at 6 inches I transfer them to bigger pots..that being said..your girls will grow..you just have to water on a small scale near the plant..like you are doing..watch for signs of stretching may have to move closer to lights..
I will never go straight into big pot again. I only did it because it's an auto right. After seedlings getting nitro shock I will go from solo cup next time even if they're autos. It's always better for roots to up pot. It's recommend not to with autos.

Back
Top Bottom