R.Q.S. Hulkberry: Attack Of The Clones

Hey GGD....I've got a Hulkberry started in my new grow, so I'm super curious to see how this bunch works out. Look's like you're about 1/2 way through flower. I'm going to watch from the sidelines if you don't mind.

Hey GGD....I've got a Hulkberry started in my new grow, so I'm super curious to see how this bunch works out. Look's like you're about 1/2 way through flower. I'm going to watch from the sidelines if you don't mind.
My pleasure mate. She is a clone from an original Rqs hulkberry.( also in my last grow journal) She grew really tall at 1.5m but her node stacking was awful and way to far apart. I took clones but lost 6 since the journal started to spidermite. This lady is so different to her mother and doesnt look similar either. I did over feed with to much N during her mothers grow but was in rdwc so couldnt feed her as she needed.
It seems they dont like too strong ppm and they benefit from lst to gain more mains. good luck mate , any comments/questions please feel free to post.

Good tip on the nutrient sensitivity. I'll keep that in mind. The Liberty Haze plant in my last grow was like that....seemed to get droopy when it got fed nutes. Maybe it's a sativa thing.

Good tip on the nutrient sensitivity. I'll keep that in mind. The Liberty Haze plant in my last grow was like that....seemed to get droopy when it got fed nutes. Maybe it's a sativa thing.
Iloved my liberty from last grow. she grew huge and tasted amazing. miss that smoke now. Nute guides usually favour nute companies more than us to be fair. often a lower than advised strength can be used without a loss to growth at all. Glad i could help.

This lady is still pushing white hairs out so will possibly go another couple of weeks. She is at day 44 on the pics but it is harder to see her now among the forest. Her leaf to bud is not the best tbh. she will be a shitbag to trim. All in all she will be ok and maybe a hash candidate
20190823_142030.jpg
20190822_124500.jpg

Fucking loads of bud in there brother! :yahoo:

Fucking loads of bud in there brother! :yahoo:
Thanks irie. keep forgetting ti update this one too. Harder to get pics of her among the others now. She has a lot of leaf to her and her buds are quite airy compared to everything else growing. Loads of limbs though but is a tangle due to my leaving her to it. she smells fruity though. I am tempted to Hash her solely once dried and avoid all the leaf trimming for airy buds. She would make astounding hash.
20190829_115222.jpg

Day 55 flowering: This lady just keep going despite having limbs all over the place. she is still growing her buds and i was going to harvest her this week until I had a look at her close up and now think she needs a full 10 weeks. Seeing hownshe isbonly now really pushong the trichs again and has smaller buds than any of the others in the grow. They are also fairly airy compared to all of the others. As her age is a lot older than the rest, i thought she would race into flowering and bud building too. Depending on where you read it , she is a 9-10 week strain ( that finishes in 8 !!!!) and if using flowering start over flip time is correct , she still has at least another 10 days !. Lets see.
20190905_131150.jpg
20190905_131136.jpg
20190905_131127.jpg
20190905_131118.jpg
20190905_131104.jpg
20190905_131044.jpg
20190905_131036.jpg
20190905_131014.jpg
20190905_131007.jpg

Quick update:. I have taken the tips of the main colas off to hopefully encourage them to fatten more this last week of growth. seeing them as a 9-10 week strain has given me hope they will finish better. I think the buds look ok but all a.little wimpy compared to the others so she needs soe.thing to be in the running. The tips will bena very nice smoke on their own judging by my fingers after trimming them off. Fresh fruity/pineapple smell too.
20190907_120943.jpg
20190907_120935.jpg
20190907_120313.jpg
20190907_120306.jpg
20190907_120257.jpg
20190907_115426.jpg

Hey brother GG! Those nugs look awesome. I saw on Prof's thread you did some harvesting this weekend and it looks damn fine! Heading over to your other thread to take a look :passitleft:

Day 61update. I took the tips of the top of most colas to encourage her to fatten them up and it seems to be working well. certainly adding girth now. still wont be huge solid colas but the tips i dried and smoked where a decent hit and tasted very nice of fuel and fruit . an odd combo but one i am getting used to smelling with cannabis strains. Another few days for her i think. she isnt even fading out yet like the other girls are which is a surprisingly welcome sight as it means she is not ready just yet. I have done 9 week strains that took 12 to finish properly in the past and the resulting plant has killed it for yield and the smoke ( knockout strain in previous diary).
I am hopeful again with her now. lets.see what she does next !
20190909_150040.jpg
20190910_132013.jpg
20190909_150031.jpg

Update. after getting a letter Saturday about an inspection Monday ( today) to inspect our boiler and heating system for scheduled upgrade , i went into shock mode. Thank goodness i am so early into this one. I had to emergency dismatle the whole room and tent , re-arrange my attic to show no signs of use except storing crap and find a temp way to keep my girls alive without their buckets , stones and lights ( hopefully temp home sorted now !) . The guy came to survey and did not even go into the loft at all or even mention the water tank up there. all the work is in the kitchen and landing cupboard so i did it for nothing as they are also doing the work in just over a weeks time. I am relieved they are doing it sooner than i thought and i can now plan to refit everything using the same girls with a slight delay. It feels like something is going in favour for a change. lol. Fingers crossed they can last this short period in temp home. Watch this space!!
I've been put on the spot where I had to dismantle and hide everything from a landlord inspection. Just 2 weeks ago. 13 plants all about 2ft+ including the pots stacked up in a small wardrobe. Light hoods stuffed with nute bottles and stuff. Boxed up everything else and put it in a storage style location. Even had to hide the electric heaters as we have gas central heating and I was paranoid about the connection. After all this I don't know if the landlords maintenance firms surveyor looked into a cupboard with lots of grow paraphernalia nutes and the ph kits and syringes to measure.. I don't think that I am public enemy no 1 but you don't know what you are in a eager pigs head. . Waffle now. Must stop.
That is a great looking set up. Well cool. You're running a duct in from outside & straight through the cool tubes. Simple things are brilliant. I'm simple.aha haha.

I've been put on the spot where I had to dismantle and hide everything from a landlord inspection. Just 2 weeks ago. 13 plants all about 2ft+ including the pots stacked up in a small wardrobe. Light hoods stuffed with nute bottles and stuff. Boxed up everything else and put it in a storage style location. Even had to hide the electric heaters as we have gas central heating and I was paranoid about the connection. After all this I don't know if the landlords maintenance firms surveyor looked into a cupboard with lots of grow paraphernalia nutes and the ph kits and syringes to measure.. I don't think that I am public enemy no 1 but you don't know what you are in a eager pigs head. . Waffle now. Must stop.
That is a great looking set up. Well cool. You're running a duct in from outside & straight through the cool tubes. Simple things are brilliant. I'm simple.aha haha.
I hate having little control on those inspections too. Managed to put them off this time till this one is finished. Hope your ladies didnt suffer too much after hiding.
I am now on L.e.d but the cool tunes straight through work well, also means you can run Co2 in a sealed room still too.
This girl has survived some issues on the way here . cuttings taken back in april i think during motherplants flowering. she was rubbish in the end but had the clones already rooted so threw them in. she is the only i left and is already better than her mother.
Thanks for the comments ib.

The End ( nearly!) Having been on this forever now she is done. Her final smoke is heavy hitting and very potent ,fruity tasting. She has yielded approx 2oz of usable bud and a lot of leaf and fallen brittle bud ends that is going to be amazing hash. I am still contemplating using everything to Hash as her remaining buds are so singular in structure , seperating them from the leafy matter and fallen bits could prove more effort than its worth. I am not dissapointed with her at all . as the only survivor of a poor mother plant that i was going to scrap a few times , she has come through and rescued her reputation with her potency. Not a strain or breeder i would use again sadly. From the original 6 seeds the entire result was a measly 6 oz for both grows of her. I am glad to draw a conclusion to this one now amd it has to be my longest ass grow ever , full of crap to deal with , mites and issues. Goodbye you awkward bitch !.
heehee.
15691639271156107819650127594178.jpg
20190922_155542.jpg
20190922_155530.jpg
20190922_155516.jpg
20190922_155514.jpg
20190922_155441.jpg
20190922_155429.jpg
20190922_155426.jpg
20190922_155414.jpg

Back
Top Bottom