Hullo All & Grow Intro

Puente

420 Member
Hi folks!

I've been lurking the forum for the last year while fudging my way through our first grow. Bagseed in soil (supposedly a diesel of some sort), used FF nutes and a 1000w LED and used the bedroom as a 'grow room', ha. We popped the seed into (generic) soil outside early May, not really expecting too much. No training, no issues with pests. Popped a second seed about two weeks after the first. Upsized from the solo cup seedling to a 3 gal hard-sided pot for a bit and finally transitioned into an old 140 quart cooler (I know, I know - waaaaay too much pot for waaaaay too little plant). We didn't feed any nutes through veg.

Got a little freaked out cause she kept getting bigger and bigger and she was outdoors in our relatively high-traffic back yard, so bought a cheap outdoor greenhouse when she started preflowering. Temps went crazy in the tent and she started to look stressed, so we picked up the LED light, hung it from a hook in the bedroom and called it good (blackout curtains on the windows already anyway).

Fed with the Fox Farms nutes according to their schedule, lost a LOT of the lower growth (okay okay, maybe I cut it) with the decreased light penetration after moving inside. Flowered for nine weeks (it ended up being nearly five feet tall), chopped, trimmed, dried and jarred.. and have experimented with Cannabutter nom nom cookies and gummies featuring an Everclear tincture. For someone with zero edible experience.. let me just say its been AMAZING!

Ended up with four nice colas on the first plant and one on the second plant... and a whole bunch of trim/larf. Decided to go with some training techniques next grow to maximize yield.. that's in progress now.

Sorry for the burple..!! They were looking fiercely unhappy here, ha. Lessons learned, lessons learned..

IMG_7024.jpg

Freshly snipped

IMG_7098 (1).jpg

Trimmed Up

IMG_7100 (1).jpg

Hang 'em high..

IMG_7035 (1).jpg

We were gifted an Acapulco Gold clone (Sativa-heavy) at the beginning of the month and picked up a used 3x3x7 grow tent for $50. Mwa ha, the CONTROL we will have with this one! I've been LST-ing the daylights outta this girl and she seems quite content in her home. Came to us in a 3gal hard-sided pot; I opted to up-pot to a 10gal fabric with unamended FFOF when I started training later in the week (again, too big a pot too quickly, I'm sure). Unfortunately I didn't do the clever thing and remove the bottom two nodes in a sorta-kinda quadlining manner, so she's really low and dense at this point and seems to only be kicking off single-bladed fan leaves, oddly enough. Watering about every third day or so with 1/2 gallon and every other watering she gets 1/2 strength veg nutes.

About four weeks ago...

IMG_7144 (1).jpg

More LST..

IMG_7222 (1).jpg

Today (with new basil companion.. I HATE buying herbs through the winter):

IMG_7270.jpg

Anyone with any ideas what's up with my single-bladed leaves ... feel free to give me a shout.

Running the same 1000w for now but am planning to pick up one of the MarsHydro TS 1000 during their Black Friday Sale. We've got a 6" inline fan and 4" carbon filter setup in the tent as well, along with an oscillating fan to keep those branches strong. Tent is generally at around 45% RH and varies from 65F overnight to 75F for highs during the daytime. Light is about 16" above the canopy.

I'll kick off a dedicated grow journal when I'm not such a noob, ha. In the meantime.. cheers all! I went from being a 'pop a seed and see what happens' kinda girl to 'I need to poke my head into the tent at least seven times a day to check temp/RH fluctuations throughout the day', ha! So excited to be part of this community and all the great resources available to us here, look forward to chatting you up soon! :slide:

~ Puente

IMG_7035 (1).jpg

Welcome to the forum @Puente :welcome:

Wow, hell of an intro :popcorn: you may want to start a journal so everyone can follow...I have 2 in my sig...you can put yours in your sig also so it'll follow you around :thumb:

As far as your "single" leaves go, it usually means it's been in flower and is trying to re-veg...keep it in a 18/6 cycle or a 16/8 cycle for veg...anything less than 14 and it may start to flower....depending on strain :goodluck::snowboating:

Awesome @MochaBud, thanks a bunch. Been running this grow at 20/4 since the start. I'll definitely get a dedicated journal up and running when I'm eligible, for sure... I've got a ton of words, plenty of questions and an unrelenting thirst for savvy, ha ha:thanks:.

I'm watching you.. stoked to follow along!
Is your plant an auto? :hmmmm: If not, may I suggest you cut back on the electricity and run 18/6 which is more than adequate for veg. The plants roots will grow in the dark, plus it has a chance to rest from standing at attention for 18 hours :thumb:
And absolutely, I love to be watched :slide: I'm an exhibitionist that way :rofl: and the more the merrier :passitleft:

Awesome @MochaBud, thanks a bunch. Been running this grow at 20/4 since the start. I'll definitely get a dedicated journal up and running when I'm eligible, for sure... I've got a ton of words, plenty of questions and an unrelenting thirst for savvy, ha ha:thanks:.

I'm watching you.. stoked to follow along!
All you had to do to be able to start a journal is, introduce yourself :thumb:

:welcome:

:welcome: and nice start of a intro

:welcome:

I had one monster clone (clone takin from a flowering plant) that only grew single leaf spears, didn't recover fully and grow the normal 5 finger leaves...only singles spears and an odd three finger leaf.

By flower time I was not impressed with how it was flowering, so eventually I killed it! RIP

I think flowering then reverting back to veg , can be/was an issue, as some get too stressed and never fully recover?

In my experience, if it doesn't grow more than single spears, than probably won't produce much bud either. Hopefully yours bounces back and don't have same issue i did!

Back
Top Bottom