Hyper fan or other?

Aussiegirl

Please let me know your favorite inline and exhaust fan brands, any cfm, any size.
I'm almost certain I want to buy Hyper fans brand (Phresh) but over here in Aus it's very expensive.
I like their specs as far as power draw and output. If people would like to suggest other brands that are comparable please do as it would be extremely helpful in helping me make this large purchase.. over $1000 in fact. :thanks:

Thanks Turbo :bong: yeah prices over here are ridiculous in all aspects of hydroponics and indoor growing. Due to the legality of growing etc. The running costs of the hyper aswell as the 5 year warranty, and many reviews saying that they last 5 years and more with no issues are what draws me to them. Buy big and dial it down is what I've read to minimize noise, power consumption and overall wear and tear. I am yet to find a comparable brand, hence this post :yahoo:just incase I've missed something I thought I'd pick the brains of some much smarter people then myself on here. :thumb:

Tornado accoustic exhaust, come i wide range of sizes, i run a 6" 1500cfm on a controller, my pc fans are louder than it runs.

Anything acoustic fan based are great, i know a lot of people that use them for privacy as well as being discreet.

Thats why im on a speed controller, like i said my pc fans are louder, normal ducting from the filter to the fan then accoustic pipe for the exhaust, iv ran a 4x4, 4x8 & 1x1m all hooked up on to it at a steady 25c, was very quiet, the only fan ill ever buy.

Thank you both for the insight :adore: it's really nice to get other growers/stoners ideas. Still think I'll go hyper 8inch in and 8inch out both dialed down to lowest setting, the ducting on the in, will be a few meters longer then the exhaust so should create a nice little negative pressure vacuum. Going with a 1.5m x 1.5m x 2m tent so should be nice and spiffy when it's all finished. Allso getting a Phresh carbon filter 8inch 200x500mm rated at 750cfm, i know it's a little more then I need for that size tent, but I'd rather go bigger then smaller. Please tell me your thoughts. :thanks:

Hmm I agree with that, though I'll only be using the filter during flowering, when the plants stinky.I think if I do run 2x 8inch I can leave the intake dialed down and just dial up the exhaust to compensate the loss of pull when using the filter during flowering :thumb: when not using the filter the 2x 8inch should still draw less power and make less noise then a dialed up 6inch hyper, which I've read are pretty noisy and not as efficient as the 8 inch.

What do you think ?

If you run the temp/speed controller not just the speed controller your fan speed will increase with heat load. It can run two fans in tandem but only at the same % output so an 8in intake would overpower the filtered 8in inside. Obviously you could just run the standard speed controller they include and balance them manually as you mentioned above.

when not using the filter the 2x 8inch should still draw less power and make less noise then a dialed up 6inch hyper, which I've read are pretty noisy and not as efficient as the 8 inch.

The "noise" from most hyperfan setups is poor ducting. It's a lot of air to stuff into a 6in and most people use flexible duct which is more noisy than hard pipe. I have the Hyperfan pressure curves in my gallery if you want to see the difference.

Very good info Turbo, nice looking setup you have aswell:bravo: I haven't really looked to much into diff types of ducting, aside from standard flexi and the acoustic which can be pricey. I like the idea of hard pipes...:rofl: lol excuse the pun. I just have to source out some cheap variations if I go that route. Another reason for going 8 over 6inch is the cost, for a measly $ 60 more I get the 8 and alone the 6 cost $270 so I figure why not ? :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom