I am scratching my head, can you help?

static123

Hi guys, ok so been growing for a few years now and altho I get good results most of the time I am still learning and currently puzzled with this problem. I am growing two strains one is a 100% indica and called Kosher Kush and the other is a 50/50 indica sativa called CBD skunk haze. The plants are under a 400w hps, they are growing in soil and I am using bio buzz nuts. The room temp is around 24 25c, I am having a problem with humility and it’s down to 35% so not good at all, these two strains are new to me so the first time growing them but I have never seen this problem. The indica (kosher kush) is struggling and is definitely growing at a slower rate, the leaves are all crinkled and she does not look happy at all, could this be down to the humidity or perhaps something else, I always keep the ph of the water I feed them at 6.5 and I am keeping the ppms low as I alway increase as they get older. I’ll post a few pics below and hopefully you lovely people can advise. Many thanks as always
Forgot to mention I am using LST on them same as I always have.

Indica Kosher Kush -
3A3CEE96-705F-490B-97FA-EBA0B569F7AA.jpeg

Cbd skunk haze -
4DE37398-AA74-4A6F-8C9A-4A0584ADB464.jpeg

Watering too frequently, plus sitting in a pan of runoff water. The roots cant breathe in continuously wet soil. Gravity works so when top of container is dry the bottom is still very wet. When the soil totally dries out then she will send fine root hairs to search for water. No growth can ever happen above ground until the roots grow below ground to support a bigger plant.

Remove from drip pans tilt container to steep 45 degree angle, prop the containers so they don’t tip or fall over. Let her sit propped up at an angle for at least 24 hours, the air pots should pee out some of the excess water. This will reset the perched water table to more normal level.

Im going to ask @Emilya to swing by and drop some real knowledge on us all.

I'm assuming you mean bio bizz nutes... You have yellowing in the upper canopy, indicating a non mobile deficiency. This tells me you are feeding too lightly. I also question your adjusting to 6.5 pH, when the start of the range is at 6.3 pH. By starting out in the middle of the range, you are missing out on whatever is most mobile at the lower end of the range, and probably what is missing. Adjust to 6.3 and up your ppms a bit... I think the problems will start to go away.

Fl
Hi guys, ok so been growing for a few years now and altho I get good results most of the time I am still learning and currently puzzled with this problem. I am growing two strains one is a 100% indica and called Kosher Kush and the other is a 50/50 indica sativa called CBD skunk haze. The plants are under a 400w hps, they are growing in soil and I am using bio buzz nuts. The room temp is around 24 25c, I am having a problem with humility and it’s down to 35% so not good at all, these two strains are new to me so the first time growing them but I have never seen this problem. The indica (kosher kush) is struggling and is definitely growing at a slower rate, the leaves are all crinkled and she does not look happy at all, could this be down to the humidity or perhaps something else, I always keep the ph of the water I feed them at 6.5 and I am keeping the ppms low as I alway increase as they get older. I’ll post a few pics below and hopefully you lovely people can advise. Many thanks as always
Forgot to mention I am using LST on them same as I always have.

Indica Kosher Kush -
3A3CEE96-705F-490B-97FA-EBA0B569F7AA.jpeg

Cbd skunk haze -
4DE37398-AA74-4A6F-8C9A-4A0584ADB464.jpeg
Flush with Distilled water

VPD is most likely your problem.
77 degrees at 35% humidity is virtually off the VPD chart and can give all kinds of mixed results.
Which can easily give the plant a deficiency.
Your humidity at 77 degrees should be around 70% in veg stage for a proper VPD so the plant can transpire properly.

You're in airpots, the soil looks decently aerated and not soaked, not seeing water pooling in the run off tray, probably not over watered.
Do you water every day?

Soil looks like decent soil, seeing what looks like pumice.

VPD is most likely your problem.
77 degrees at 35% humidity is virtually off the VPD chart and can give all kinds of mixed results.
Which can easily give the plant a deficiency.
Your humidity at 77 degrees should be around 70% in veg stage for a proper VPD so the plant can transpire properly.

You're in airpots, the soil looks decently aerated and not soaked, not seeing water pooling in the run off tray, probably not over watered.
Do you water every day?

Soil looks like decent soil, seeing what looks like pumice.
Hi and thanks for your reply, the soil is biobizz, I haven’t been watering everyday more like every 6. I have now emptied the water in the run off trays but I have no idea what to do with the humidity, over the years I have tried so many different things, small humidifiers one that contained the water and one of the pod type ones that sits in a bucket but the water here is so hard that I just get everything covered in a white type powder or the humidifiers die due to the water begin so hard. The area I have to grow in very tight but it is doable with past grows to prove it but seems it’s always down to luck regarding the humidity and at the moment it’s incredibly low. I do have a tray of water with a fan blowing over it but that’s doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

Sounds like under feeding & time to up the nutrients.

Non mobile nutrients are often in a chelated form with in the nutrient solution as not to depend to much on all the science sizzle going on in the soil PH / Plant

These are mainly the micro nutrients or some of them at least.

As a Bio Bizz fan Boi, I would suggest the use of Bio Heaven & Alg-a-Mic which contain a wealth of micro nutrients to keep your plants happy.

Hi and thanks for your reply, the soil is biobizz, I haven’t been watering everyday more like every 6. I have now emptied the water in the run off trays but I have no idea what to do with the humidity, over the years I have tried so many different things, small humidifiers one that contained the water and one of the pod type ones that sits in a bucket but the water here is so hard that I just get everything covered in a white type powder or the humidifiers die due to the water begin so hard. The area I have to grow in very tight but it is doable with past grows to prove it but seems it’s always down to luck regarding the humidity and at the moment it’s incredibly low. I do have a tray of water with a fan blowing over it but that’s doesn’t seem to be doing anything.
If you're watering every 6 days then i can flat guarantee you aren't overwatering unless your soil is quite literally mud.
If anything you're underwatering.

IF when you watered you left the water in the drip pan then you could have possibly had wet feet.
Best to keep air pots and fabric pots up above the drip tray with plant elevators for airspace under the pot.

I would buy a decent ultrasonic humidifier, you can even buy just the little ultrasonic units to toss into a bucket of water which looks like you already have.
If you can, use distilled water would be best but at least filtered tap water.

Get your humidity up to about 70% and water a bit more often and use some Yucca extract in the water.

This is not the one I have, I just bought a cheapie that doesn't automatically adjust to keep humidity at a set point which is what I would get if I bought another one today.
Not sure if this ones worth a shit or not.
I think I've also seen humidifiers with some kind of ultra-filtration of some sort so you don't get the white mineral coating

LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifiers for Bedroom, 6L Smart WiFi Top Fill Ultrasonic Air Vaporizer for Large Room
1615945470509.png

Hi guys I hope everyone is well. They are looking a little better now I am making sure the ph of there feed is 6.3 but I am still concerned about the slight yellowing, my ppm is 750 should I up this to try and combat this yellowing problem ? Many thanks as always
795FDC73-0056-455D-BDB5-0695567020B9.jpeg

5F4E968C-8A57-4C65-AA22-A7499B8D21AC.jpeg

DFFD97A8-549C-4081-B233-5331EED62B24.jpeg

If you're watering every 6 days then i can flat guarantee you aren't overwatering unless your soil is quite literally mud.
If anything you're underwatering.

IF when you watered you left the water in the drip pan then you could have possibly had wet feet.
Best to keep air pots and fabric pots up above the drip tray with plant elevators for airspace under the pot.

I would buy a decent ultrasonic humidifier, you can even buy just the little ultrasonic units to toss into a bucket of water which looks like you already have.
If you can, use distilled water would be best but at least filtered tap water.

Get your humidity up to about 70% and water a bit more often and use some Yucca extract in the water.

This is not the one I have, I just bought a cheapie that doesn't automatically adjust to keep humidity at a set point which is what I would get if I bought another one today.
Not sure if this ones worth a shit or not.
I think I've also seen humidifiers with some kind of ultra-filtration of some sort so you don't get the white mineral coating
Could always use an Inkbird to control the humidifiers & exhaust fans.

On the topic of keeping the pots off the wet tray, I use baking racks. They are the thin SS wire racks used to put cookies on to cool down. They are cheap and come in many sizes. All my plants sit on one in their tray. If I'm too lazy to drain the trays right after watering I don't have to worry about it. They are cheap and work great.

On the topic of keeping the pots off the wet tray, I use baking racks. They are the thin SS wire racks used to put cookies on to cool down. They are cheap and come in many sizes. All my plants sit on one in their tray. If I'm too lazy to drain the trays right after watering I don't have to worry about it. They are cheap and work great.
Similar to this ?

10-135.JPG

Back
Top Bottom