I may have killed one?

If using CFL's the lights can be fairly close to the plants. I've been placing them about 6" away to reduce stretch. Some growers move them even closer than that depending on the heat given off by the lights. If you place your hand just over the plant under the light and your hand gets uncomfortable warm, then it's too warm for the plants. Move the lights up a little if too warm.
I would think the 18/6 light schedule should be started. 18 hours on, 6 hours off. Just my opinion.
Water only when the soil feels dry, the biggest and most common mistake in early grows is over watering. Make sure you have good drainage in the pots too. :)
What kind of CFL's are you using? Cool white, warm white and Lumens? Seedlings don't require a lot of light, I've even grown mine under a flourescent cool tube light with no problems.
There are varying opinions, just my thoughts here. Have fun and great to hear they are doing well!!:circle-of-love:

IMG_20140228_000035.jpg
IMG_20140228_000035.jpg

To me it looks like you just damaged the cotyledons. Really not a huge deal on it's own. Don't kill her with kindness now and over water or try to fertilize. I would go with a less direct light source. Maybe even putting her in a place with indirect side lighting encouraging her to straighten up and reach for it.Like a bright window sill.If she doesn't respond to that I would guess that if you took a look at her tap root you may have signs of decay starting. If a seedling gets off to a rough start often you will begin to get root rot. Don't be discouraged, I personally kill ALL of my plants eventually! You just did it a little earlier than you should. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom