I need some help, plants are dying.

Johnthebasic

I've been trying to grow my own plants for about 1 month now. I started some Christmas bud seeds I had in a zip lock bag with moist paper tier, then planted them in soil, then moved then to dwc hydro I made myself, I have 9 plants currently, it's a small wood grow room I built with reflective walls, then I have an air purifier blowing through and 3 cfl bulbs2 bright white and one red, my water has cns17 along with slam amount of peroxide and distiller white vinigar, the ph is at 7.2 but I just got it back down to 6.5 y plants all had gotten root rot so try are recovering but what other step should I take to turn these into healthier plants? Towards the bottom of the stem it's really hard and dead looking but roots are still growing, some leaves are turning a little yellow and weak also has some small burns. They are only within 2-3 weeks old about 2-4 inches tall, most have 3 sets of leaves but a couple plants have many many more

1. You'll need to cut off any of the infected roots and pray that the new growth does not become a problem

2. Your Ph should be between 5.5-6.2 with a water temp of 18-20c Also get some real Ph down instead of using vinegar

Thanks Dean! After I had the plants cleansing in peroxide i cleaned the tank and out fresh water and nutrients and all the roots that were rot had fallen off hours later and now there looks like fresh roots starting to poke out. My budget was short this month so I couldn't afford the ph down or any other nutrients other than cns17, they have been using these nutrients for about 2 weeks.when should I change to a different blend of nutrients? I only wanted 1-2 foot tall plants. Ill post pics soon!

I think I had the same thing happen at about the same time in mine. Do you know what your water temp is in your res? Mine was getting to warm without enough water circulation. I bought aquashield which helps keep the roots healthy in warmer temp and promotes growth and the leaves on mine were turning yellow with brownish blotchy spots which I thought was a mag deficiency so I bought cal mag too, but if your not using any nutrients yet you'll probably need to get some soon. I also put in a small water pump to pump water up to the net pots which I think helped a lot..... hope this helps good luck. And in hydro they need the pH to be lower than what they need in soil... there are a ton of charts floating around the internet for that.

I think I had the same thing happen at about the same time in mine. Do you know what your water temp is in your res? Mine was getting to warm without enough water circulation. I bought aquashield which helps keep the roots healthy in warmer temp and promotes growth and the leaves on mine were turning yellow with brownish blotchy spots which I thought was a mag deficiency so I bought cal mag too, but if your not using any nutrients yet you'll probably need to get some soon. I also put in a small water pump to pump water up to the net pots which I think helped a lot..... hope this helps good luck. And in hydro they need the pH to be lower than what they need in soil... there are a ton of charts floating around the internet for that.

Thank you very much. My water temp is at about 70 and I've lowered the ph down to 6.0 I was gonna buy some aqua shield but don't have cash for it yet. The white distiller vinegar and h202 seemed to stop the root rot, though some plants are having a hard time coming back. And some are doing wonderfully. I have a fish pump that pushes air through two big bubble stones and it seems to give the pants enough water and oxygen

subscribed. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Back
Top Bottom