Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpetual

Re: Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpe

Dope video Icemud nice seeing them in action. The 80x5w Mars looks like a a lil brother version of the 240x5w Mars haha.

Re: Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpe

Dope video Icemud nice seeing them in action. The 80x5w Mars looks like a a lil brother version of the 240x5w Mars haha.

I gotta say the 80x5w is so bright, I couldn't imagine the 240x5w... wow that thing must be blinding!!!

Here is a quick update for day 18 flowering and for my veg tent.

Veg Tent:

Things are looking really good and the plants seem to love the new TOP LED Grow light. I am running the Gas Lamp Routine so the light is on 12, off 5.5, on 1 and off 5.5. The GSC and OGiesel and cherry pie clones seem to really be taking off but the OG's are still struggling. I checked the clone tray today and the blue dream had finally rooted so I put her in a 3 gallon put and covered it with a plastic container with holes to keep up the humidity. The humidity has been really low the past few days but so far with my 2 humidifiers I have kept it about 35% so far and higher in my tents. I also gave the girls a foliar feeding of the mix listed below, but dilluted about 1:4 with r/o water.

DSC07630.JPG
DSC076311.JPG
DSC076321.JPG
DSC07633.JPG
DSC07636.JPG

None of the seed sprouted that I planted, except the purple steve which died. I suck at getting seeds to germinate and have tried different methods and none of them have given me success. I planted a few more seeds in root riot plugs as well as got some soaking in R/O water with a drop of superthrive. I am soaking some Holy Grail OG seeds, some of the Hawaiian seeds I was gifted and some of the purple steves. Hopefully I will get some of the seeds to pop because I really want to find a good method that works for me of germinating the seeds. Much of it can be that the seeds are older but still not sure.
DSC076341.JPG

I also wanted to take some readings with my IR thermometer to see what this light was putting out heat wise. I have to say, it runs really cool :)
DSC076371.JPG
DSC07638.JPG

The flowering tent:
The plants really seem to love the new Top LED grow light. Just between yesterday and today they seem to have gotten frostier as well as the leafs have responded quickly and are all reaching up to the light. I noticed that my plants needed some clean up/defoliation so I took off all the dead leaves, cleaned up the little branches that weren't important and did a mild deflation of fan leaves to open up more bud sites to the light.

I also wanted to snap some shots of the temperature that the TOP LED Grow light was running at vs my HPS... pretty impressive results!! Led definitely runs cooler! and the results show! I chose to take readings at 2 of the plants tops that were equal distance to the light and in the central placement under the light as well. I also shot a direct reading at the surface of the light facing the plants, and took readings at the top of the lights.

DSC07615.JPG
DSC07616.JPG
DSC07617.JPG
DSC076181.JPG
DSC076192.JPG
DSC076201.JPG
DSC07621.JPG
DSC07622.JPG
DSC076231.JPG
DSC076241.JPG
DSC07625.JPG

I also mixed up a quick foliar spray and hit the plants with it:
1/2 gallon of R/O water with:
5ml of advanced nutrients organic b
5ml of general organics 5:1 cal/mag
5ml of 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish
5ml of cold pressed seaweed
10ml of fulvic acid
5ml of earthjuice microblast
1tbsp of epsom salts
5ml of spinosad
1 drop of dr bronners organic soap.

Before the defoliation::
DSC07600.JPG
DSC076011.JPG
DSC07602.JPG

OGiesel:
DSC076031.JPG
DSC07604.JPG

University Hill's OG
DSC07605.JPG
DSC07606.JPG

GSC:
DSC07607.JPG
DSC07608.JPG

Blue Dream:
DSC07609.JPG
DSC076101.JPG

SFV OG:
DSC076112.JPG
DSC076121.JPG

Cherry Pie:

DSC076132.JPG
DSC076142.JPG

After Defoliation
DSC07627.JPG
DSC076261.JPG
DSC076281.JPG
DSC076291.JPG

Love the way the Blue Dreams are setting pistils! :circle-of-love:

Nice looking plants man! Looks like they are coming along great so far.

Thanks Backpackin!!! Definitely excited this grow to see how well the LED's do!!!

Love the way the Blue Dreams are setting pistils! :circle-of-love:

They are beautiful aren't they! I love Blue dream and I hope that it turns out perfect this time...

Hey Everyone.... So I decided to start a 2nd journal since I now have the TOP LED's running. Since my veg tent plants are virtually newly transplanted clones, I wanted to start them off with a new journal so I can track and follow my grows easier, as well as document my 1st LED grow from clone :) I still will be doing this journal as well but I will only from now on focus on the flowering tent. Through its finish, which is still a long way to go...

Here is the link to my new journal featuring TOP LED GROW!!
Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

So for my flowering tent, things are looking really good. Today would be day 20 of flowering from the flip.

The girls soil was looking pretty dry so I started up a batch of compost tea earlier today. I mixed up 1 teabag of my premixed soil and added it to 5 gallons of R/O water on bubble. I added 1 spoonful of gypsum, 1 spoonful of soft rock phosphate, 1 spoonful of azamite, and 1/3 spoonfuls of lava sand. This immediately within an hour was bubbling like crazy and I didn't add any sugars or molasses!!

After 1 hour:
DSC07641.JPG

I decided after about 5 hours of bubbling the girls were ready to be fed. I drenched the soil with strait compost tea, letting the drip pans fill up with water. I then took a turkey baster and sucked up all the water in the drip pans. I wanted to make sure to run a lot of compost tea through the soil just to make sure I don't get too much salt build up which I think may have happened last grow. (I was just letting the water sit and evaporate, but I think the soil was sucking it all back up)

Here are some Photos. I love how the lights look together...looks like art or something beautiful!
DSC07642.JPG
DSC07643.JPG
DSC07644.JPG

I decided that my ladies are dirty and like it rough, so I supercropped just about all of the tops for all of my plants. (Almost looks like something smashed them, but nope, it was me carefully) I did this to help even out my canopy's as well as distribute more light to all of the budsites. I've done this before in flowering with very good results so I decided to do it again :)

Here are the photo's after the Supercropping:

DSC07645.JPG
DSC07646.JPG
DSC07647.JPG
DSC076481.JPG
DSC076492.JPG
DSC076501.JPG
DSC07651.JPG
DSC076521.JPG
DSC07653.JPG
DSC076541.JPG
DSC07655.JPG
DSC076561.JPG

I also gave the girls after the supercropping a foliar spray of the compost tea I had brewing. I didn't add anything, just strait compost tea.

Other than that I couldn't be happier with the new MARS II LED. It rocks!!

Here's some photos from tonight...
DSC07642.JPG
DSC07643.JPG
DSC07644.JPG

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! monthly charge per KWHr $0.34

Yikes.

I thought I was paying a lot at $0.12

Yikes.

I thought I was paying a lot at $0.12

Yeah Its ridiculous how much they charge us here in Socal for electric!! I was getting a hardship discount for a while while I was unemployed and it brought it down to around $0.24 which was not too bad, but when I lost the discount, holy heck did they raise it back up!
I'm all about saving energy at these costs!

nice grow man I been watching your grows and man its inspiring one of the reasons why I joined this site im currently looking for a soil recipe I like how yours is very clear I was just wondering if you can help me out with it say I only wanted to grow 3 5 gallon size pots I just want to grow 3 plants how what would be the measurements of what I need im sorry I knoe you might say to do the math on my own but im a bit slow lol hope you can help btw 15 gallons would be 2cf right?
also are all does products necessary lucky iv'e sourced most of them out already while I was just cruising through some you guys journals ive got the minerals you guys say is needed for hi brix cac03 I think gypsum srp forest humus ive got bone n blood meal and also guano perlite I do not have promix but my local hydro carries that and mostly everything you guys are using but I have a bag or coco new I would like to see if I can use that instead? sorry if this is bad from my part to post on your thread I just figured many would like to know but don't really ask thanks again

wow Ice,

at those rates a solar unit would pay for it self a lot faster than it would around here.

wow Ice,

at those rates a solar unit would pay for it self a lot faster than it would around here.

Yeah there are tons of houses here with solar here, IDK why anyone here wouldn't have solar, we have sun like 90% of the year it only makes sense :) If I were a homeowner I definitely would go solar :)

nice grow man I been watching your grows and man its inspiring one of the reasons why I joined this site im currently looking for a soil recipe I like how yours is very clear I was just wondering if you can help me out with it say I only wanted to grow 3 5 gallon size pots I just want to grow 3 plants how what would be the measurements of what I need im sorry I knoe you might say to do the math on my own but im a bit slow lol hope you can help btw 15 gallons would be 2cf right?
also are all does products necessary lucky iv'e sourced most of them out already while I was just cruising through some you guys journals ive got the minerals you guys say is needed for hi brix cac03 I think gypsum srp forest humus ive got bone n blood meal and also guano perlite I do not have promix but my local hydro carries that and mostly everything you guys are using but I have a bag or coco new I would like to see if I can use that instead? sorry if this is bad from my part to post on your thread I just figured many would like to know but don't really ask thanks again

Hey Wickedgrower! I really appreciate the kind words my friend and feel honored that I have been inspiring to you enough for you to become a member. Welcome :)

First off I definitely would recommend starting a grow journal here :) it will help you plan everything and have all the members be able to help you along if any questions come up or problems come up.
Journals in Progress

As far as what soil to use, I can only recommend what I have used and had success with and what others here have had success with. I have had luck with both Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog as well as pro mix. There is a member here named Big Irish Dude who uses Coco and has had unbelievably high Brix levels, so for coco info, I definitely would recommend talking with him.

Now for the high brix part. High brix is very complex in the aspect that soil has certain ratios of nutrients, carbons and other things that all influence each other. The only way to truly get high brix results with confidence is to get a soil test (weak acid test) and analysis because this will tell you exactly what needs to be added to have the proper ratios within your soil. If you do not do this, then like me, you are only taking a educated guess on what to add based on knowledge in this area (like me). If you wanted to do true high brix, then I would find Pro Mix HP and contact DocBud about his kit. He has done all the work (the testing, the mixing, the research, the trials) and gives you exactly what you need to add to PROMIX HP to get high brix results. High Brix growing also involves certain foliar sprays at certain times to achieve the best results. I choose to sort of "wing it" or pioneer my way into understanding this based on what I have read but also am "experimenting" with it. Docbuds method is really the true scientific approach to high brix growing and if High Brix is your goal, that is the man you want to speak with. :)

If you choose not to go the soil test or Docbud route, the best thing that I can suggest is a way to amend your soil for a good organic/natural approach (and possibly a higher brix). I would get the best organic soil you can (without all kinds of additives, guano's and things).

since you have 3x 5 gallon pots I probably would say mix it similar to this.. (you also may need a flour measuring cup) and you will also need a bin/rubbermaid/garbage can to mix in..

Of your mix:
about 15% should be worm castings
about 15% should be perlite or volcanic pumice (crushed)
about 10% forest humus.

all of these together should be about 1/3 of your soil mix...

The rest should be soil

Now the amendments:
to your size pots I would mix in:
1 1/5 cup of calcium carbonate
1 cup of soft rock phosphate
2/5 a cup of gypsum
guano I would suggest leaving out.
bone meal (I am currently trying bone meal but have never used it before) If you use it I would suggest using less than 1/3 cup of it for your whole soil mix.
you also need something with trace elements. I would suggest getting azomite and add 1/2 cup to 1 cup.

This mix should lead you in the right direction. With growing much of it relies on personal experience and what works for each grower and growing style but overall what I posted above should get you some pretty good results. You also may want to look into Subcool's supersoil which is a great mix to start with, or even for a very easy approach, check out DocBud's earlier journals using a product called OC+. There isn't really a "perfect" soil ratio because everyone has there own ways of doing things and their own personal preferences but hopefully this will get ya started.

Hey everyone, just a quick update for today. Today would be day 18 of flowering since the flip and things are looking really good. I caught the girls just before the lights came on today and started taking photo's but before I knew it, the LED came on. I will try again tomorrow to get some photo's in natural light.

The buds are really starting to grow faster now and really starting to fill in. The plants are really frosty this round and most all of the bud leaves as well as some of the sugar leaves and even fan leaves are starting to get trichomes all over them. I must be doing something right :) lol

I had some compost tea bubbling that I was going to feed to my veg tent but the pots are still pretty drenched so I decided to use it for a foliar spray on my flower tent, and dumped the remaining (about 4 cups a plant) into the flowering plants pots.

Other than that, not much else to report on. I have not seen any spider mites or thrips at all so I think the treatments in early flowering worked because I have not found any at all!!! great news :)

Well here is a few photos I took as the lights were coming on. I will take more later tonight and post them..

DSC076721.JPG
DSC07673.JPG
DSC076741.JPG
DSC07675.JPG
DSC076771.JPG
DSC076782.JPG
DSC076802.JPG

Hey Wickedgrower! I really appreciate the kind words my friend and feel honored that I have been inspiring to you enough for you to become a member. Welcome :)

First off I definitely would recommend starting a grow journal here :) it will help you plan everything and have all the members be able to help you along if any questions come up or problems come up.
Journals in Progress

As far as what soil to use, I can only recommend what I have used and had success with and what others here have had success with. I have had luck with both Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog as well as pro mix. There is a member here named Big Irish Dude who uses Coco and has had unbelievably high Brix levels, so for coco info, I definitely would recommend talking with him.

Now for the high brix part. High brix is very complex in the aspect that soil has certain ratios of nutrients, carbons and other things that all influence each other. The only way to truly get high brix results with confidence is to get a soil test (weak acid test) and analysis because this will tell you exactly what needs to be added to have the proper ratios within your soil. If you do not do this, then like me, you are only taking a educated guess on what to add based on knowledge in this area (like me). If you wanted to do true high brix, then I would find Pro Mix HP and contact DocBud about his kit. He has done all the work (the testing, the mixing, the research, the trials) and gives you exactly what you need to add to PROMIX HP to get high brix results. High Brix growing also involves certain foliar sprays at certain times to achieve the best results. I choose to sort of "wing it" or pioneer my way into understanding this based on what I have read but also am "experimenting" with it. Docbuds method is really the true scientific approach to high brix growing and if High Brix is your goal, that is the man you want to speak with. :)

If you choose not to go the soil test or Docbud route, the best thing that I can suggest is a way to amend your soil for a good organic/natural approach (and possibly a higher brix). I would get the best organic soil you can (without all kinds of additives, guano's and things).

since you have 3x 5 gallon pots I probably would say mix it similar to this.. (you also may need a flour measuring cup) and you will also need a bin/rubbermaid/garbage can to mix in..

Of your mix:
about 15% should be worm castings
about 15% should be perlite or volcanic pumice (crushed)
about 10% forest humus.

all of these together should be about 1/3 of your soil mix...

The rest should be soil

Now the amendments:
to your size pots I would mix in:
1 1/5 cup of calcium carbonate
1 cup of soft rock phosphate
2/5 a cup of gypsum
guano I would suggest leaving out.
bone meal (I am currently trying bone meal but have never used it before) If you use it I would suggest using less than 1/3 cup of it for your whole soil mix.
you also need something with trace elements. I would suggest getting azomite and add 1/2 cup to 1 cup.

This mix should lead you in the right direction. With growing much of it relies on personal experience and what works for each grower and growing style but overall what I posted above should get you some pretty good results. You also may want to look into Subcool's supersoil which is a great mix to start with, or even for a very easy approach, check out DocBud's earlier journals using a product called OC+. There isn't really a "perfect" soil ratio because everyone has there own ways of doing things and their own personal preferences but hopefully this will get ya started.

hows it going ice I wanted to say thanks for all the info you gave me I appreciate it
I do also plan to start a journal very soon waiting on my led lights to come and I have to get certain things ready but as soon as I am up and ready I hope you do follow along man
As for the soil I previously did a grow with soil idk if you've heard of lc'soiless mix
I did harvest some of the nicest herb and I thought I could recycle it I've had the soil outside in a bin I stir it occasionally it has no roots or the once that were there have broken down so pretty much the soil looks like when I first mixed it
do you think I can throw those amendments in there? it has perlite and worm casting already ive got
soft rock phosphate
gypsum
limestone
azomite
earth juice rooters mycorrhiza
blood meal
bone meal
kelp meal
and other stuff I used on the
so the question would be would it be ok to use this ?if you had this would you personally use it or would you be better of to go get foxfarm of and hf or promix hp I just wanted to see if it can be reused if not I will just throw it out in the front yard plant something else with that

hows it going ice I wanted to say thanks for all the info you gave me I appreciate it
I do also plan to start a journal very soon waiting on my led lights to come and I have to get certain things ready but as soon as I am up and ready I hope you do follow along man
As for the soil I previously did a grow with soil idk if you've heard of lc'soiless mix
I did harvest some of the nicest herb and I thought I could recycle it I've had the soil outside in a bin I stir it occasionally it has no roots or the once that were there have broken down so pretty much the soil looks like when I first mixed it
do you think I can throw those amendments in there? it has perlite and worm casting already ive got
soft rock phosphate
gypsum
limestone
azomite
earth juice rooters mycorrhiza
blood meal
bone meal
kelp meal
and other stuff I used on the
so the question would be would it be ok to use this ?if you had this would you personally use it or would you be better of to go get foxfarm of and hf or promix hp I just wanted to see if it can be reused if not I will just throw it out in the front yard plant something else with that

I re-used my soil i think 3 or 4 grows in a row and all the way until the last grow it gave me great results. Each time I would add in new amendments and worm castings and I got about 3-4 solid grows out of it. After the last one though the soil seemed to be pretty beat up and had issues with my plants dying off, not too sure why but I think it was because of too much salt buildup/too high EC in my soil so this round I started fresh. I would say as long as you had no pest issues or disease issues, you most likely can get another grow out of your soil. I would add some worm castings to it and the SRP, GYPSUM, Calcium Carbonate, as well as the azomite.

I re-used my soil i think 3 or 4 grows in a row and all the way until the last grow it gave me great results. Each time I would add in new amendments and worm castings and I got about 3-4 solid grows out of it. After the last one though the soil seemed to be pretty beat up and had issues with my plants dying off, not too sure why but I think it was because of too much salt buildup/too high EC in my soil so this round I started fresh. I would say as long as you had no pest issues or disease issues, you most likely can get another grow out of your soil. I would add some worm castings to it and the SRP, GYPSUM, Calcium Carbonate, as well as the azomite.

well man if u did does nice grows reusing I might just give it a go,
my organic grow with that soil was one the best and easiest i would say I would just water n do some teas I never had no pest or anything so I say it would be fine
so I have about 20 gallons what amounts would you recommend?
same as what you have posted on the earlier message?

Hey everyone, Quick photo update for day 24 flowering from the flip.

The ladies are looking good and continuing to fill in the buds daily! Its seems every day they get more frosty too and they are really starting to smell very strong. I definitely think after this grow I am due for a new carbon scrubber, I think I have gotten about 6 grows out of this one and its about toast! I may try to see if I can open it and refill it with carbon but I am going to wait until after this grow is complete so I have more space to work and don't risk damaging my plants.

I haven't done much to the girls but I did poke the soil numerous times with my soil ph probe to aerate the soil and help promote better oxygen to the roots as well as help the soil dry more evenly. I have been reading up and from what I am reading, more oxygen in the soil, the healthier the root system, plant and microbes are more efficient. I think this may be what my problems on past grows were because I may have been overwatering or my soil may have been depleted of oxygen due to it constantly being wet and therefor I caused toxic buildups to occur and I think essentially it was killing my plants. I have been much more careful as far as my waterings this round and so far the plants look much happier!

I gave the girls a good foliar spray today of some compost tea I had bubbling and added a few things: fulvic acid, humic acid, hygrozyme, carboload, 2-4-0 fish fertz, and cold pressed seaweed, with organic b.

Here are the photo's from before the foliar spray.

DSC076851.JPG
DSC076861.JPG
DSC076871.JPG

DSC077032.JPG

OGiesel:
DSC076971.JPG
DSC076981.JPG
DSC076991.JPG

SFV OG:
DSC077002.JPG
DSC077013.JPG
DSC07702.JPG