Icemud's How To Make Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

Wow great guide! I have learnt so much just from reading this! Hopefully I get to try this in the near future

Subbed :)

I'm glad it was a good reference for you! It definitely works well, and I did it my first time and it worked perfectly. Now its going to be fun making some amazing new crosses too :) cant' wait to see what comes of them :)

Great educational thread. Good work. +reps

Hey Greenchef! Thanks! Appreciate you dropping by and for the reps, should be a fun 2nd seed run :)

You are welcome for the info :)

sounds like a fun project! Yea I still have to figure out the details of using punnett squares to predict phenotypes, as its been decades since HS biology class, but hopefully over the coming months we will be able to get some details in this journal about it :)
Yeah after this grow I'm going to get some feminized pollen from my royal medic and pollinate an autoflower. Will take some time going into winter and cold in basement and only have 1 tent and light for now.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Hey everyone! I see some new faces and some old friends.. Welcome everyone!!!! I appreciate all of you for joining along on my 2nd seed project!!!

UPDATE TIME!

Well I don't really track my days in veg, but I would say for some of the plants its been about 3 weeks in soil, some are fresh and only days in soil. :) Things are moving along great, as many of the older plants already are topping around 12-14" or so... I finally got 2 ogiesels to root, however the 2nd one I just put in the soil a few days ago dried out really bad because the day I transplanted it, the humidity here was down around 15%, and I didn't put the humidity (2liter bottle) dome over her for a day, and the next day she was just about dead.

Since then I placed the 2 liter bottle over her and even though about 3/4 of the leaves are dead, she is still growing. The good news is in just those 2 days since that happened, another ogiesel showed roots, so I got her put into soil, immedately put the dome over and she is thriving right now. I plan on replacing the unhealthy and almost dead ogiesel in a few days as I have her in my 3rd tent right now under a heavier blue spectrum and less intensity.

I am still awaiting the last strain to root, the black diamond og. I remember last time I cloned it, it was such a pain to clone, and didn't want to take, but I have about 6 cuttings right now of her in my humidity dome so I know I should see something in the next week come up... and if not... oh well... it was a great strain, but didn't yield very much, was a very slow growing plant, and very tempermental. So even though the smoke was great, all the other negatives definitely makes it not so much of a fun plant to grow... so if I can't get one to root, we will keep it moving as the other plants are starting to get pretty large already :)

I would estimate that with the rate the plants are growing once the roots establish, it will be about 4 weeks and we should be ready to move into flowering :)

I also decided to top all of the plants today, except the GDP and Ogiesel which are still very small and only just starting to grow at a faster rate. With the portions of the plants I topped, I kept at least 2 cuttings of each of the new strains: race fuel og, gorilla glue #4, candyland, mendo grape kush, and trainwreck, and put the cuttings into some root riot plugs and into my humidity dome.

I want to get these 6 strains rooted quickly, and into pots so that in the next 45 days they can veg to a size ready to transplant, and when my flowering tent is finished and empty I will be able to move these over into the flower tent for my next flowering round, and right before I decide to flip my seed project to 12/12, I will take cuttings of the other 6 strains, which will go into my 3rd tent as mothers and to prepare for the next seed project (round 3).

Timing is essential in my perpetual garden, to make sure I can time the grows just right to be able to always have a tent flowering, all 12 strains alive in veg, as well as a constant seed project and humidity dome with clones :)

Well other than topping the newest strains and taking clones, I gave all the plants a good feeding of r/o water, botanicare pro gro, some sea veg by microlife, botanicare cal/mag and vitamin b1 1-1-1.

Here are today's photos..

IMG_20161011_201421.jpg
IMG_20161011_201453.jpg
IMG_20161011_201502.jpg
IMG_20161011_201738.jpg
IMG_20161011_201743.jpg
IMG_20161011_201757.jpg
IMG_20161011_212806.jpg

wow what timing heheehe Great Start Brotha :thumb:

Ahhh Hoy Captain Cronic!!! How are ya brotha!!! Glad to have you along, new strains, old strains, new crosses... and lots of fun just about to start! great timing! good to see ya and hope all is well!

Ahhh Hoy Captain Cronic!!! How are ya brotha!!! Glad to have you along, new strains, old strains, new crosses... and lots of fun just about to start! great timing! good to see ya and hope all is well!

alls well just busy with life
read your stuff on the bill kinda sucks they wanted rec but not at any cost :Namaste:

Hey everyone!!! Sorry for the long delay. Been quite a bit unmotivated lately and really busy with other things so I apologize that the update is taking so long to get out, but its here :)

So the girls are getting larger and I have now topped most of the plants at least 2x so far as I want to make sure I can make a good amount of seeds of each. The 2nd ogiesel and actually a 3rd ogiesel rooted and have been thriving so the project is just about to get underway, as soon as I can get clones of all of the plants rooted and put into my other tents, as well as I will have to wait until my flowering tent is done before I flip this tent. I can only fit about 8 plants in my 3rd tent so I will have to make sure that I have room for the other strains to keep them going as we get ready for this project because once they are in flowering, I won't have the ability to take clones and keep all the genetics alive.

I also will not be doing black diamond og anymore. I tried 3x to clone it, taking about 5 cuttings each time and the plant just doesn't want to root. It was one of my weakest plants, a low producer, very very finicky and just not fun to grow so I decided I would quit trying as it wasn't one of my favorites anyways, and just keep on keepin on with the project. No loss as I have some much better genetics now to play with and enjoy. No reason to keep a plant that is tough to grow, produces very low, and really wasn't that impressive overall.

So right now is a waiting game. I will be taking cuttings of all 6 of the new strains which once they get rooted will be the 1st ones to go into my 3rd tent. These will be the ones that will move on to my next flowering project. Once my flowering tent opens up, these will be placed into the flowering tent to veg longer, as I will take cuttings of the remaining 5 strains, and they will go into my 3rd tent to veg.

I wish I could flip them sooner, but with the addition of 6 new strains that were picked up at the beginning of this project, room is very tight and I will have to just wait to make sure they all make it to the next round... so sorry this journal will take longer than usual and my perpetual garden timing has been sacrificed but hey.. I got some killer genetics now to toy with :)

I've decided that Ogiesel will be the one that gets reversed with colloidal silver this round, so I can make feminized seeds. This strain is just amazing and since its one of my favorites, I want to make sure I have plenty of feminized seeds to get her going later in the future, without having to keep the plant alive.. I may still keep it anyways, same with the black cherry soda as they are amazing and I really would like to work them in the future... but only time and space will tell. :)

Well here are the photos for today of the feminized seed project, still in veg and getting bigger :)

IMG_20161026_205801.jpg
IMG_20161026_205810.jpg
IMG_20161026_205930.jpg
IMG_20161026_205935.jpg
IMG_20161026_205943.jpg
IMG_20161026_205950.jpg
IMG_20161026_205956.jpg
IMG_20161026_210008.jpg
IMG_20161026_210038.jpg

I forgot to mention... I officially named some of the strains that I created last grow...

So far we have...

Black and Tange = black cherry soda x tangie

Cherry Float = Black Cherry Soda x Ogiesel

Black Harley = Black Cherry Soda x Harlequin

Black Fire Soda = Black Cherry Soda x Fire OG

A few people will be running some testers for me so I am excited to see how they do. I won't have a chance to run any of these until a few more rounds of seed projects are done so I hope they all promote excellent crosses. We will see :)

:lot-o-toke:

I'm in it to win it Ice. I know at some point I will dabble with CS. Would like to have some seed batches of favorite strains. To hard to keep living genetics around with limited space. Trust me, if I had the damn space I would keep everything I like growing and happy! I just need to make sure my next house has a building or 2 on property.

:lot-o-toke:

I'm in it to win it Ice. I know at some point I will dabble with CS. Would like to have some seed batches of favorite strains. To hard to keep living genetics around with limited space. Trust me, if I had the damn space I would keep everything I like growing and happy! I just need to make sure my next house has a building or 2 on property.

I 420% agree.. If I had the room, I would have a warehouse full of every strain I have ever come across and liked :) lol I can't even believe what I do in 3x 2x4 tents.. sometimes I wish I just had room for like 1 or 2 more tents... I would be able to keep perpetual seed and flowering tents going all the time :) lol

Same reason I started doing the seed project... there were some strains like my ogiesel and black cherry soda that were just too darn good to even think about not keeping and the collection of favorites started to grow... and now I almost need 2 tents just to keep all the genetics alive... will be so nice when I can just pop a few seeds select a favorite pheno and run full flowering cycles with 1 or 2 strains... would definitely help my quality too, as its tough making one batch of nutrient feedings for 6 strains.. always there are 1 or 2 that just don't like it like the others... lol

I forgot to mention... I officially named some of the strains that I created last grow...

So far we have...

Black and Tange = black cherry soda x tangie

Cherry Float = Black Cherry Soda x Ogiesel

Black Harley = Black Cherry Soda x Harlequin

Black Fire Soda = Black Cherry Soda x Fire OG

A few people will be running some testers for me so I am excited to see how they do. I won't have a chance to run any of these until a few more rounds of seed projects are done so I hope they all promote excellent crosses. We will see :)

I volunteer in tribute as a tester :geek:

Here is a few new photos of the garden as the ladies get more full and continue to veg. I will be letting them get a little bigger and in about a week or so I will be taking cuttings of the 6 new strains to prepare some clones (minus the trainwreck and gorilla glue #4) which already have rooted clones in soil in my 3rd tent. I have to figure out a way where I can take a clone of each of these 11 strains and fit them all in my 3rd tent, or I will have to wait until my flowering tent is finished which is about 1 month out.. so we will have to get creative and see how it all plans out.

Not much else to report on today, so here are some pics :)

IMG_20161030_211755.jpg
IMG_20161030_211810.jpg
IMG_20161030_211825.jpg
IMG_20161030_211828.jpg
IMG_20161030_211831.jpg

One of the best posts I have read on here. Thanks and very well explained.

I just started spraying a NYC diesel auto so glad you took the time to do this.

Just wondering if you ever heard of using the natural feminised seed spray. I seen it after I ordered my C/S

Thanks

Hey everyone!!! Well I'm slightly bummed that prop 64 got passed here in Cali as its the true wool over the sheeps eyes. So I guess we better get ready for corporate cannabis, taxes, permits, and all kinds of regulations... I wish this wouldn't have passed but oh well, thats what we get when people blindly vote without reading the bill text...

But I also do have exciting news too!!! So I am sponsored by Budmaster, and I just received the ALL NEW Budmaster HPS LED lights... I know your probably like wtf is a HPS LED>.. well HPS from Budmaster stands for High Pressure Sun, and these lights were designed by Budmaster to push further towards a more sunlight accurate spectrum, so it uses mostly white LED's (in 2 color temps) and also uses added red, green, deep blue and IR chips to supplement the peaks and needed wavelengths. I'm super excited as if I were to design a spectrum of LED for growing, it would be very similar to this, so really happy to be given the opportunity to run them for all of you!

Well I was going to wait, and hold off on the announcement until after my flowering tent was complete, but I decided that because I am breeding seeds, its probably better to use them right away and give the plants full spectrum light (the GOD's are full spectrum too, but very red heavy). I don't know if this is actually better for breeding than using the GOD, but I figure since the sun is the ultimate light, why not use the new Budmaster HPS lights :)

So as usual, when I get new lights to test I will be doing a video showing all the features, and running different tests but it wont be until this weekend when I have time to film and edit it which generally takes quite a few hours to put together, especially making the PAR charts and all, but hopefully by next week I will have those done :)

As for the plants, things are looking really good for the most part in the garden. A few of the plants are struggling with my soil as its old probably way out of wack as far as balances, so I've been looking to correct it as best I can and things are improving for a majority of the plants. About a week ago I topped the tallest plants an used the cuttings for cloning, so I have many clones right now waiting for roots. Currently I have 1 ogiesel, a candyland, trainwreck and mendo grape kush rooted and in pots, but I am still waiting for the others to root and be transplanted before getting flowering going and starting the seed project CS spraying :) Depending on how much room I have for the remaining plants I may have to wait for my flowering tent to finish up which will be about 1 month from today, but I decided to repot some of the plants in the seed project into larger pots, which gave me more smaller pots for the young clones and will hopefully open up room for the remaining clones to be potted now.

Other than that, not much else to report on as of now. I did manage to tour a world class molecular genetics lab for grapes this week, with some famous molecular biologists and scientists. Very cools stuff. Most of what they talked about was way above my head, but by the end of the tour, I started to understand a lot of it and hopefully as I learn more working alongside these guys I will be able to incorporate the ways of selective breeding using plant genomics to promote new and amazing strains. (non GMO) :) I've also found out some techniques that are used on other crop to create true breeding plants in a very short amount of time, but it will take a lot of money and learning before I can get to that point :)

Well here are the photos of those shiny new Budmaster HPS lights!! I will have all the details and specs towards the weekend when I have more time, as well as the video review and testing :)

IMG_20161108_210032.jpg
IMG_20161108_210021.jpg
IMG_20161108_210013.jpg
IMG_20161108_210000.jpg
IMG_20161108_205839.jpg
IMG_20161108_205912.jpg
IMG_20161108_205904.jpg
IMG_20161108_205829.jpg
IMG_20161108_205820.jpg

And here are the photos of the girls :)

IMG_20161108_205747.jpg
IMG_20161108_205753.jpg