Ideal perpetual setup for 2k CAD

JPinkman

Hi everyone,

This is my first post after a couple months of almost non stop reading/research. If I've posted this in the wrong area of the forum, I do apologize. I would also like to say that the people on this forum are a wonderful community and resource, and I hope in time to be able to become part of and contribute to that community.

I am a disabled Canadian, I suffer from chronic non stop pain which I treat with MJ. It doesn't make me pain free (nothing does) but it certainly helps take the edge off and allows me to maintain some productivity.

What nI have experienced with both Licenced Producers as well as local dispensaries has been very inconsistent. The LDs have sub par quality with high pricing and carcinogenic pesticides (thanks guys) and the dispensaries have decent quality with decent pricing and god knows what pesticides. I also know for a fact about a dispensiary putting the same herb in 6 different jars with 6 different names, and that the names on the jars had no actual connection to what you were actually getting. In my mind if even 1 dispensary can operate this way then they likely all are. Conclusion; time to grow my own

I have a medical licence for 25 plants but I dont think Ill need anywhere near that many. Im thinking of a few mother plants and flowering out 4-6 plants at a time. My budget is a HARD 2k Canadian, and I plan on buying local. I know I could save a few bucks by shopping on amazon but I believe in supporting local business.

This is the plan as of now:

MOTHER TENT

3x3x6 grow tent
200w CFL with reflector
2 internal fans for circulation
4" fan exhausting to flower tent
Thermo/hygro

FLOWER TENT

4x4x7 grow tent
600w Ushio HPS with reflector
2 internal fans for circulation
6" exhaust fan with filter
Termo/hygro
Timer

Was planning a soil grow with organic nutrients as recommended by the local grow shop. They are all about being fully organic with the bat guano and earth work castings and whatnot. I eat organic whenever possible and feel it would be a good fit for my lifestyle.

My reason for lunging out the mother tent into the flower tent is that all of this is going in a cold basement. Average daytime temp of 12 deg C. The mother tent will be running 24/0 so it should stay warm enough, and Ill run my 600w HPS at night when its coldest, but Im worried about the 12 hours during the day when its cold, so Im lunging in the warm air from the mother tent. If needed Ive got a small space heater and would also buy a thermostat switch for it to run when it was needed.

Ive also got a large dehumidifier I can use in the flowering tent, but Id rather find a small one if possible. more room for green.

Im wondering if anyone has any advice on my setup, maybe has grown in a cold Canadian basement and would like to share those tips with me. Im brand new so I may well be missing something huge. Thanks so much for reading, and have a great day!

Im in cold man.

carefull for condensation, hot air or ducting going to cold air. cold air or ducting coming into hot air.

using your heat from your hps is great idea. ive done it already. now you have to be carefull. if its blowing directly on any plants it will taco them. at least it did for me. you have to pipe it away from them and reall dissapate it into room so nothing above average room temp hits the plants. maybe a little byt mine really didn't like it.

ive noticed colder is better. well i cant really say that much because i havn't tried hotter much. so what i did was seedlings were closer to 75F and then i brought em down to closer 70F as they got older. i tried to bring them back up and use my hps heat but they did not like it. ive heard a 75-80 can make for more growth, did not do me any good. now maybe i didn't bring em up slow enough or they didn't have enough co2/fresh air. i dont know. but currently keeping them cooler - 75 max air temp in day and like 68 at night. maybe that low, but not for long. more like 70F

dont draw cold air into your hps

dont vent humid air into your attic, vent it out.

theres so much to deal with with the cold man it has caused me nothing but headache and ive redone shit over and over

but it is making for ez res temps

Awesome cnile thanks for the reply and advice. The main thing Im worried about it the temps during lights out. I'll habe warm air (not hot) coming from the CFL next door. I plan to vent from the top of my mother tent into the bottom of my flower tent with a loop to light proof it.

I dont expect this to raise the overall temp by a lot, but it wont hurt. Ill also be running a dehumid 24/0 so that'll help a little too. If I have to ill put a small space heater on a thermo switch. Either that or put a 600w MH bulb in the mother tent to get a hotter feed from it. Trying to determine what will cost less to run

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome to :420: sounds like a doable plan...you might need a second small ceramic heater or such...even with the circulating fans you still need air exchange and your passive intake will be just 12 degrees...might be a little too cool...monitor and adjust accordingly...It's nice you have a grow store where you are...if you can source locally without getting hosed...great!cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

My concern with a second heater is spending money on watts that arnt light. If I need to suppliment the mother tent ill add a MH light

lolool...well that might work too, and the seedling/young girls would surely luv' it...I hear Ya' on watt usage...especially here in Wynne world!...lool...part of the reason I resign myself to one grow a year...in summer and try to utilize all off peak hours for lights on...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Yeah I like these guys. They seem honest and genuine and care about people growing their own medicine. I could save money by shopping online but I feel its worth the little extra for the local guy. He also has lots of seeds from top seed comps at very fair prices.

Also nice about buying local is if you have any issues they can get you out of a pickle if something fails under warranty, as a loaner or replacement at some places (more major if a light fails, but even ventilation can not be good for extended time w/o it).

Back
Top Bottom