Il0ve3w33d's first cfl grow

Il0v3w33d

Alright, so Ive been reading around these forums for a while now. I wanted to do the home made hydro bucket that stratlogic made but i never had enough money haha. So i finally got the money, went to home depot bought the bucket, 4 23 watt soft whites (i couldn't remember which ones to buy for veg) and then went to pets mart and bought an air pump, tubing and an air stone. But they didn't have a sub pump under 30 bucks. So i thought to myself that i would just buy a cheap one online. So the next morning i said screw it and went to soil since i had most of the stuff minus the correct lights but decided to just use those ones anyways. i have 5 small pots under the lights at the moment. Will post pictures soon. I'm going try and grow them as best as i can under these lights until i get money to buy the 6700k cfls. Temperature doesn't seem to be a problem so far. I'm going to have to pick up a small fan but lets just half ass this one for now haha. I have the lights set up all around the plants and since i couldn't find any mylar i put some tinfoil=p up to help. Whatever works i guess? I have some pretty good soil my mom uses but eventually ill get some good stuff and buy some nutes for the flowering cycle. Right now I'm just waiting for the ladies to pop out of the soil. I'm only going to grow one plant until i can buy some hids/mh lights so I'm hoping to grow them all at least a month and try to tell which is female and toss out the rest. I'm really excited for this! (eventually ill do the hydro though)

sounds good man, as you know, just watch them too see if that light source is actually cutting it, and definitely going to have to improve on the light setup, but i know how it is when strapped for cash bro.lol All in all, sounds good man, ima stay tuned for this grow..hoping to see some pics soon! BEST OF GROWING TO YA!
:cool:

haha thanks, still not seeing anything...so nothing to post pictures of...still waiting. Im wondering. should i keep my closet door open for air circultion or no?

i totally understand, dirt pics wouldnt be ideal.hah, im actually waiting for some to sprout as well..just planted yesterday morning so yea. about the closet door, it all depends on the temperature it is in there, or the surrounding house. anywhere from 70ish to 85' (in some case is alright)in the closet is alright, but it is wise to run some ducting, or air escape of some kind. just watch the plants to determine if they can/are doing fine, and if so, i see no reason. take it ez bro.

alright, well its been 3 days....no sprouting... so i went to look for the seeds...and they aren't there hahaha. im germinating 6 as we speak. so im hoping to get this started soon. i hope i get a taproot soon!

yup! one had a taproot. just planted it! within the next few days i should see something popping out and then ill take some pictures of my ghetto setup hahaha. Its going to make you smile.

alright, i have 3 seeds in there pots, and 2 of them are popping out. ill post some pictures tomorrow!! im excited that its actually growing now! its like a waiting game

congrats man.. i kno how it feels during your first grow lol... good luck bro keep us posted ::ganjamon::

alright, i have 3 seeds in there pots, and 2 of them are popping out. ill post some pictures tomorrow!! im excited that its actually growing now! its like a waiting game

I'm also waiting on 5 seeds to pop that I planted on Tuesday. Good luck with your grow. Most important tips for soil are to start with small pots and transplant as the plants grow and not to overwater. You didn't mention what type of container you started the seeds in but 16oz SOLO cups (colored not clear) are a good starter container since it sounds like you're on a budget.

JC

alright, well im currently sick. I dont know what kind of cups they are. but ill take some pictures when my family leaves after the football game. One the edge of some of the leaves they are yellow. But there no heat problem and i dont know what else could be causing it. Any ideas of what i should do?

alright, ive uploaded some pictures, i now have 4 plants growing... another one sprouted from one of the pots that already had a plant in it so i just put it in another pot.

day 5
0921091930.jpg

day 5
0921091931.jpg

this ones kinda tall. day 5

0921091931b.jpg

and these are all of them.

0921091931c.jpg

Yea man... Just be paitient... Paitience is the key to growing green!

Back
Top Bottom