Il0ve3w33d's first cfl grow

Hey man whats up, awesome job with the lights, the girls will really flourish under all those! You don't necessarily have to use nutes. Check out TheCriMsonK20 he hasn't used any nutes throughout his grow. Here's the link to it. Using no nutes will cause your plants to have some deficiencies and not produce the max potential. But what you get is a very simple grow, u just give your plants water and don't worry about anything else. Good luck man.

looking good dude, those buckets are awesome aren't they? When I transplanted mine into those 5 gals, they exploded with growth. As DFW said, I haven't used any nutes my whole grow. I know my plants aren't growing to their max potential, but for what they are, they are doing extremely well considering I have only given them water and weak light.

thanks guys! they seem alot smaller than what they "should" be about compared to everyone elses. Since they aren't really big now. Ill post some pictures at day 30 and probably veg til 45 days. or until its like 18 inches

its day 28....i think lol. The plants really exploded with growth. Im really excited! ill post some pictures either tomorrow or saturday

how many watts? i have a total of 216. not bad i guess. Im kinda worried that the plants not gunna get enough light. But i think im gunna do a scrog. Seems like the buds are nicer and the plants dont get too tall

how many watts? i have a total of 216. not bad i guess. Im kinda worried that the plants not gunna get enough light. But i think im gunna do a scrog. Seems like the buds are nicer and the plants dont get too tall
160 total through veg for 6 plants. I have 2 4ft shop lights running 2 40W bulbs each. Once they started showing buds, I cut down 3 males and 1 hermie and added another 40W CFL, so now I'm at 200W for 2 plants. Not much light at all, but I'm getting better results than I expected. I also LST'd the hell out of them to allow me to keep the lights right on top of them at all times.

so then i should be good with the amount of light. I really think im gunna do a scrog, is there anything else i do besides but the screen across the top?

alright, so its day 29 and they are starting to really grow now! except the one on the left is still kinda small. The one on the right, plant 1 is 6-7 inches and is starting to grow branches and leaves everywhere. i took some pictures of the undernearth of both plants and top and side angle so you can see everything. here they are!

plant 1
1016091703.jpg

plant 1
1016091703a.jpg

plant 1
1016091703b.jpg

plant 1
plant_118.jpg

plant 1
plant_1_01.jpg

plant 1
plant_1_02.jpg

plant 2
pant_2.jpg

plant 2
plant_218.jpg

plant 2
plant_2_01.jpg

plant 2
plant_2_02.jpg

plant 2
plant_2_03.jpg

ok so what do you guys think? are they growin good or am i doin bad haha. My goal is like 6-8 ounces total. but some of it im not completely drying for uhhh..lets just say reasons.

lol yea theyre doin real good...look like some good smoke:)
i saw u said u want to veg for 45 days or around 18"...i dont remember what ur space limit is but i hope u consider that when u flower it...it will end up 2 or 3 times the size it was when u started to flower it...so at 18" it will be anywhere from 3 feet to 4 1/2 feet

hahaha sorry im really high and we were on my friends account cause hes over...but yeah that was me saying that. sorry! my friend helped me pay for most of the stuff.

Well generally a foot is a good height... But just make sure u have enough light to spread out for 3 to 4 feet of tall plants

They're going to be big mama's ;) the horizontal space needed depends on what growing techniques you intend on using, though I can say that my LST'ed plants need the same space horizontally as they do vertically. FYI they're 15" tall and wide.

hmmm, well i dont really know what method i should use.. i want to be able to grow 2 decent sized plants in there with yielding at least 6-8 ounces. (3oz's im not drying) But do you have any suggestions on what i should do? :smokin:

Well bud production is related to how big the plants canopy is, not so much it's over all size. For example you can have a plant that is 10' high and wide, but the bud is only going to be on the outside of the plant. The interior space of the plant is just a skeletal structure. From what I've seen, I think that a scrog growing technique would help your plant achieve it's maximum yield. Check out Munki's excellent scrog grow to see what it looks like on a small scale. Munki's Ebb n Flow 3 x 3 SCROG 400W HPS Grow
Growing your plants very tall will only be beneficial if you can have lighting on the side as well as the top. Basicaly brainstorm ways to grow that will let you get the most direct light on the plant as possible. If you can have lights all around your plants (remember you have to control the heat) then I would say just LST them or grow them out naturally if you really want.

yeah im gunna go with a scrog grow, ill go to home depot and pick up some screen. But when should i put the screen up and how do i get the buds to go through. will it just grow through the holes by itself?

Back
Top Bottom