I'm looking for QB answers

George Mc

Hello 420, I have 2 blurple lights in my 5.5 x 5.5 foot grow closet and it is 89 degrees at the canopy. The lights are 30 in above the canopy. The temperature inside my house is 72 degrees. So that means my grow room lights are adding 17 degrees to the closet. I have a 6in extractor fan with carbon filter on full blast. I was wanting to hold off on Quantum boards for another grow or two but with this heat being created I might have to pull the trigger sooner than later. Do Quantum boards really run very cool? And the other question would be, what do you suggest for my closet? I want one or two lights that I can use from seedling all the way through Harvest. Thank you in advance.

When I was using an air cooled hps I was essentially sucking all the warm air out of my house in winter through the exhaust fan.. Since I got my qbs (HLG320xl) I usually just open the tent door and let the stink and any excess heat out. A small tent jammed in a spare bedroom closet with the bedroom door almost closed can run no problem with just a fan blowing across the heat sink and out of the tent. Usually the canopy is 1-2 Celsius above the temp of the bedroom. Qbs are great. Free heat but not much! No annoying exhaust fan!

My QBs easily dropped off 10f from my hps in a 4x4

I'm a fan of diy QBs and dedicated flower and veg spectrum
So are you running a 3000 and a 4000?

So are you running a 3000 and a 4000?
Main flower is 132bds at 2700k
I also have 3000k in 120s for flower

A 4000k 120s for veg and the 288s are 4000k

Does anyone see a problem running a hlg 135 4000k in my flower tent. I have a 315 cmh in my 4x4 and an running my hlg in there as well for some extra light will the 4000k spectrum be an issue for the plants.

Back
Top Bottom