In-line fane connected to a filter with no out ventilation

MagicNative

Im looking at a:
6" S&P TD-Silent Series Inline Fan. For 6 inch round duct - 333/239 cfm (high/low..
Im in an apartment can't vent out of that apartment through windows for suspicion.. And even though I can fix sheet rock I don't want to make hole to get air out of the room into the rest of the house..
Although I've found a small corner I might put a hole for a intake fan to push air in I can't put another whole right next to it because of available spacing and the air input/output probably wouldn't work well any way.
Scenario: what if I took the fan and just strapped it to the carbon filter and left it at that. It would filter.?. But everything would just recirculate and refilter.. Is this going to work

K well nobody has really said anything but pretty much this is where im going with this.. 6" fan hooked to a 90° angle hooked to the filter.. I think the cheaper ones I've found and will be using to start are a 4" X 10" or their is a 6" X 16" but they are out of those right now so I might just grab a reducer same set up.. This set up will be set up high on the top self of the closet pointing the 90° angle and filter downward hanging it over the grow with a pull through the filter out through the fan.. I still don't have or want a vent fan or set up so this will all stay enclosed and recrecirculate.. I do have a 6" hole I will use to vent air new it in.. Looking into a $500 Co2 rain down set up and will attach much larger tanks so the Co2 lasts..

What you are creating is an odor sink. I have a simpler odor sink I made from a desk fan and a plastic 5 gallon utility pail. It works pretty well. The original post disappeared from my journal, but these 2 pics should tell you all you need. I mounted the fan without its front grille in the lid with silicone seal. I used 2 solid room deodorizers on the bottom, but you can use charcoal, and even add water, if you raise your charcoal above the water on an inverted bowl. This will add some humidity.

DIY_Odor_Control_open.JPG

DIT_Odor_Control_assembled.JPG

It's as passive as you can get.l Your setup sounds good, too.

What you are creating is an odor sink. I have a simpler odor sink I made from a desk fan and a plastic 5 gallon utility pail. It works pretty well. The original post disappeared from my journal, but these 2 pics should tell you all you need. I mounted the fan without its front grille in the lid with silicone seal. I used 2 solid room deodorizers on the bottom, but you can use charcoal, and even add water, if you raise your charcoal above the water on an inverted bowl. This will add some humidity.

DIY_Odor_Control_open.JPG

DIT_Odor_Control_assembled.JPG

It's as passive as you can get.l Your setup sounds good, too.
Wow that's pretty crazy looking.. Did it work pretty good

Back
Top Bottom