Indoor Grow - VenturaGold

Day 32

Not much to show, stretch still going and no visible sexing yet.

VG_day_33.JPG

Plant 1

Plant_110.JPG

Plant 2

Plant_210.JPG

Plant 3

Plant_39.JPG

Plant 4

Plant_46.JPG

Plant 5

Plant_54.JPG

Sexing starting Day 34

Plant 1

01873.JPG

Female. Not as strong a girl as Plant 2 but has a very stout disposition. Will be interesting to see further stretch on this plant.

Plant 2

01967.JPG

Female. Easily the strongest of the female plants. Has great leaf definition, strong trunk formation, has a bit of stink on already.

Plant 3

02165.JPG

Undecided as at day 14 in 12/12.

Plant 4

no_4_day_34.JPG

Undecided as at 14 days in 12/12

Plant 5

01780.JPG

Looking every bit the male. Had been hoping he would appear soon. This male will be used as he appeared first, at 14 day of 12/12. In this way, the recognition of photoperiod change, is strong in this particular plant.

SS, humidity is at about 45% during flowering, as I like the girls to be hot and dry.
During veg I like the plants to get a 70-80% humidity, lots of spraying and the light down close in the cupboard gets me pretty close to 70%. I think it is important to get the humidity down for flowering though.

CMX, the luxury the seed grow gives us is the ability to pick out strong characteristics that we can keep using so that the next lot of seeds is cracker quality. Then, in that big old wheel of yours, you could get a clone that is perfect from seed stock you've got, that is ideal for the conditions you want to grow in. I am thinking a plant that is feminised, stinky, crystally and short and stout?

SS, humidity is at about 45% during flowering, as I like the girls to be hot and dry.
During veg I like the plants to get a 70-80% humidity, lots of spraying and the light down close in the cupboard gets me pretty close to 70%. I think it is important to get the humidity down for flowering though.

Thanks bro!

It looked like you were keeping it pretty humid and I just wanted to confirm that.

ss

Day 36

Plants 3 & 5 are definetly male. Which is a great thing in this grow.

010131.JPG
Plant_56.JPG

Plants 1 & 2 are female.

Plant_111.JPG
Plant_211.JPG

Plant 4 still undecided, however my thoughts are that it is female.

Plant_47.JPG

Hi Tricome,

THe clones are close to showing roots, and I would imagine by Wednesday I will be able to get them under the 400HPS. So far I can for sure say I have 2 males and 2 females, so the breeding potential is there and I will be able to seed in about 2 weeks time the plants that are already in this journal.

Day 37 & Clones as at 18 days

Plant 1 & 2 are really aromatic girls already!!

Plant_1_day_37.JPG
Plant_2_day_37.JPG

Plant 3 & 5 looking very healthy

Plant_3_day_37.JPG
Plant_5_day_37.JPG

Plant 4 still undecided

Plant_4_day_37.JPG

Clones

001156.JPG

Have already culled the male clones. For the purpose of this journal, am only keeping the female clones. Will be crossing Plant 5 (male) and Plant 2 (female). These are the 2 I have chosen to breed based on desirable characteristics. When I get a male plant from these seeds, I wll cross back into the female cloned plant 2, to continue a strain with the strength of character she is already exhibiting.

just caught up with your grow DGMGH, Ventura Gold is looking good i can already see why it is a special strain:)
best of luck to you, i will be sticking around to watch what goes down:ganjamon:

Day 38, Goodbye Plant number 3 (Male)

Taken out of the grow pot at day 38. The plant itself was healthy, not unaromatic, had a quick dry, smoked OK!, but for the purposes mentioned earlier, Plant No. 5 has been chosen as the pollen donator.

Goodbye_No_3.JPG

Without plant number 3. Opens up a bit of space under the canopy once removed.

Minus_No_3.JPG

Closeups of the Female stems. Looking very solid and starting to really bulk up

Plant_stem_1.JPG
Plant_stem_2.JPG

Male Heads plant 3 (removed) & plant 5 (in situ)

No_3_day_38.JPG
no_5_day_38.JPG

Back
Top Bottom