Indoor/Outdoor Perpetual Grow 2016

urmom

So we have a new batch of seeds started and thought I would create a new journal for them too...these will all be split indoor and outdoor seeds. I have a certain batch of "pheno hunting" seeds that are almost exclusively for outdoors as they are the seeds we created last year specifically for that purpose. We have a small group of plants that express themselves as a group with 4 specific phenos: " red", "green", "gold chunk" and "wispy Thai". They all share a terpene profile that is very lemon skunk with some tropical scents/flavors and a slight to heavy "lemon cleaner" background. We just call it lemon skunk and know the differences based on bud structure and color. The best phenos are the "red" and "wispy Thai". When you smoke the "green", you feel like you did a huge line of coke and it lasts about 2-3 hours! The gold chunk seems to get a bit angry and is not recommended for day to day smoke...maybe someone likes it but the wife and I are convinced it is the bottom of the pile.

So we started 10 seeds from the bottom of the outdoor jars from last year...all green, gold, red and wispy phenos combined. Some were seeded by our Black Widow male and then I suspect at least one of the moms had a couple male flowers. I am giving out about 30 seeds for other people to grow (legally and locally) so we can start locating specific varieties and people can breed with them...they finish at the end of September in New England so they are a dream come true for outdoor cultivating.

IMG_041037.JPG

The other batch of seeds consist of import seeds: Super Skunk (Sensi), Nicole Kush (DNA), Purple Afghan Kush (Dinafem), OG 13 (G13 Labs), Flo OG (Rare Dankness [score from a dispensary bud!]), Auto Pineapple Express (G13 Labs) and Auto Chemdog (Auto Seeds). I am pretty excited about these seeds and they will all get a couple of clones taken off them (except the autos) and then they will get put outside and we will see how they perform. You never know what varieties will do good until you try them!

seed_selection.jpg

The split for "day time" vs "night time", because that is how I split them...All we care about is what ones are usefull during the day while someone works and which ones are good for the evening and bedtime...obviously when the individual plants finish we can determine exactly where they fit on the spectrum of useful medicine. According to the seed companies...Super Skunk, Nicole Kush, Purple Afghan Kush, Pineapple Express and the Auto Chemdog all fall into the "nighttime" category...While the OG 13, and the Flo OG will be "day time" varieties...we shall see. The outdoor pheons I am growing are all day time phenos so we should have a nice mix at the end of the season. I will put the autos outside as soon as the weather permits, probably another month, maybe 3 weeks...

That will leave us with clones of everything getting flowered inside under the 1000w and I will hang my 400 beside the tent just so we can get some light on the mothers if needed at any time over the summer. All the import seeds will live as mothers for the summer outside in pots and we will take clones off them periodically and have a nice batch ready to flower again in the fall. They will give up 4 sets of clones right away (early May), 3 for indoor flower and the other for outdoor, in the ground experiments...I want to see what will finish outside in New England. Then around July they will get cut again, probably take 6 each and drop half of them right into flower inside before putting them moms (drastically cut down, repotted and ready) into flower in September...we will probably let them start flowering outside naturally then finish them in the tent in October/November.

That will put us flowering the 15 import clones and probably 5 of our domestic seeds as clones too, so a total of 20 clones inside under our 1000w from May 15 to August 1 (just to be safe on time...10 weeks)then an additional 15 under the lights as soon as the others finish, call it Aug 1-Oct 15 and then we bring the mothers inside to finish their cycle on or about 15 October...these dates can move up by about a week per batch so the earliest the moms come inside is October 1 and that should be fine. We have a greenhouse that will sustain about a dozen plants into November...

So a quick recap of varieties and whatnot...

Super Skunk by Sensi Seeds
Nicole Kush by DNA and Marimberos
Purple Afghan Kush from Dinafem
OG 13 and Auto Pineapple Express by G13 Labs
Flo OG from Rare Dankness (we scored this seed from a dispensary bud from our first [and only] visit to NETA)
Auto Chemdog via Auto Seeds

We are also growing out the "outdoor pheno hunter seeds" from last year. We are attempting to stabilize our outdoor variety and hopefully we will have some positive results this time around. I will be starting 10 seeds, cloning them all and running them in and out for comparison.

I will run everything outside in soil that my animals live on (pigs and chickens) so it should be very healthy and maybe a bit hot (with N) but everything was nice last year so we will try to replicate the results again this year. The inside plants and all seedlings and clones will start their lives in some local organic pre-mix soil from the garden center I use (AGWAY). It has all the normal stuff in it and we will add some perilite and vermiculite to get the drainage just right. After the first few weeks in small 1/2 gal pots, clones will be cut and the moms will then move into 3 gal nursery containers for a few months and the clones will get cut into 1 quart containers...they all will then move to final destinations after another 2 weeks, either the ground on or about 20 May or into 1 gal finishing pots right away for flowering in the tent. The big pots and finishing pots will all get the same mix of soil, extra worm castings, high N guano and high P/K guanos, some calmag, and whatever soil inoculation I have (mycorrhizae powder, compost teas, etc). This system has been a pretty good to us over the years with extremely high terpene content and soaring cannabinoid content. we have not sent anything out for testing at a lab but this is the year we decided to do that, so we should have results from testing in September, if not sooner...

Things are looking good on the farm and we are hosting our first annual Outdoor Cannabis Cultivation Workshop at the end of the month to help other legal patients produce the medicine they desperately need. If you are in New England and have a medical card, feel free to comment and I can get you the information and reserve a spot on the farm for this workshop...it should be pretty good, cloning, seed selection, soil prep, disease/pest prevention, greenhouse/raised beds, legal issues, fencing and predators (including the worst ones...people!) as well as a seed and clone trade/giveaway...

This is going to be big... Subbed for this journey... I'll st up a hammock, grab my bong and watch comfortably, lol..... I love plants in the ground.... Best of growing..

This is going to be big... Subbed for this journey... I'll st up a hammock, grab my bong and watch comfortably, lol..... I love plants in the ground.... Best of growing..

You are correct sir! This will be an epic journal...hopefully my best and most complete so far...I already have dreams about the clones I will be flowering all summer and then the moms in the fall!!! Wait till you see the next batch of seeds we are runnning this winter! Tangie, Mango Tango, Mango, Grape Kush...it will be a fruity tropical delight...with the intentions of creating more tropical, Mango type seeds...my wife loves the terpene profile in Blimburn's Mango and I only have 1 seed left, so I will be trying to "re-create" that profile with all the tropical fruit seeds we have stored up...

So I am so excited about this season and the upcoming grows I wanted to share the seed collection and let everyone know what is coming next! We already know about the import selection for this cycle, but what about the seed breeding project that we have planned? Here it is...we are going to pop all the following packs in hopes of getting a nice breed-able pollen donor...

We have a couple feminized seeds including but not limited to:

Reserva Privada "Tangie"
Blimburn "Mango"
Cali Connection "Grape Kush"
House of the Great Gardener "Barbara Bud"

and for regular seeds (hopefully a couple of males surface in these...)

Elemental Seeds "Mango Tango"
Rare Dankness "Grape OX"
Rare Dankness "Longs Peak Blue"

I would love to get a male Mango Tango and breed it to the Tangie, Mango and Barbara bud (all of which have a strong tropical fruit background. The Barbara is supposedly a Shishkaberry crossed with an Afghani landrace variety, so that sounds amazing! and the Rare Dankness varieties are all strong Blueberry crosses too so any combo of these genetics should produce some killer purps crosses...

So overall, things will be looking good for the next year at the farm...looking forward to sharing all the info I have and feel free to ask questions as we drive this train together...
:Namaste:

So a quick update from the farm...

We had some problems with seeds germinating (weak seeds maybe, too harsh of conditions on the porch maybe...). I always start seeds right at the edge of favorable conditions...I would rather have half of them not germinate and cull them at 5 days instead of being disappointed with them at a month old...

I put a 3 pack of Auto seeds Candy Kush into soil and not a single one popped (seedling mat is on, just a bit too cold for them to make it out of their shells...I will just stick with what we have and take some clones and hope for the best with a plant count...

So the current operation will run with the following:
4 x outdoor lemon skunk (domestic)
3 x Cali Connection Grape Kush
1 x Rare Dankness Flo OG
1 X G13 Labs OG 13
1 x G13 Labs Auto Pineapple Express
1 x Auto Seeds Auto Chemdog
2 x White Fire Alien Kush (gift)
3 x Pennywise clones (1:1 CBD:THC tested clones, gifted from a Veteran farm for PTSD)

I will top all of these plants and attempt to clone the cuttings for redundancy...we will also then cut 2-6 clones from each mother...so will become gifts, some will get flowered, some will get vegged for the summer...

That's it for now...have a great day!

So unfortunately, I will be leaving 420 mag after this current grow. I moved over to another forum service and can not maintain two journals at a time...I can barley keep up with this one...so as I transition over to -----, I will be closing up here...I will finish this first round of clines and then do a smoke report on all these varieties then shut it down...you can find me over there under Your Mom...just wanted to give folks and FYI...

Back
Top Bottom