Is it ok to put whole tent into flower?

Good morning all, so I have 4 ladies growing right now 3 purple Kush autos(23 days old) and 1 mutant photo (60 days old). Everyone is starting to flower. My question is can I put the whole tent under 12/12 for flowering? I know it's ok for the photo to be flipped to flowering schedule but is it ok for the autos?

@Bill284 @Krissi1982 @Paul Squiggle @LKABudMan @backyardagain @Jon @Renaissance Man

The autos won't produce as much under 12 hours. They'll keep flowering but the reduced light will effect your end yield. So I understand.
So basically just keep tent at 20/4 keeps photo in veg and then that light schedule will be fine for the autos?

So basically just keep tent at 20/4 keeps photo in veg and then that light schedule will be fine for the autos?
But what do I do if the photo is already starting to flower? I do not want another case of a hermied plant.

Good morning @HappyHazmat88 hope you are well today my friend.
Best light schedule for autos seems to be 20/4.
That will keep your photo in veg for ever though until you go 12/12.

Stay safe
Bill

But what do I do if the photo is already starting to flower? I do not want another case of a hermied plant.
You have to give that photo 12 hrs of complete darkness or it will reveg.
You may have to move it in and out of the light.

Stay safe
Bill

^^^^ Yes
I run autos and photos in the same tent all the time
When your autos are 2-3 weeks from finishing 12/12 is fine, they will bud up just the same since the plant is not really growing any more, rather the trichomes/resin are maturing which will happen in whatever environment

*edit* if photo is showing, I'd flip the lot - maybe you'll lose a gram or two but no big deal

You have to give that photo 12 hrs of complete darkness or it will reveg.
You may have to move it in and out of the light.

Stay safe
Bill
I was looking for a. 2×2×6 tent just for the photo so it can have its own schedule but I'm having a hard time finding that dimension. I don't have anywhere else to put the big one safely.
^^^^ Yes
I run autos and photos in the same tent all the time
When your autos are 2-3 weeks from finishing 12/12 is fine, they will bud up just the same since the plant is not really growing any more, rather the trichomes/resin are maturing which will happen in whatever environment

*edit* if photo is showing, I'd flip the lot - maybe you'll lose a gram or two but no big deal
Losing a gram or two is ok it's losing whole plant or stressing it to Hermie that would bug the crap out of me.

Not really sure why you would grow autos and photo in same group, but then i'm really not sure about a lot of things. When you say mutant photo does this mean its not growing very good? Me i would go for the greatest yield, how ever you want to do it.
I had a photo going but it hermied on me so it got the ax.... The "mutant" was a bag seed that I fought to keep alive from seed after main plant was removed... it did all kinds of weird things self top, weird bat shaped leaves, just over all weird leaves and growth. I wasn't sure if it was going to be female or not so I started 3 autos just incase the mutant showed signs of male. But now I have 4 begining to flower so I'm trying to figure out best strategy here.

Edit: I'm new to growing so at this point I'm in the trial and error stage.

I had a photo going but it hermied on me so it got the ax... The "mutant" was a bag seed that I fought to keep alive from seed, it did all kinds of weird things self top, weird bat shaped leaves, just over all weird leaves and growth. I wasn't sure if it was going to be female or not so I started 3 autos just incase the mutant showed signs of male. But now I have 4 begining to flower so I'm trying to figure out best strategy here.
If you can find a 2x2 for it great.
Otherwise 12/12 for the whole tent.
Lots of people run their autos 12/12 without complaining about their harvest.
So 2 tents or 12/12 in one?

Stay safe
Bill

If you can find a 2x2 for it great.
Otherwise 12/12 for the whole tent.
Lots of people run their autos 12/12 without complaining about their harvest.
So 2 tents or 12/12 in one?

Stay safe
Bill
Thank you much appreciated I will do the 12/12 and see what happens. Yea they make 2×2's in shorter heights but I'm in a 2×4×5 now and 5ft is already not enough for the photo... I've had to bend her down or she'd be damn near three foot tall on top of the foot height from pot (4ft total)...after stretch would be touching ceiling in tent lol.

I've never heard of an auto going hermie and flipping the photo is not going to stress it
Gradually drop the lights by an hour or two at a time - the autos will finish nicely and your photo will build up flowering hormones at the same time so when you hit 12/12 it's fireworks

I've never heard of an auto going hermie and flipping the photo is not going to stress it
Gradually drop the lights by an hour or two at a time - the autos will finish nicely and your photo will build up flowering hormones at the same time so when you hit 12/12 it's fireworks
Ok awesome so what gradually drop lighting hours an hour or two weekly? And not the autos I've read that they just do they're own thing no worries there...its the photo I'm nervous about.

I have a 2x2x6.5 tent. It's called Black Box. I tried all the known companies, including all the sponsors, and none of them seem to have 2x2 tents taller than 5 feet.
Thanks I'll look into it.

Edit/update: sent an inquiry for a quote on price....which I'm assuming they want cash and blood for the payment lol

Happy I say 24-0, 20-4 or 18-6. I do 24-0, will do 20-4 moving forward but I always bring @Jack420 In when I see this discussion as he runs his autos 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom