Is my plant a hermaphrodite?

See how the hairs are coming out on the right side showing female plant that's how my plant looked in the early stages how did it go from that to a male

Screenshot_2023-08-10-01-50-34-611.jpg
I don't see any hairs or pistols on your plant just male pollen sacks :passitleft:

Welcome to 420mag @420NKansasCity :welcome: your plant definitely looks male.. did you buy a feminised seed or regular?

I just had a whole crop Hermie on me here's some pics to explain..
Hermie is a female plant that self pollinates from stress or end of life.. it will start out budding like a female but when she's worried she's not going to make it POW out come the nanners.
PXL_20230731_202750361.jpg
PXL_20230731_202717035.jpg

Once you see them they need plucking immediately as they are straight to work if you see alot of them it's time to decide to start over or finish them up as like me if it happens too early you'll just have a shed load of seeds..

PXL_20230806_184827661.jpg
PXL_20230807_175446553.jpg

Yours hasn't taken any form of a bud to say it's female.. yours looks like pollon sacs which if any open will pollinate any nearby female and she will produce regular seeds. So if you have other plants get them separated.

People say seeds from a hermied plant will Hermie too is kind of true.. they have the same genetic make up as their mother so will Hermie under the same low stress levels... Some plants don't take much but a hermied seed is a feminised seed in my eyes. I'll be going round two with some hermied seeds to see if I can finish them.

Anyways lol sorry to see your plant isn't as you expected hopefully we both get better luck next round 🤞✌️

Welcome to 420mag @420NKansasCity :welcome: your plant definitely looks male.. did you buy a feminised seed or regular?

I just had a whole crop Hermie on me here's some pics to explain..
Hermie is a female plant that self pollinates from stress or end of life.. it will start out budding like a female but when she's worried she's not going to make it POW out come the nanners.
PXL_20230731_202750361.jpg
PXL_20230731_202717035.jpg

Once you see them they need plucking immediately as they are straight to work if you see alot of them it's time to decide to start over or finish them up as like me if it happens too early you'll just have a shed load of seeds..

PXL_20230806_184827661.jpg
PXL_20230807_175446553.jpg

Yours hasn't taken any form of a bud to say it's female.. yours looks like pollon sacs which if any open will pollinate any nearby female and she will produce regular seeds. So if you have other plants get them separated.

People say seeds from a hermied plant will Hermie too is kind of true.. they have the same genetic make up as their mother so will Hermie under the same low stress levels... Some plants don't take much but a hermied seed is a feminised seed in my eyes. I'll be going round two with some hermied seeds to see if I can finish them.

Anyways lol sorry to see your plant isn't as you expected hopefully we both get better luck next round 🤞✌️
Awesome post GV 🙏🏼

I checked in the early stages and they all showed female now I'm not so sure
See how the hairs are coming out on the right side showing female plant that's how my plant looked in the early stages how did it go from that to a male
<<Picture is back up on msg #18>>

Most likely when you first looked at the plant early on what you were seeing were very young Stipules. At that stage of growth the Stipules would be a lot thinner and no where near as thick at the base. Since the Stipules are also located in the area of the node it is easy to think that they are young female flowers or signs of pre-flowers.

Many of us here have been fooled by the very young Stipules but within days the actual male flower starts to show in the crevice of the node. That is where your plants are now, actually in full blown male flower growth and judging by those photos they are not that far away from the balls to start to open up.

This photo shows one of my clones that started to showed that it was male. It has just started to open the balls and this can be seen in the very center. Another couple of days and there would be yellow showing and the pollen would be starting to leave from those male flowers.

Since I give each clone a tracking number it was easy to go back and find the plant that the cutting was taken from. That plant was also showing male flowers but was several days behind. After a couple more days I was bored with watching and taking photos of the male plants and sent them off to the municipal composting farm.

full

Can't female and male both produce seeds ?
You have probably heard this or something similar before but "It takes two to tango" so you will need both male flowers and female flowers. A male plant cannot develop seeds since it does not have the proper female flower parts, specifically the ovules that are inside the ovary that is found at the end of the pistils/stigma.

But, a female plant not only has the flowers with the ovules that are inside the ovary but also the ability to sometimes develop male flowers that will produce the pollen.

All male, kill it!!!!
Other, kinder, more compassionate , nay, tender options are available.

Perhaps give to a non grower as an interesting conversation point, as an outdoor plant for their garden.

You could nurture it and start a breeding operation, take its man love into the accepting embrace of your ladies and grow out your own strains next tine. You might be a site sponsor with killer strains in a year or two.

You could re wild your local area with it for hikers and outdoor folk to see. Leave it with female company and next year see what happens.

Or go with killing it. Incinerate the plant and then the memories of it from your mind. Or rot it to mush with acid.

Got options 🤷🏽

🤣

I have a few acres of greenhouses about 200m away from my house. Covers both sides of a side street parallel with mine. Owned by a big dispensary owner round here. . #jussayin 🤪

Nick

A true hermaphrodite will have both pollen sacs and calyxs in different spots of the plant.

Nanners and female pollen sacs can form due to stress or trying to survive if not pollinated at end of life.

Nanners and seeds made from female pollen sacs from stress are feminized seeds.

I've had it happen to a Blueberry Cheesecake from Female Seeds in Netherlands. She popped out female pollen sacs after I lollipopped her huge lower fan leaves.

It caused some my other plants in the tent to get pollinated. I'm growing a seed from each of those plants right now and they were all female. No hermies

This the nanners from the Blueberry Cheesecake. 11 weeks of flowering.
Screenshot_20230810_175856_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230810_175840_Chrome.jpg

What are female pollen sacs? I am pretty sure you are thinking of the male flowers that form in the female flowers.
These pics are from the 3 plants that my Blueberry Cheesecake pollinated. None of the 3 plants hermied. Just the Blueberry Cheesecake plant did.

Its an experiment grow to see how they turn out

Aurora Indica X Blueberry Cheesecake

20230805_171700.jpg

GDP X Dosidos. X. Blueberry Cheesecake

20230805_171737.jpg

Blue Dream. X Blueberry Cheesecake

20230805_171930.jpg

Back
Top Bottom