Is my plant an autoflower or photoperiod? It's been 36 days

Doobie122

420 Member
Hello fellow growers,

I planted 3 seeds 36 days ago thinking they were autoflower seeds, but 2 of the plants don't seem to be showing any signs of pisil hairs so I am starting to think they might be photoperiods instead. I started a different strain at the same time and it started showing hairs 10 days ago and is currently flowering alongside the other ones. What should I do now? Should I wait to see if they really are autoflowers? I have a 32x32x60 tent so I don't have a ton of room to work with. My current plan is to wait another couple weeks to see if they poke out hairs, and if not then I have no idea what I am gonna do. I have pictures below of my plants so let me know what yall think.
IMG-0251.jpg
IMG-0241.jpg
IMG-0242.jpg
IMG-0244.jpg
IMG-0246.jpg
IMG-0247.jpg

Where did you get the seeds? Why do you think they are autos?? What’s your light schedule?

Stay on 18/6 for now, yeah last pic looks like start of flower. VG ran an auto that didn’t start to flower until day 56 I think it was... Yes you are right - that is a small tent for 3 plants. In the future I’d do one plant at a time or two at most, but one well trained plant could easily fill 32 X 32

Where did you get the seeds? Why do you think they are autos?? What’s your light schedule?

Stay on 18/6 for now, yeah last pic looks like start of flower. VG ran an auto that didn’t start to flower until day 56 I think it was... Yes you are right - that is a small tent for 3 plants. In the future I’d do one plant at a time or two at most, but one well trained plant could easily fill 32 X 32
I got the seeds online and it came with 2 free ones, which are the two that aren’t flowering yet. I know the one that is flowering is for sure an auto because that was the one I specifically bought, but the others came with it and I decided to plants them as well. This whole time I assumed they were autos, but it’s starting to look like they might be photos.

the light schedule is currently on 18/6 and I haven’t changed anything so far. The space is running out lol every day they seem to be growing exponentially XD I know now for the future that this setup is only ideal for about 1 plant I totally underestimated how big they get

Keep the lights at 18/6 if any are photoperiod just veg them in to monsters and flower when the autos are done
I agree with modest grower I would veg those puppies and transplant them into bigger pots when they are ready and once the autos are done flipnthe lights , but be warned you will have a big bush
Sounds good to me! I might end up with another tent by the end of this grow lol youre right. These are not bad problems to have though haha

I've recently grown a nl auto and a mazar auto and the mazar had buds before the nl showed hairs, I find autos to be finicky little buggers , so they might be autos but only time will tell its a win win for you either way...... I would also begin heavy lst on the ones that might not be autos , I wouldn't top just incase they are...... the plants look healthy so keep up the good work brother

I've recently grown a nl auto and a mazar auto and the mazar had buds before the nl showed hairs, I find autos to be finicky little buggers , so they might be autos but only time will tell its a win win for you either way...... I would also begin heavy lst on the ones that might not be autos , I wouldn't top just incase they are...... the plants look healthy so keep up the good work brother
Today I actually decided to LST the girls and the results are amazing! I didn't have them tied down at all before, just topped both of them once (one of them actually fimmed, and made 2 new tops after I cut it up too high). I ended up having to tie together the 2 new tops from that spot so they would grow stronger and allow the side growth to get the light as well.I have pictures of what I did to them below, these are gonna be some FAT bushes I need to probably take the auto out and run it in the closet under another light or something. Im gonna need all the room I can get!

IMG-0270.jpg
IMG-0265.jpg
IMG-0266.jpg
IMG-0268.jpg

Today I actually decided to LST the girls and the results are amazing! I didn't have them tied down at all before, just topped both of them once (one of them actually fimmed, and made 2 new tops after I cut it up too high). I ended up having to tie together the 2 new tops from that spot so they would grow stronger and allow the side growth to get the light as well.I have pictures of what I did to them below, these are gonna be some FAT bushes I need to probably take the auto out and run it in the closet under another light or something. Im gonna need all the room I can get!

IMG-0270.jpg
IMG-0265.jpg
IMG-0266.jpg
IMG-0268.jpg

Just pure awesomeness that's all I have to say to you brother

Hey Suavesspecialties,

Welcome to 420. Might be typo 50 vs 60,

60 inches is 5 feet and even that is cutting it pretty close, by the time you lose a foot or more for the height of the container plus leave 12 to 18 inches clear space below the light. I mean yeah it can be done but 4 foot 2 inches does not give much headroom at all and will require constant training.

You can veg a bunch of plants in there but a 2 X 4 footprint is good for flowering 1 or 2 plants depending on your grow style whether scrog, sea of green or topped & trained.

my advice would be go for taller but you may have other space constraints that I’m not privy to. Anyway try web search on those dimensions but it’s prolly going to pull every tent for sale on the planet regardless of the actual size….

best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom