Is my plant re-vegging?

GreenThumb81

420 Member
Hello all, I am new to the community and this is my first post so I hope I don't stuff it up to much :)

I am based in Queensland Australia, hot tropical climate where you can pretty much grow all year round.
I grow both outdoor and indoor however this is the first time I have put a plant from a short indoor veg period and then outside for an outdoor grow at the beginning of summer.

Delicious Candy

80% Indica 20% Sativa

Caramelo x cheese

This was a freebie from an order so I thought I would put it outside alongside a Barney's Pineapple chunk that was vegging with it for the same period of time.

Both plants were vegging outside at which time I done a little bit of experimental super cropping (my first time)
The Candy handled it a lot better than the pineapple chunk. About 2 weeks later the candy had healed and knuckled and was going fine when I noticed the first sign of buds forming.

At this stage I would say it had a total 6 weeks of Veg indoor and out combined.
It has been growing now for a further 3-4 weeks and there is no sign of the buds getting any denser and it is still stretching like a mofo.

I do understand It is the wrong season to be flowering plants outdoors but I wanted to experiment with the climate here and learn the best times to get multiple harvests.

I also understand the Heat can cause plants to have very thin stretchy airy buds. However by the way this plant is still stretching after almost 6 weeks Is it possible that is has began re-vegging for an Autumn harvest?

I Have been dosing it with some Canna Pk in an attempt to fatten the flowers up but to no evail.

Any info on whats going on and what to do would be great, wait it out for another flower cycle or just cut my losses and chop it?

Also the pineapple chunk has only displayed pistils but not gone into flower.

Ok some pics.
IMG_0242.png

IMG_0241.png

Short answer is yes in my opinion. That single bladed leaf thing happens when they get confused between flowering and vegging.
After 5am here - I'll get some sleep and re-read when I can see to read the details better

Thankyou, I am off to work now so I look forward to reading your post.
Also If I may ask some other questions, How much longer will it be vegging? until the days get shorter?
I have plenty of width left but not much height it is already a metre tall.
Can I tie down the main cola to gain some more room and encourage upward growth from other grow shoots?
Or do I just rip it out and start again, don't know what to do with it.

Thank you

Alright- so in Queensland you're getting 13+ hours of daylight and shrinking. Normally those are good conditions for cannabis to be flowering in and your Pineapple Chunk should start flowering soon.
I had a veg room full of plants got confused one time. It's the only time I've ever had veggung plants get confused by light cycle variations. Normally they're very resistant to that and will just keep vegging. This time there was about a three week period where I was working building things in the veg room and I just interrupted their hours constantly. The plant's apparently started flowering -then decided otherwise. They got stuck looking just like yours. I left them in the veg room under normal 18/6 conditions for a long time and they didn't seem to be improving. I'm sure they would have eventually. I forget how long they were like that because it was quite a few years ago, but I'm sure it was more than six weeks. At any rate it was long enough that newly sprouted plants grew big and the old ones got tossed to make space
My gut feeling is that your plant will sort itself out and start to flower eventually. But first (I think) it has to go through a reveg process and start growing normal leaves again. Or will it try to bud again in its current state?
I'd just leave it unless it's in the way or a drain on resources. It might straighten out in time.

I've revegged quite a lot of plants. Just not by accident. And not in quite the same circumstances you have there (veg-bloom-veg all in one go). It usually takes at least two weeks for a plant to go from flowering mode to starting to send up veg shoots again. But can take a month or more. Then it goes through a series of phases - one leaf , three leaf, then 5 leaves, etc. Till it's back to being 'regular plant again'

This is the right time of year...Your just about coming into flower mate.. been a weird season this one, some plants don't seem to know what they are doing but they'll work it out..

Oh yeah, looking at April may June harvest, depending on strain..

Thanks everyone I guess I will just focus on getting the Afghan Kush seedlings bulked up for the may/june harvest aswell.
Appreciate your help everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom