Is sugar in water good?

Processed sugar does not have the benefits you seek. I am not sure about the honey I will follow this and see how you do. I did a lot of reading before I decided what to use. There are a fair amount of folks that swear by molasses. I also read a lot about sugar cane natural. Molasses contains things that you don't need or want … like sodium. Sugar cane natural (sucanat) is sugar with the molasses not extracted from it. So if you use this type of sugar the ladies get a boost of energy from the sugar while you will later enjoy the benefit of the molasses for the taste it will add. I decided to use it f or two reasons, first it has no sodium or other “stuff” and second it is not messy like molasses and you still get the rich flavor.

ive used honey, sugar, molasses, agve nectar, grape juice, and vitamin water during flush time.
but use bud candy during flowering. all of the above is in it. bud candy has cranberry extract grape seed extract amino acids-L, molasses. every kind of sugar. dextros, maltose, sucrose, etc.

ive used honey, sugar, molasses, agve nectar, grape juice, and vitamin water during flush time.
but use bud candy during flowering. all of the above is in it. bud candy has cranberry extract grape seed extract amino acids-L, molasses. every kind of sugar. dextros, maltose, sucrose, etc.

I add sucanat to my end nutes not replace them with it.

I have been adding 1 tbs per gal of unsulphred Molasses in my hydro system for about a week. (3rd week of bloom using GH Flora series nutes) My plants are looking ok & I think there is a slight increase in bud size. But the PH has been climbing at a much higher rate than before. Last night lights out it was 5.9 at noon today it was up to a 7.4...oh crap!! I'm constantly adding PH down to try keeping it around a 5.8 Is this a normal result of the molasses? If my PH gets to high that will cause unneeded problems, so is this really worth it??

:yahoo::reading420magazine: I have never used Molasses in a Hydro System. I have used it in outdoor in the ground grows. Blackstrap Molasses is the correct variety. Refer to a previous post in re: Bud Candy.

By the way how do you know this/where did you get this information? I went to the store today to get a bag of dirt and picked up a container of bud candy to read the label ... no ingredients WTF?

lol I think he just meant its the best..ive also heard that bud candy makes your buds bigger and sweeter so tell me if its true.

By the way how do you know this/where did you get this information? I went to the store today to get a bag of dirt and picked up a container of bud candy to read the label ... no ingredients WTF?

You got Advanced Nutrients, Bud Candy?

:nomo: I'm familiar with the Advanced Nutrient line. Bud Candy is derived from Magnesium. As an additive it should be used in conjunction with the other Advanced products. If you plan on using a single additive you might try Ginormous. The Advanced Nutrient, Nutrient Calculator provides a "Recipe for Success" but when using Advanced (I myself am a beginner with advanced) I recommend using about 1/3 the recommended dosage in the calculator. I used them full strength on a UK Cheese and burned it up. :tokin:

I started feeding my plants a 3-part mix of unsulfured molasses, light corn syrup (corn syrup, vanilla, salt) and some 100% pure raw agave nectar just recently (about halfway thru my first crop in a perpetual harvest setup), I don't have side-by-side results of these strains with/without the sweeteners but I have to say the buds seem to be coming nice & thick so far, plus the trichomes are coming in THICK all over the place.

I use these right along with my normal feeding regimen, and in any plants that get water only (clones, early veg and final flush).

From what I've researched, sugars can be used throughout the full cycle (including during flush without any ill effects) and will supposedly help boost your plant's immune system, speed and size of growth, etc. PLUS the added bonus of fattening up the buds, increasing trichome/resin production and increasing the flavor and aroma. This is just based on what I've read, I don't have any finished meds from this crop yet but we'll see in about 3 weeks... :yummy:

- CP

What is your growing medium? I'm currently using DWC (------------) but am merging with some plants in soil and some in Pro-Mix. I use three (3) different nutrient lines, Technaflora, House and Garden & Advanced Nutrients. Advanced is my latest adventure. I screwed the first plant up. I think its because I used the Nutes full strength right off the bat ( I hope ) right now I'm trying to salvage that plant. I have 2 others, a Bubblegum and a Northern Lights one on Technaflora and one on House and Garden they are doing fine. they are about two weeks away from harvest.

I thought you had to use like a capfull of nutes for every gallon of water

Actually its usually measured by so many ml per litre of water, With the Advanced its usually about 14 ml A&B per litre of water with about 7 ml per litre of the various additives per litre of water. Check the Nutrient Calculator at Advanced Nutrients or at House and Garden. They spell it out.

You got Advanced Nutrients, Bud Candy?

I went to my local Urban Garden Center. I found Bud Candy in big jugs and smaller containers with the kid eating cotton candy on the front were easy to spot. I picked up the smaller container and to my surprise no ingredients and it told me to look it up on line. I took offense to that and almost did not look it up. I just looked and the list of ingredients is ... lengthy. It makes me want to dissect it.

I have 2 others, a Bubblegum and a Northern Lights one on Technaflora and one on House and Garden they are doing fine. they are about two weeks away from harvest.

Gahd I'd love to get my hands on a true Bubblegum, or even a Bubbleberry... though at the moment I have plenty of 'berry' strains, a true BG would be awesome. Anyway, good luck with those... :goodluck:

exile19

I don't doubt that Bud Candy does what it claims... but I wanted to see what is in it to find out if I want that stuff in my plants and me. So I see jack on the product, I go to their website and find

Derived from

Glucose, Xylose, Ribose, Maltose, Glactose, Magnesium Nitrate, Fulvic Acid, Proprietary Fractionated Resin and Essential Oil Enhancing Plant Extract

WTF “Proprietary Fractionated Resin” yeah ok. It goes with this “Essential Oil Enhancing Plant Extract”

But on a reseller site I find this

- OTHER INGREDIENTS: Ascorbic Acid, B-1 (Thiamine Hydrochloride), B-12 (Cobalamin), B-2 (Riboflavin), B-3 (Niacin), B-5 (Panthothenic Acid), B-6 (Pyridoxine), B-7 (Biotin), Citric Acid, Corn Syrup, Cranberry Extract, Grape extract, High-grade molasses, L-Alanine, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cysteine, L-Cystine, L-Glutamic acid, L-Glutamine, L-Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Trytophan, L-Tyrosine, L-Valine, Malt Extract, Niacin, Pyridoxine, Raw Cane Extract, Riboflavin, Sulphate of Potash, Thiamine, Volcanic Ash, Arabinose, Dextrose, Glucose, Maltose, Xylose

Hey look at that in there “Raw Cane Extract” and if these are “OTHER INGREDIENTS” what else is there?

Back
Top Bottom