Is this a good soil alternative for indoor? Coco peat 60% coir 40%, perlite 20%

Coco right?
Calmag in your feed water first every time.
Feed full strength nutrients every day to run off at 5.8 ph exactly.
No plain water.
Never let it dry. :Namaste: :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Ok thanks again yes my first time with Coco on main grow... Ph the the water, cal mag the water stir then an nuitrients is that the best procedure adding each one seperate and stir so they don't solidify , that sound right mate

Ok thanks again yes my first time with Coco on main grow... Ph the the water, cal mag the water stir then an nuitrients is that the best procedure adding each one seperate and stir so they don't solidify , that sound right mate
Calmag first.
Then nutrients in order according to your schedule.
Then set ph last Then feed to run off daily. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

you're in good hands. i send everyone who asks me about coco to this site to look at bill's journals.

Ok another 2 days and dry + time for another magic cocktail lol today I'll double the amount of water so about 800 ml approx each, strong mix of everything, I think there ok, see how this lot gos😜

IMG_20240416_022558.jpg

Today looking ok maybe even slightly more chunky, anyways allgood for now see how they deal with yesterdays extra water, over the next couple days will be interesting to see how we go, hopefully just keeps on rolling along

IMG_20240416_224850.jpg

a pic under normal light might be an idea. they look great but it's hard to tell if anything may be off.

So this is my crappy light test but certainly looks less light in the element... 7 days this on super lume, the bulb probably half used before I started the grow. It seems every time I use this setting it works brilliant then fades after a week or 2, having said that the bulbs still work but they seem to loose their power, I assume the super lume setting burnes them out prematurely, I'll just buy a new one next grow and keep it on 400w and track it's hours. The last 3 have been kinda half used so I don't really know but I'm not sacrificing a new bulb untill it's at least got 1500 hours on it, then I'll wind it up before throwing it away.

IMG_20240411_003849.jpg

IMG_20240416_224855.jpg

So this is my crappy light test but certainly looks less light in the element... 7 days this on super lume, the bulb probably half used before I started the grow. It seems every time I use this setting it works brilliant then fades after a week or 2, having said that the bulbs still work but they seem to loose their power, I assume the super lume setting burnes them out prematurely, I'll just buy a new one next grow and keep it on 400w and track it's hours. The last 3 have been kinda half used so I don't really know but I'm not sacrificing a new bulb untill it's at least got 1500 hours on it, then I'll wind it up before throwing it away.

IMG_20240411_003849.jpg

IMG_20240416_224855.jpg
Few weeks I'll switch it to a UV CMH

I'm in Northern Ontario.
It's cold and wet most of the time.
The greenhouse keeps the rain out and slows the bugs a little. Just slows them.
But it gives me better environmental controls.
Rh and temp.
I also have the option to use lights in there.
It just makes growing outside a little more bearable.
I bought a garage from Costco and use it in the summer as a greenhouse and winter as a garage.
Helpful. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Cute Pup!!!

I think look ok not great but ok

IMG_20240418_223516.jpg
Color is ok but leaves have a slight curl. :Namaste:
How is your temp and rh?
How often are you feeding?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Color is ok but leaves have a slight curl. :Namaste:
How is your temp and rh?
How often are you feeding?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Temp is down from 2 weeks ago 27 to 22 Celcius so thats great as the temperature dropped thankfully, we had a late dose of heat. The pH is terrible 8.5. I have been letting them dry out totally between waters for that last 2 weeks approx since I noticed the cupping and browning of the typical root rot look, I have pulled a lot of crappy leaves off, but not for a few days. I feel it's not gotten worse in that past week but seem to have chucked up slightly. I watered today after the probe said dry plus and pot were light. I watered again now the 3rd dose of this concoction
Rock bloom
Rock supercharge
Rock resonator
Seasol
Prahran beneficial bacteria
Mammoth microbial
Dr repair by Cyco
Ph down to 3 to try compensate, turned out after watering to read 5.6 pH in the wet area that potting mix has a natural high of 8.5.
This is the 3rd lot of that over the past week and a half and I think where moving forward now in week 6 of bloom

O and humidity was high when off through the day once fans came on at 7 pm it flushed out, same every day, there is a small dehumidifier but it's off, I can reset it now summer is gone to be more active, I've been a bit snowed under as wife crook, but trying to keep this running best as possible

I have the climate control system on a timer so it off and not running in the day after the light go off it runs for 30 min then shuts down untill 7 pm, mainly because of daytime heat, has to shut off of just suck hot air all day, stays cooler once shit off if it gets really hot, most of the heat is after lunch, yeh hot mornings but afternoon it's really set in until night, as we on coast we get cool Southey most nights but occasionally we get hot nights right through and can be 28-30 degrees or so on a bad night. This isa fairly cool part of the country but thankfully it doesn't get any hotter at night, day can get to 35-40 but not to often most summer days around 28-33 but usually not to the highest end we life on the coast and have mountains range all the way up the entire eastern coast there not very high but play a role in cooling, on the western side it just horrible right across the whole country

Temp is down from 2 weeks ago 27 to 22 Celcius so thats great as the temperature dropped thankfully, we had a late dose of heat. The pH is terrible 8.5. I have been letting them dry out totally between waters for that last 2 weeks approx since I noticed the cupping and browning of the typical root rot look, I have pulled a lot of crappy leaves off, but not for a few days. I feel it's not gotten worse in that past week but seem to have chucked up slightly. I watered today after the probe said dry plus and pot were light. I watered again now the 3rd dose of this concoction
Rock bloom
Rock supercharge
Rock resonator
Seasol
Prahran beneficial bacteria
Mammoth microbial
Dr repair by Cyco
Ph down to 3 to try compensate, turned out after watering to read 5.6 pH in the wet area that potting mix has a natural high of 8.5.
This is the 3rd lot of that over the past week and a half and I think where moving forward now in week 6 of bloom
Coco requires full strength nutrients every day at 5.8 ph.
Put calmag in the water first.
Then nutrients in order by the schedule.
Then last set your ph to 5.8.
Feed to run off every day.
Never let Coco dry out and never give plain water.
These are simple parameters for a coco grow :Namaste: :Namaste: :Namaste:
Do this and they will improve in size, shape & color.
Edit: aim for temp in 20's c and rh in the 55% range, if possible.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Coco requires full strength nutrients every day at 5.8 ph.
Put calmag in the water first.
Then nutrients in order by the schedule.
Then last set your ph to 5.8.
Feed to run off every day.
Never let Coco dry out and never give plain water.
These are simple parameters for a coco grow :Namaste: :Namaste: :Namaste:
Do this and they will improve in size, shape & color.
Edit: aim for temp in 20's c and rh in the 55% range, if possible.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks mate brilliant that on my next grow the clones are already ready to go but I'm just try to finish this gro that's in that horrible moldy potting mix, this had made them sick, I shouldn't have used it but I changed from growing in water to just wacking then in dirt lol this is the result and a few weeks ago it was really hot still, so soil temperature was 27c, it's since drop heaps and perfect timing as I stopped water soon as I noticed the tell tail sighting root rot, sinse then I've just dryed out and started with splash watering, now a week and a half I've double up it seems there ok, do you think this was the right approach, I
Didn't want to loose it lol. So once this is finished I'll grab this clones in the small tent and do a full coco grow this will be my first real go at that, right now I'm trying it on the clones, I'll replant them tomorrow, I've been keeping them wet and only just got the call mag and Coco nutes

Back
Top Bottom