Is this light/heat stress?

Doctor Trevor

The leaves on one of my Blue Dream plants (Cagney) is drooping, with the sides of her leaves pointing upward.

The temperature in the tent is between 72 and 75F. Humidity is in the upper forties. She was watered two days ago.

297213402_834785610762872_7072774909826695235_n.jpg
297843844_727896638305645_3683777629670518236_n.jpg
The grow light is about about eleven inches over her (and her sisters)

over watered/root rot most likely. is my guess
I doubt it's overwatered. I'm pretty careful about that. And the pot was pretty light when I picked it up this morning.

If it is root rot, how do I treat it?

When a plant like cannabis receives too much light at any stage, they often show symptoms of distress. Since LEDs do not give off much heat, the main issue that needs to be closely monitored is any indication of “light burn”. Other side-effects related to grow lights that have been placed too closely to the plant canopy could be discoloration or stunted/irregular growth. Both of which must be identified quickly and the grow light height adjusted accordingly.

Signs of light burn in cannabis plants include upward-pointing leaves and what is known as “bleaching”. Bleaching is the white or yellow discoloration on the leaves closest to the light. Light burn can also be identified when the plant veins stain green as the rest of the leaves turn yellow.

not light burn.

Its effecting the entire plant, its a root problem, wheather PH wrong, or over saturated. COULD be a zinc problem because of PH, but if other plants are fine, and watering the same PHd water, its 99% root rot.

Need a bigger pic, like the entire garden. Definitely lacks calmag, zinc,

I doubt it's overwatered. I'm pretty careful about that. And the pot was pretty light when I picked it up this morning.

If it is root rot, how do I treat it?
honestly, nothing. The time it would take to recover, you could grow another healthier plant. Then you need something to help microbs eat the rot, its just a big mess.

i found your journal.

#1, your over feeding, Your can go almost the entire grow giving then NOTHING but calmag in FFOF.
#2, you dont water to run off with soil, of course, your over feeding, so you probably have lockout due to salt build up with all the stuff your using.
#3. Your plants have been struggling since day 1, so go back to over watering.

FFOF has enought nutes to feed a plant for 2 weeks PER Solo cup of soil. a solo cup (16oz) is .5 quarts. a 5 gallon container holds 14 quarts. That means, it would take 28 solo cups to fill your container. 28 x 2 is 56 weeks worth of nutes.

You see what im getting to?

You should never have to feed nutes, EVER, especially for those small plants.

i found your journal.

#1, your over feeding, Your can go almost the entire grow giving then NOTHING but calmag in FFOF.
#2, you dont water to run off with soil, of course, your over feeding, so you probably have lockout due to salt build up with all the stuff your using.
#3. Your plants have been struggling since day 1, so go back to over watering.

FFOF has enought nutes to feed a plant for 2 weeks PER Solo cup of soil. a solo cup (16oz) is .5 quarts. a 5 gallon container holds 14 quarts. That means, it would take 28 solo cups to fill your container. 28 x 2 is 56 weeks worth of nutes.

You see what im getting to?

You should never have to feed nutes, EVER, especially for those small plants.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way, the nutes are removed by watering and the plant, so whether it's a cup or a gallon, it's two weeks or slightly longer, no way it's over a years worth of nutes. I've run FFOF for many years, after a month, all the added nutes are gone! You absolutely can feed seedlings after they get a set or two of true leaves, most nute lines have instructions for feeding seedlings. Those are not small plants pictured. I'm leaning towards a combo of a little too much water and light burn, 11 inches off the tops of the plants is pretty close for the light, I'd go more towards the 18-24 inch range. Could it be lockout? Possibly, but it's not showing a lot of deficiency symptoms other than the very light color. Wrong PH of the watering nutes is also a possibility. What are you growing in, what nutes are you using (synthetic or organic) and are you PHing the water after Calmag and nutes? Looks bleached out, slightly overwatered, and N poor.

Hey man, Im not here to bicker, i could care less. I still say root rot, and not light burn, or heat burn. Hell, he is PHing water to 6.2 in a media that is supposed to be 6.8, and he has grown giant monster plants, so We do know he is doing it right, maybe its genetics? * shruggs, maybe not.

I think it's easier to raise a light for a few days or week to see if the plant bounces back. Over trashing a root rot issue.

Many have grown plants in further realms of ph.

My well water comes in at 8.5

That's what my plants drink.
Very true i used to always grow amnesia haze not once did i ph water in coco and fed them every 3 days believe me it worked perfect ive had 8 ft tall plants in a tent had to keep bending them down always got at least 10oz a plant then i started growing other strains and ran into problems thats when i joined this website and got plenty of usefull information.

he is PHing water to 6.2 in a media that is supposed to be 6.8,
I think you are maybe not quite understanding pH in this context...... It (water) *should* go in around 6.2 or 6.3 in a media that is 6.8. That difference is what allows the pH to drift back up thru all those values in between, allowing the plant to get what it needs as it goes.
I'm not saying it is the only way, but in soil, it is probably the best.

I love a heated discussion!

Temperature at the top of the tallest plant is 74 degrees F.
The light is a Mars Hydro TS 3000.
I raised the light so it is about 18 inches from the girls.
I fed the girls earlier; on Tuesday, I'll flush the soil.

Thanks, everyone, for your help.

a1-081322.jpg
a2-081322.jpg
a3-081322.jpg

Back
Top Bottom