Issue during my grow

The are in 2.5 gallons mate but will leaving them for that long kill them? I've been told salt will build up in the soil and kill the plant if left that's why you need to feed them every day or every other

The are in 2.5 gallons mate but will leaving them for that long kill them? I've been told salt will build up in the soil and kill the plant if left that's why you need to feed them every day or every other

With 2.5 gal, they should go even longer and I'd be using about 2 to 2.5 quarts each time. However, I'm out of my element in that I don't use coco. If you were in peat, I'd feel confident in what I'm telling you.
Salt doesn't build up when plants are left to dry out, or when you only give water (assuming your water is OK).
Salt comes from feeding bottle nutrients. Most of the stuff in water soluble fertilizer comes from salts of one type or another.
Again, take my advice for what it is - recommendations from a guy who grows in peat-based soilless mixes and my own soilless concoctions. Maybe coco is full of salt and needs to be rinsed constantly (?). I don't want you to kill them, but I've never heard of needing to feed so often. High PPM feeding every other day probably WILL cause salt build up that needs to be flushed.

Well tbh mate I'm surprised that the thread has had over 300 views yet you are the only experienced grower to comment, but that I'm very grateful for I've learnt a lot from what you have been saying as most of it is being repeated in most of the info online I'm finding. I've got two separate spaces each with 5 plants in so I've decided I'm going to flush out the tent, and my cupboard grow which has had exactly the same problem I will "sacrifice" and will test each plant in a different way I've been non stop reading over the past few days its just a shame I can't do more for than but it is simply a waiting game, by the end I hope to have learnt a lot from this experimentation lol thanks major

I just read through that and by saying that everything you say is what I'm finding on the net wasn't meant to offensive, I just mean it is strengthening what I think I should be doing lol cheers bud

No worries!
I'm really surprised someone else hasn't jumped it too. I didn't mean to be the only set of eyes trying to help you sort it out. There are lots of really great growers here and I'm sure some of them grow in coco.
I look forward to seeing how it goes for ya.

I know it seems I make boring threads maybe! Lol I'm just going to have to carry on and use my initiative in stead of taking others bad advice (not yours) lol but it seems the person I'm calling for help is not actually helping and these plants would of done better if I'd have stuck to being more cautious about them. I knew they were too early to flower but I was being cautious about it and they really were coming on well until about 2 weeks ago time will tell and its all a learning curve, il be concluding this thread in about a week or so wether it be a good or bad result, thanks for all the advice mate

Oh also would like to know, is it an issue that I am turning extraction off when lights go off? I extract for around 20 mins after lights out to remove all the heat as I've read it is good for the plant to be nice and cool in the dark. Also is there anyway to turn my extraction fan down a little? There are no switches on it

Well good news today although all the little plants are looking the same they seem to be gaining a little more moisture in. The leaves is that something that will happen or is it just me? Also I'm certain then heat stress has gone now and the bigger plants have had a little amouamount of growth overnight so that is a big positive been as they have not grown at all for a week or even more

Oh also would like to know, is it an issue that I am turning extraction off when lights go off? I extract for around 20 mins after lights out to remove all the heat as I've read it is good for the plant to be nice and cool in the dark. Also is there anyway to turn my extraction fan down a little? There are no switches on it

If you can, I'd leave the extraction on 24/7. Plants like fresh air even while asleep.
You can get fan speed controls pretty cheap. I run mine at about 75% of max. Here are a couple of examples in the $15-$20. I think I paid $12 for mine. (click for larger view)

Well I am nearly at the point for a fresh feeding of these babies, any last minute advice? I plan to feed them tomorrow on a low ish ppm (750), with 6.0 pH tmoz, 2 litres into a 2.5 gal sack, slowly fed until saturated. Should I or should I flush? These are already turning amber slightly so I don't want to waste a week flushing them. I'm not being greedy in my decision I think it will be the right thing to do, the thing is what is your opinion?

Unless they look different, I don't see any need to feed them. Water, yes. The previous pictures all looked like they had all the nute's they could take.

Hard to tell from that picture. It looks like there is a little claw toward the top of the plant. I'd say water only was fine this time.

Sorry about quality its happens to both my bigger plants, See those 2 yellowing leaves at the bottom? Its OK as 4 litres of water wasnt enough to keep these guys dry for more than 2 days, soil has dried up and I'll be feeding around 800ppm in coco, what you think mate? Managed to catch this problem early on I think.

My smaller ones have had a bit of growth but as they were flowerd from basically just taking root (cuttings) they basically look like nice size tops, now wondering if I should grow about 16 of thesein the space I have instead of going for the 5 actual biplantsts.

Are these growing in straight coco fiber?

I'd like to try and help but since I have never used coco, I really don't feel confident in telling you what they need.
I don't get too worried about a lower yellow leaf or two. You have time to correct an 'N' deficiency. It is probably the easiest problem to fix.

Coco strip's Mg/Ca from plant. I'd look at a coco Mg/Ca product.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Back
Top Bottom