Jandre2k3's Darly Project

The babies look great ... they are showing the :green_heart:

just a thought subbed in late and sorry for your loss but
ever thought about adding some of his ashes to the mix somewhere so when you share it with the family youll really be sharing a part of him?
just a thought maybe a morbid one?
i just figured when i read about the humor thing it be a kick
its like the old saying when i die just roll me up and smoke me.....................................
It's funny you should mention that. Go back to the first couple pages and you'll see a discussion on just that, lol

The babies look great ... they are showing the :green_heart:
Thank you very much, 00!

I have a question, does it ever effect the plants in the root zone that there grown so close together?
A very good question! Actually, under normal circumstances, they would not stay in such close confines, and I would be moving them to Veg2 about now. However, since I have so many to work with in a single project, I'm counting on the root ball competition to keep them small and sort-of "bonsai" them. This way I can keep them all in one place, and take cuttings as I need them for flowering and mixing. I may end up moving these into two bins, depending on growth patterns, but I'm actually wanting them to intermingle, in the root zone and stay a little smaller than normal, as these will not see the flower cycle for about a year- their cuttings will, but not them.

hmm i skimmed the first couple of pages but i didnt see it
maybe time for glasses
lol

A very good question! Actually, under normal circumstances, they would not stay in such close confines, and I would be moving them to Veg2 about now. However, since I have so many to work with in a single project, I'm counting on the root ball competition to keep them small and sort-of "bonsai" them. This way I can keep them all in one place, and take cuttings as I need them for flowering and mixing. I may end up moving these into two bins, depending on growth patterns, but I'm actually wanting them to intermingle, in the root zone and stay a little smaller than normal, as these will not see the flower cycle for about a year- their cuttings will, but not them.

Great plan. I just took some more cuttings and threw them in stasis. I plan on keeping some mother plants around. Once I finish my crossing strains. Cant wait to see what yours turn out like during flower.!

So right now you dont know whats male or fem?

Great plan. I just took some more cuttings and threw them in stasis. I plan on keeping some mother plants around. Once I finish my crossing strains. Cant wait to see what yours turn out like during flower.!

So right now you dont know whats male or fem?

nope... Complete mystery. Male, female, strain, nothing is known. I'm really having fun! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks! Lol. Yeah think I misread but its set in stone so ill stick with my guesses lol. They're looking great man keep it coming

nope... Complete mystery. Male, female, strain, nothing is known. I'm really having fun! :cheesygrinsmiley:

This will be very interesting. Thats a double Unknown. Dont know whats male or female and how they will turn out genetically :popcorn:

Another question, the ones that turn male how would you know which ones to keep or throw away? What if you throw away a super strain/genetics?

This will be very interesting. Thats a double Unknown. Dont know whats male or female and how they will turn out genetically :popcorn:

Another question, the ones that turn male how would you know which ones to keep or throw away? What if you throw away a super strain/genetics?

I'll be taking clones from all of these once they are big enough, and placing them in flower from rooting to sex. Once sex is known, I will probably separate the boys from the girls, as well as append a suffix to their designations (I.E. D08-f, D15-m. . . ) for ease in identification. Naturally I will have to keep all the males until the F1 is grown, analyzed, and tested, then I can begin to weed out (hehe) the sub-standard lineages until I get a good blending of mothers and fathers from which to form a good P1 base, then start crossing and further culling, until I find the best of the F1 crosses, and trace that back to the P1's so I can establish the F0 from which to launch the stabilization.

Of course, I will be running all P1's to at least F3 so I can see all their variations, looking for the diamond, but I will be needing something for this summer's family outing. I will need to bring SOMETHING to show for all these months spent alone with these plants and strains... And that, after all, is the main point of this entire project. Keeping him alive in our hearts through is beans left behind.

A funny thought just hit me... These were given to me and not the other grower in the family... Pride says it is because of my logic skills and records keeping abilities. Logic says that it's because I'm and indoor grower and can therefore run at least 3 new generations in the first year. The adopted son says it's because I've been part of this family far longer than the other outdoor grower...

Still I can't shake the feeling, that I'm somehow not worthy to do this. I dunno... It's a feeling that he's watching over all this and scrutinizing everything I'm doing, and will not remove his perceived presence until I hit that singular exquisite anomaly among the others, that seems like it should never have happened, but, here it is... The smoke of the GAWDS! Only then will he let me feel comfortable in what I'm attempting to do.

A funny thought just hit me... These were given to me and not the other grower in the family... Pride says it is because of my logic skills and records keeping abilities. Logic says that it's because I'm and indoor grower and can therefore run at least 3 new generations in the first year. The adopted son says it's because I've been part of this family far longer than the other outdoor grower...

Still I can't shake the feeling, that I'm somehow not worthy to do this. I dunno... It's a feeling that he's watching over all this and scrutinizing everything I'm doing, and will not remove his perceived presence until I hit that singular exquisite anomaly among the others, that seems like it should never have happened, but, here it is... The smoke of the GAWDS! Only then will he let me feel comfortable in what I'm attempting to do.

I told you he was watching. I am glad you can feel him.

Why not give some clones to the other grower and make them part of this important process even if it is only redundency...?

I told you he was watching. I am glad you can feel him.

Why not give some clones to the other grower and make them part of this important process even if it is only redundency...?

I don't think he even knows that I was given these beans... it was decided among the 4 sisters, and I was taken aside and told about it away from the group, almost as if in confidence. I fear that if I brought him into it, that it might start some feud somewhere.

just do with the seeds what he would have wanted you to do with it
obviously they all trust you with it and im sure they have confidence in you and your abilities
and if he actually instructed them to give it to you and only you then he had a reason and trust in you to do with it what he would have wanted.
nuff said

Go reread your post before that one. You're on top of it Jandre. You shouldn't have any reservations at all about being entrusted with these genetics. It's apparent that you understand breeding and have the knowledge, resources, and most important, the motivation to carry out this project.

I'm pretty excited that I get to follow along with you. I have aspirations of doing some breeding in the future, so I suspect I will learn a lot watching you conduct this project. Thanks for making this journal for all of us to benefit from. +repped the post above this. I'm sure he is looking down and smiling approvingly at all you're doing. :Namaste:

Hey, guys & gals. Thank you very much for the words of encouragement. It really helped bolster my confidence for this project.

00: Thank you! I know he is still around here somewhere. He is too damn stubborn to just leave. Hell, he hung on strong for almost a decade, baffling his doctors that had no idea why he was still alive, and even TOLD HIM SO!

Cronichemphog: Nuff said...

WizHigh: Hey! Thanks for the rep! I believe that planning ahead, and preparing for what may come in a grow is paramount, with proper records a very close second.

Hiker: Howdy! Welcome to the thread! and thank you for the rep! heheh, I realize now that it looked kinda silly after typing out the plan right before that :rofl: There is just this nagging feeling that something will go horribly wrong, and I'll end up destroying it all... That would be a huge loss to me. I guess that's what will keep me on my toes, ready to roll with any punches that get past my guard. Thank you very much for your encouragement- I really needed it.

I'm glad you decided to subscribe! This is really fun, exciting and scary all wrapped into one. I'm happy you're going to be here to see it all flourish, or blow up in my face, either way. :rofl: I'm sure The Mother has some surprises in store for me in this one, and I'm really excited to see what those are.

Back
Top Bottom