Jandre2k3's Darly Project

Eight years ago, about a year after I came to California, I met a girl. That girl became the love of my life. She introduced me to the male figure that she was extremely close to. The patriarch of a very loving family, and father of four. He was very funny, and highly abrasive. You never doubted where you stood with this man, and I quickly grew close to him as well. He never tried to change the actions of others, but let you know in an instant if he disagreed with them, and then it was over, never to be heard about again. He loved his family more than I've ever seen, and they loved him back just as much. I guess you could say that about me and my beloved as well. For me, it was as much as a person can about a man that's not family, but was accepted into the family extension with open arms.

Well, my little extended family out here in California has suffered a great loss and life out here was rough for a while. I never knew how much a man's death could affect me until I was faced with his passing. I mean, yeah, we all knew it would happen eventually, hell even his doctor told him that he had no idea why he was still alive and kicking as hard as he did. He suffered a few heart attacks, had diabetes, and various other maladies. All while smoking cigarettes, drinking, and puffin the smoke- a LOT of smoke... That's what we think kept him so clear, and mobile for so long. He never... and I mean NEVER stopped moving unless he was asleep, which wasn't much.

All we know for sure is that he passed in the night, quietly, and they found him the next morning... with a fuckin' grin on his face. In a last bit of humor, his death certificate was filled out with is name misspelled: LOL! It figures, right? even in death he made us laugh one last time.

After the dust settled, it was decided that I should receive his seeds. *ME*?!? Seriously?!? Sheesh! So I accepted them along with some of his ashes to take home. I've been sitting on them for a couple of weeks, now, (the seeds, not the ashes) trying to get up the courage to do them justice.

Well, I finally went and did it. This morning ends the "wintering" and they are now sitting in a dome in a warm place on some wet paper towels. We shall see how well they do in the coming days, and I will record it all here.

I have taken up the task, at the urging of my beloved, and one of his daughters, of growing them. I have decided to also make a cross of these seeds, and stabilizing it. This summer, during the family camping get-together, I will unveil it to the rest of the family, and we will smoke to his life, his deeds, his memory, and his passing.

You are getting a sneak peek, here. What they don't know, is that I will name it after him as well, if it stabilizes well: "Darly". They'll get a kick out of the misspelling!

I will be giving out the seeds to everyone in the family, once it is finished in a few years, and I'm hoping we will plant them on the family property, to grow wild, and live free, just as he did. Of course, I will keep a good supply here to grow out for each get together, so he can always be with us while camping together each year.

It's the best way I know to keep his memory alive in myself, and continue to share his joy that he always spread around so freely to those he loved. The art from his hands, and turtles may have stopped appearing in random places- His whistling random tunes, and lilting humming, won't be heard anymore- We will never laugh with his insane jokes, or random observances about how "...the world is going to shit," but his soul healing legacy will live on through his seeds left behind. My greatest hope is that each year, he continues to touch each of us, if not physically, then spiritually, through those seeds left among is things.

Gawds, I hope I get this right.

There were 28 unknown seeds. All of varying size, and color/markings. I'm guessing these were random seeds from his growing, and will need grading, and blending to get a perfect strain. I'm working with the completely unknown, here.

These were 36 hours "Wintered" and are out for 8 hours in the warmth. Shown below, sorted by size.

(Click for Original)

Subbed for this. Awesome story. I'd throw a layer of wet paper towel over the top of em as well. Help.create a humid environment and keep.the taps from drying out when they emerge

Subbed for this. Awesome story. I'd throw a layer of wet paper towel over the top of em as well. Help.create a humid environment and keep.the taps from drying out when they emerge

HEY! Welcome to the thread! Thanks for subbing!

I've started MANY seeds in this... There's a dome over the top :cheesygrinsmiley: Good lookin' out, though

Touche'
Sorry to treat ya like a noob. Didn't even Boyer to look at post count or other obvious signs that u knew ur shit Haha. Hope this project turns out great.
I am sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and yours. :Namaste:

Touche'
Sorry to treat ya like a noob. Didn't even Boyer to look at post count or other obvious signs that u knew ur shit Haha. Hope this project turns out great.
I am sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and yours. :Namaste:

:rofl: That's okay... I write like I'm still 25, so I get that a lot.

And thank you, very much.

Subbed and sorry for your loss my friend.

Welcome! This should be pretty good... Especially since I'm losing everything else to mites... these will stay in quarantine until everything else is gone, so we should be safe. Hey, plus... With taxes coming, I may have an actual GROW TENT!! Wow, right?

:rofl: That's okay... I write like I'm still 25, so I get that a lot.

And thank you, very much.

Hey bub, some of us are 25! ;)

Awesome tribute, excellent story. I know you will create something to be proud of... Definitely following you on this ride, boss!

Hey bub, some of us are 25! ;)

Awesome tribute, excellent story. I know you will create something to be proud of... Definitely following you on this ride, boss!
OOps! I really feel like I'm 25, and it shows in my writing, but when I look in the mirror?? not so much...

Bless you Brother! What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man. Here! Here! Smiles all around, like he would like.:Namaste:
OMM, you always get me smiling. Thank you for that.

Thank you both for coming! This should be interesting, to say the least. I'm hoping that I get some really dense indica out of this, and a nice heady sativa. If that happens, I'll actually keep the two original strains as a separate, just to have the pure smoke. What I'm wanting to do is created the perfect balance of cerebral effect with a really heavy body loll to make you slow down, and think about what really matters. Something introspective, and creative, tempered with a good heavy indica so it's not as racy as a sativa can be; Something to put you at ease, and get you creating something beautiful, without putting you to bed.

I've started MANY seeds in this... There's a dome over the top :cheesygrinsmiley:

sorry for the loss of your pal j, good luck with the grow.

so you don't cover the seeds with anything except a clear lid? you get to see real time progress of germination?

sorry for the loss of your pal j, good luck with the grow.

so you don't cover the seeds with anything except a clear lid? you get to see real time progress of germination?

I cover the dome with a dark towel to block light, and check it every 8 hours.... then after the first 24 hours, I check it quite frequently... I like to watch as the seed coats crack, and the tap emerges. I get them right as it clears the main body of the seed. This keeps me from handling a longer tap root, and damaging it. Next, I plant them tap-down in rockwool starter cube, and close the hole over it so the growing tap doesn't shove the seed upward and to block light from "greening" the root... Then I place that under a propagating dome under 24 hours lighting.

There it stays until I see the first true pair of leaves, not the cotyledons, but the first actual photosynthesizing leaves. Then they come out of that tray, and placed in the next for observation, and hardening off. They stay there until I see roots under the rockwool, and curling around the little cubicle in which it sits.

Really sorry for your loss, Jandre. Touching tribute to someone who seemed like a genuine character - something we need more of in this world! Good luck with the seeds and your long term plan. I'm sure they're in good hands.

:goodluck:

Well this is awesome. All the power to you to do him justice. You do know he is watching right?

Rock On "Darly" :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom