Jay's - Soil - 300W LED - NL x BB & Med Gom 1.0 Auto - Grow

re: Jay's - Soil - 300W LED - NL x BB & Med Gom 1.0 Auto - Grow

The three gallon appears to be drier, but I'd hold off as long as you can,, watch for drooping fans. The solo cup one,, looks wet from here,, I'd wait until you can see an eighth of an inch or so between the cup and soil...

Just my two cents.. You know best,, the weight or how much they weigh is a good indicator. Don't want to totally dry them out while they are young,, but you want the roots to work and explore your soil for water..looks good!!

Ok today's update. Kinda boring right now. Day 17 for the NL and the Med Gom, day 9 for the fast and vast. Everything else is stable.

First up is the Northern Lights day 17.
image27714.jpg

Followed by the Med Gom 1.0:
image27713.jpg

And finally the Fast and Vast auto, can't tell if it's lagging, gonna have to look at day 9 on the Med Gom to compare. Let me know if it's looking bad to you.
image27715.jpg

Ok we are on days 21 and 13 for the NL x BB/Med Gom 1.0 and Fast and Vast auto respectively.

I transplanted the NL today since its bottom leaves were yellowing and it was thirsty every day. I'm wondering if I should start nutes on it soon but I want to see if more soil will give it what it needs. It's the stinkiest plant at this point. Has been from the start. Here is what it looks like now in its final home.
image27905.jpg

The Med Gom has started flowering. I counted a couple sets of pistils so far. It's right on schedule, I'm really happy with that seed purchase, this plant is bulletproof. I think it might not even need me lol. Here she is. No pistil shots, she needs privacy.
image27906.jpg

The fast and vast auto is now rolling along well, it's been shying away from the light though which is interesting. Hopefully it starts to like the light soon because it's only getting stronger in bloom mode.
image27907.jpg

If anyone can give me some tips on what to do next with these autos I would appreciate it. I know any stress is bad for them and I'd like to stay ahead of it.

I feel ya i have had 1 comment on my thread. Tho mine arent in flower yet

Should I give the Northern Lights some nutes next watering or will the fresh soil sustain it?

Sorry buddy it's been a busy week. I wouldn't give them and nutes yet. The new growth looks healthy and green. That's just my two cents.

One thing you folks have to realize is it takes time to get people subbed up. But, they come around. Plus it's summer time everyone is much more active online then winter.

Most folks have grows that have been going a while, they're busy I guess....

And, I think the person you're referring to left on his own accord. At least that was my understanding. But, you know there's always three sides to every story...

Don't worry man I'm not being impatient with you or anyone else. My grow is rolling along fine, it just seems like a ghost town around here besides the big names threads. I'm doing this journal to fill the void for the Med Gom strain and Fast and Vast so that the next time someone like me wants to know about the strains it will be here. If no one is interested it's cool, it's just nice when others like you come around to share the knowledge since I don't know shit.

We're on days 24 and 16 now for the NL/Med Gom and FAV auto respectively. All seems well.

I got a moisture meter and it has changed my life. The whole stick your finger in the dirt an inch deep trick is a myth and the reason I've over watered my plants consistently in the past and probably why I had bugs too. The moisture meter shows that the soil stays moist much longer at lower levels.

My plants look like the happiest that I've ever had because of me not drowning them any more. If you are a new grower I recommend getting a cheap $8 moisture meter. It has a light meter on it that has helped me position my plants for the best light too so it's worth the $8.

On to the pictures. First up is the Med Gom auto on day 24. It's starting to bud up, will be interesting to see how large she ends up. Right now she's about 6" tall maybe. Supposed to yield 25-50 grams so they have no idea clearly. We'll see.
image28046.jpg

Now the Northern Lights x Big Bud on day 24. Happy as can be in its new pot and it hasn't been murdered by drowning so it's good. It's stinky.
image28045.jpg

And now the Fast and Vast auto on day whatever I said above. Unremarkable so far. Probably growing a big root system since it's an auto.
image28047.jpg

If you see anything that I don't please let me know. I'm learning and will take any advice people give. I'll really need everyone when flower comes since that's where the wheels come off for me typically.

I've used the moisture meter myself,, good thing. What I like is you can rest assured a bit, especially early on when you think,,, it needs water. Good little cheat/investment. ;)

On autos, I like to take the first node.. Both branches. Then I top after the fifth node giving me eight branches/four nodes total. YMMV

Do you top photo plants any differently? The plant in question is the NL photoperiod plant.

Little slow last night. With a photo I mix it up. I used to top early, then use wire and other things to restrain/train to get a flat canopy shape. I'm really not into growing trees.

Lately, my thing is to let them grow a bit, select a few keepers, trim those up, always removing 30% of lower growth. Every week or so I go in and do that in veg. Keep in mind I have a few plants growing...

Anyway, the branches I select I super crop. When I get about 8 nodes or sixteen branches I top. I'm shooting for eight branches inside with my LED's,, per plant.

The ones in my greenhouse I'll let get a little bigger,, maybe ten to twelve total branches per.

Just remember to always remove the lower/sucker bud sites... :thumb:

Now with the whole topping with auto's I was always told not to because a auto is on a time schedule its going to be done in a certain amount of time and if you top it I was told it could cut your yeild way down cause plants need time to heal and recoop after being topped and autos your on such a limited time schedule. A photo period canna plant I can top it will just have a extra week or two of veg to make up for it but autos its going to flower at a certain time no matter what you do and if you top it will slow your growth alot.

You saw my journal I didnt top hell I was told not to even defoliate this time for that same reason.
Honestly though I saw pistils on my heavy weight at the first true node.
Mine is also only at a little over a month its already starting to flower already.
If I had topped it it would probably only be about half the size it is now.
Hope this helps man and I know what your saying a few posts ago about this place being a ghost town.
Your like the second or third person whos posted on my journal.
Also for the same reason as you thats why I am trying to do a journal so maybe the next guy can get a little info or help.
So yeah I am subbed man and if you ever need help let me know I will do what I can.

You can definitely top autos. But you need to do it early.. Not alll strains behave the same, I've done it on four different strains. This last run, my second biggest yield was one I topped and that trimmed out at 3.1z. I have a fast n vast going right now that I stunted by topping late. So, YMMV. I prefer the first fifteen days, but have gone as far as 22. You need to do them before they stretch. That's why 15 days works well for me.

These two are my first autos, but I've been watching how you and light addict etc have been training/topping the autos and definitely plan on trying some myself with the four fast and vast and two med gom seeds I have left. I am pretty pleased with the autos so far, they add a little excitement to the grow early.

I topped the NL x BB photoperiod plant tonight at the fifth node, hopefully it'll slow her down a little and increase my yield. I pinched the top off. Should I take off the bottom node too while I'm at it? It's not an auto so I'm sure it wouldn't hurt, it's got at least a couple months left to recover.

I need to vent a little. I've been smoking for about two years daily up until a month ago when I needed to take a break to lower my tolerance and more importantly get a new job as my previous job in an office was killing my soul and causing all sorts of negative health consequences.

Well I was told that having my medical cannabis card was ok by my new job and to just go take the drug test and it'll be no big deal. So I take the test. I inform the tester that I have my card, she says as long as it's ok with the employer it's fine. I fail the test for weed, even after a month, whatever I thought I'd be clean enough. Oh well.

Well it turns out the employer no longer is ok with the medical cannabis now and I won't be hired. I'm fucking humiliated. I've gone without my medicine for a month and will have to for even longer now. It's really medicine to me, although it's enjoyable too obviously, but without it I have major stomach problems every day, it's been the best treatment for that since the issue began a year ago, and the alternative pharmaceutical option causes permanent uncontrollable facial tics and spasms in a high percentage of patients.

So even in a medical cannibis state like California, it really means nothing if you want to also be employed because every job even non federal construction jobs won't hire you if you consume cannabis for any reason. What's the point of the medical program? Why would I need medicine to get better if I am not allowed to work?! Fuck this country/planet. My hermit days are fast approaching. I'm not welcome in society because I smoke a plant that makes me happy, well fuck society.

I should stop smoking weed and just smoke cigarettes, eat McDonalds, and drink booze like Uncle Sam (the cocksucker) wants. I gave a decade of my life/my physical and mental health/my freedom to this country supposedly to defend it (which was bullshit) and in return Im not allowed to have a job unless I stop the thing that works and get on a bunch of chemical bullshit. Fuck. This. Country.

Back
Top Bottom