John's Wicked New Grow

After I let them dip dry for about four hours in my 28" x28"x5" tent with a 4" online fan on the top with a fan inside and passive venting on the bottom.
After that, I was going to use Mr Sauga's slow dry and put them in a paper bag and put them in the fridge, because I do have a humidity issue that would be safer in the fridge. Any thoughts?
I've never done the fridge method, but I hear it's the cat's ass.

I've got nosey kids... lol. Gotta dry them in my bedroom closet.

I've never done the fridge method, but I hear it's the cat's ass.

I've got nosey kids... lol. Gotta dry them in my bedroom closet.

I'm going to put them in my fridge that came out of my Kenworth sleeper and put it in the room I use to grow.
the reefer is about $100.00 buck's when I bought it in 2000 and still works great.
just a idea for you and it will fit in your closet. :)

I'm going to put them in my fridge that came out of my Kenworth sleeper and put it in the room I use to grow.
the reefer is about $100.00 buck's when I bought it in 2000 and still works great.
just a idea for you and it will fit in your closet. :)
I've got a buddy who works at an appliance repair shop. LoL

He's offered me multiple "garage fridge's" for dirt ass cheap. I need to take my lazy ass down there to get one.

I'll pick up a hasp/latch and padlock... just gotta put the wheels in motion...

I'm eyeballing a press right now, I think I'll try to grab a fridge before my next harvest.
:thumb:

He's offered me multiple "garage fridge's" for dirt ass cheap. I need to take my lazy ass down there to get one.

I'm eyeballing a press right now, I think I'll try to grab a fridge before my next harvest.

Both are good ideas. :thumb:

Everything went well with the chop and bud washing. I sure made a mess, had to take out the mop. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I took the safe way about drying these and and broke the colas down.
I'll get some photos after my back, neck and rib stops hurting today.
I hope everybody's day was as productive as mine. :thumb:

Goodnight all , my neck won't let me be here now.
Gotta let it settle down.

I just had to finish the job.
It's in my DNA I guess.
Here's the photos promised.
The largest bud used to be 9" long and solid. Now it's 6" long.
The fan below is the most powerfull fan in its class with a rotating head. The temp in this grow tent is 70*f and the RH is riding at 58. I'm happy and officially over the killer cat drama. I milked it out long enough for my GF to suggest buying more seeds.:slide:
Tomorrow I will transplant, just could handle anymore pain today. My grow tent seems empty for now, but just wait until tomorrow.
Enjoy.

Over and out. :ciao:

Attachments

• IMG_20190730_150723335.jpg
    IMG_20190730_150723335.jpg
    574.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20190730_151454363.jpg
    IMG_20190730_151454363.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20190730_151501204.jpg
    IMG_20190730_151501204.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20190730_151826516.jpg
    IMG_20190730_151826516.jpg
    633.3 KB · Views: 64
Monsterously beautiful, John. Glad you could stick it out. My DNA is wired like that too. So glad you forgave the cat. If Mr. N is outside smoking our cat goes to follow the scent. I think the like it.
Now you can rest. Sending healing messages from me to you.

Kudos on the harvest, John-man those are some beautiful, fat buds...!
Those curved ones remind me of the lowRyder I harvested awhile back-1 straight bud,all the rest were "c" shaped...
Get some rest,John,You've earned it!

Hey John,
a couple of tips for drying in the fridge. Keep the paper bags open at the ends, don't fold them over. Don't overfill the bags. If you have large buds put one or two buds in a bag. No more than one ounce in each paper bag. After the first day I go through each bag and rotate them(reverse them). The bottoms go to the top and the tops go to the bottom of the bag.
I lay the buds lengthwise and stack the paper bags no more than 4 high. Then as I go in I rotate the bags. The bottom ones go to the top and the top ones go to the bottom.

I don't touch the buds again until day three, and repeat the process of rotating the buds in the bag. Then they sit for another four or five days before I toss them around a bit. Once you think it's starting to get dry, I throw some buds in a turkey bag with a hygrometer. If the RH goes above 70% I put them back in the bags in the fridge. If under 70%, but above 62%, I fill the bag up with room air, presumably with a RH around 50-60% and seal it. So it's a bag full of air and buds. I then burp them frequently to get the RH down to 62% in the bag for curing.

I hope that helps.

Mr. S I am writing down info as it comes because that is the most important and the fear of the unknown thing. You just said that so clearly and concisely. Thank you. I have written, scratched out and rewritten a few times. Now I know I got it.

what press?

Hey John,
a couple of tips for drying in the fridge. Keep the paper bags open at the ends, don't fold them over. Don't overfill the bags. If you have large buds put one or two buds in a bag. No more than one ounce in each paper bag. After the first day I go through each bag and rotate them(reverse them). The bottoms go to the top and the tops go to the bottom of the bag.
I lay the buds lengthwise and stack the paper bags no more than 4 high. Then as I go in I rotate the bags. The bottom ones go to the top and the top ones go to the bottom.

I don't touch the buds again until day three, and repeat the process of rotating the buds in the bag. Then they sit for another four or five days before I toss them around a bit. Once you think it's starting to get dry, I throw some buds in a turkey bag with a hygrometer. If the RH goes above 70% I put them back in the bags in the fridge. If under 70%, but above 62%, I fill the bag up with room air, presumably with a RH around 50-60% and seal it. So it's a bag full of air and buds. I then burp them frequently to get the RH down to 62% in the bag for curing.

I hope that helps.
[/QUOTE/]

Thank you Mr Sauga for the missing details, that really helps a lot.

I better go open the bags. I weighed out and put approx. 28 grams in each bag and with chopping only two bonsi plants still ended up with 15 bags in the fridge.

About midnight my neck settled down so I got up and transplanted the cat plants (OGK & CBD) into 5 gallon smart pots.
I also transplanted the kids out of the solo cups.
Busy night.

I sure wish I didn't have to take those big buds apart. I need to get this system down before I will try to cure giant bud's.

So good morning everyone, I hope all have a great day. :thumb:

Current photo of my grow tent.

Attachments

• IMG_20190731_080054257.jpg
    IMG_20190731_080054257.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 56
I chopped 3" off this bud, this weighs 1.6 Oz, (wet weight) according to my postal scale.

Attachments

• IMG_20190731_003835873.jpg
    IMG_20190731_003835873.jpg
    705.1 KB · Views: 52
Your plants look great, John.

So cool, . . . . I just opened up the fridge door for the first time to open the bag's up, wow what a great smell ! :yahoo:

Hey John,

I hope that helps.

images.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom