Jonwayne's Bag Seed - Rookie Grow - Winter 2015 Journal

Little photo update here, showing buds in mom, and how clone is shooting up.
20160321_064855.jpg

20160321_064830.jpg

20160321_064426.jpg

Here the tape shows a before flower height and after.
20160321_064322.jpg

Jonwayne, I just wanted to let you know that your signature is off a little and doesn't work. I think you forgot the : that comes after the https in your URL. The easiest way is to just cut and paste the URL into your signature. Just thought I'd let you know so you can get as many people on your journal as possible.

Smokey

Forgot to mention yesterday, these ladies are on day 20 in flower today. So we are roughly 1/3 of the way to another harvest. One thing I would like to do is keep my fan leaves longer this time, last round one of my girls was naked all except a few sweet leaves @ week 6 seemed like. That seems early to me yea? But everything looks good so far, big shirl is having a little yellowing in her lower portion, nothing serious yet. I'll keep everything posted

Well guys @ lights on tonight that dam clone had grew into the light once again. And I had the light as high as I could possibly get it, so... think you guys know where this is headed. I had to I think that call it super cropping, had to snap and bend the top over. I made the bend/break about 5 inches down from the top. It's the first time I've ever had to do that, will I still have a nice bud form on top there even with it bent horizontal? The plant never was topped so that was its main cola there I snapped. I hope I still get a little bud off her after all this. Those scraggly side I know aren't gonna produce much. I never dreamed it would stretch 3 1/2 times what it was when it went into flower. So I never toped it, tied it over or was even worried about it. I'll add some photos tomorrow let everyone see how she reacts to it. Happy growing:volcano-smiley:

Well guys @ lights on tonight that dam clone had grew into the light once again. And I had the light as high as I could possibly get it, so... think you guys know where this is headed. I had to I think that call it super cropping, had to snap and bend the top over. I made the bend/break about 5 inches down from the top. It's the first time I've ever had to do that, will I still have a nice bud form on top there even with it bent horizontal? The plant never was topped so that was its main cola there I snapped. I hope I still get a little bud off her after all this. Those scraggly side I know aren't gonna produce much. I never dreamed it would stretch 3 1/2 times what it was when it went into flower. So I never toped it, tied it over or was even worried about it. I'll add some photos tomorrow let everyone see how she reacts to it. Happy growing:volcano-smiley:

The top should turn back up towards the light. You'll still get a nice bud at the top, and the buds along the supercrop will get significantly more light.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

20160324_064246.jpg

20160324_064233.jpg

I may not have done it right, it was my first attempt @ it. But here it is, didn hurt her a bit don't seem like. She was back looking up for the light only a few hours later as you can see here. The bend/break is approximately 6" from the top of the plant. If she gets back into the light, reckon I could go a little further down and do another break. I'm hoping she will just start focusing on buds and not busting out the top of my closet. That be great lol

Been a couple 3 days since I did an update. All is well, just enjoying a holiday weekend off work finally. Girls are doin good, mom is putting on some nice nugs. Now the clone, I dunno what her problem is, she is more focused on how talk long and lanky she can get herself rather than budding looks like. Wouldn't ready for it, but I think it may finally be under control now. She stretched for more like 3 weeks rather than 2. I'll get you guys some new photos posted, some time tomorrow.

I'm having issues getting enough light down to the lower part of my 12" colas. So I done a little lst, opening up the middle of the plant more, and a bit of defoliation to clear out the jumbled mess of tiny fan leaves blocking light. Also started rotating in my blackstrap molasses mix into every other feeding, just like with the first grow. I'll get photos as soon as I have time. Getting This outdoor grow ready plus working 7 days is killing my free time.

Couldn't have put it better myself art. I was about to head over to smokey's journal while I had 30 mins to catch up on the 6 pages posted today. Haha I'm not 100% sure yet, but by the looks of it now if I can keep plenty of light on her. I think my big girl will give me a decent yeild this time, I already have more weight in in mature buds than the last 2 @ harvest. This strain is sativa dominant I do believe, with the major stretch in flower and overall looks anyways. I'm gonna keep it goin I think, I love the way it takes to cloning (100% success so far) and grows great. If I can find something in these bagseed a good indica dom. to cross it with I may have a winner on my hands.

I'm having issues getting enough light down to the lower part of my 12" colas. So I done a little lst, opening up the middle of the plant more, and a bit of defoliation to clear out the jumbled mess of tiny fan leaves blocking light. Also started rotating in my blackstrap molasses mix into every other feeding, just like with the first grow. I'll get photos as soon as I have time. Getting This outdoor grow ready plus working 7 days is killing my free time.

Jon, I like defoliating my plants to get more light down to the nodes underneath, You can see all three of my girls on PG 137 in my journal. I like to remove almost everything that is blocking light from getting down low with the exception of the leaves right around the nug's. I don't claim to be any kind of expert and knew nothing about this stuff until the great folks helping me suggested it. The only exception is Casey, who I have only removed any large leaves on to see what happens (I figure nature has to be doing something right). Now it's just playing the waiting game to see which turns out better. I hope you don't mind me making a long post on our journal, I just wanted you to understand what I've done with my grow and hope it helps you make a decision about whether to heavily defoliate or not. Sorry if my post was too long.

No need to apologize smoke, it's been pretty dead around here lately. Glad to have ya. Yea this is also my first time doin any defoliation. I done it once in veg, Just to try it and I'll not defoliate in veg again. No help there, just stunted it untill it grew some back so that was a mistake. But in flower I've defoliated once early on a little to open it up (the first week) and this second time. I done just like.you said there removed any and all fan leaves that were blocking lower node/bud sites. And it has worked out nice in flower for me, girls seem to like it. One thing I do also is tuck all the leaves I can first, and only remove what I have too. Thanks for the comment, I'm headed over to catch up on your journal now actually. And I also took some new photos of the girls tonight that I'll post here in a bit when I have time.

20160330_211801.jpg

20160330_211255.jpg

20160330_211246.jpg

Had the big girl put of the box a bit before work tonight for a update.
She is healthy, happy and putting good weight on so far. Fingers crossed I surpass my first harvest, witch won't be to dificult. My one big plant should yeild more than my first 2 together. Everything is on track thus far. Clone got her first dose of blackstrap molasses yesterday I think. Big girl should get her first dose here in the next few days. I had planned on doin a little experiment with feeding one molasses and not the other, but since my last 2 plants produced decent smoke. Ah why not just keep it goin right. Did not bother getting pictures of the clone, and you probably won't see much of here this grow. She is fugly as hell and not very photogenic, more like a 3' no. 2 pencil with a few nugs on top. Nothing special, enough rambling tonight. Enjoy :volcano-smiley:

Thanks art but not this one, she has finally started to feel out a bit. Kind of like that ugly teen, beautiful woman thing that happens to old high school flings haha. There turning out just how I hoped they would. Seems like with both my grows so for that the blackstrap molasses has Jumpstarted bud and trichomes production. Either that or I have started using it @ just the right time. Lol I'll try to get some closeups and good photos up later tonight. Got a new camera to try out. Thanks

Nothing new with the girls except for the tall lanky clone. I've noticed that her top buds are coming in airy where she has grew into the light and stays @ the top of the grow space with the most heat. I've been doin a little bending and breaking on her to shape those side branches and tops around to get the most light the last few days. I'm gonna reconstruct the fixture on her side in the am to spread the bulbs out a little more to even out the heat hopefully. I'll get some photos updated when I start to see some changes, @ around week 4-5 now so everything is happening slowly.

Here we go guys, a little bud port for you as we are wrapping up week 5.
First 4 photos are of my original mother plant the last photo is of the the cropped and trained clone.
20160407_070655.jpg

20160407_070621.jpg

20160407_070538.jpg

20160407_070321.jpg

Clone
20160407_065341.jpg

Hard to get good photos of the clone the way I have her branches twisted and tied up.

Back
Top Bottom