Jumping in

Nemysys

Hello all,

I'm new to growing. I have always loved to smoke, but have never tried growing until recently.
After a strange series of events, I inherited 2 Sun Systems 1000w reflectors, ballasts and bulbs...and rather than let them go to waste..i decided to set up a grow room.

First things first...i filed the proper paperwork, and saw the right doctor to become "legal".....then i got to work...
My background is in industrial engineering and spent way too long in clean rooms fabricating semiconductors, so when it came to indoor gardening, I decided not go with dirt. I wanted something "clean" and like you would find in a lab.

I've spent lots of time reading through this forum. There is so much information, so much knowledge and so much wisdom here...it's overwhelming....

I'll be posting pictures and details of my own in a grow journal

Cheers!!

Welcome Nemesys. Love the name by the way. Would be great for a computer program that fights other programs. Maybe in Tron3. It's an awesome forum here and we have every style of grow to follow. Personally I love dirt but I can understand where you are coming from. I think the cleanest systems on this site are Deep Water Culture. It's low cost to set up and as long as you keep your nutrient solution in the right temperature range and oxygen content your plants will thrive. DWC grows here constantly get high yields.

If I may ask, what were you planning on using?

Welcome to :420:

Rifleman does hydro so he will be a go to guy for you. My advice with the aeroflow or any Nutrient film technique is to be vigilant checking for clogs and to keep that resevoir in the right temperature range and highly aerated. If you start from clone you can fill all the pots and flower when they are short. Or pick pole type non-branching indicas. The space between pots is not very much in that system so if you grow non pole plants I would leave every other pot empty with a plastic cover and alternate between the two growth channels for a zig zag pattern.

Hello all,

I'm new to growing. I have always loved to smoke, but have never tried growing until recently.
After a strange series of events, I inherited 2 Sun Systems 1000w reflectors, ballasts and bulbs...and rather than let them go to waste..i decided to set up a grow room.

First things first...i filed the proper paperwork, and saw the right doctor to become "legal".....then i got to work...
My background is in industrial engineering and spent way too long in clean rooms fabricating semiconductors, so when it came to indoor gardening, I decided not go with dirt. I wanted something “clean” and like you would find in a lab.

I’ve spent lots of time reading through this forum. There is so much information, so much knowledge and so much wisdom here...it’s overwhelming….

I’ll be posting pictures and details of my own in a grow journal

Cheers!!
Welcome to 420 Nemysys

I can see why you do not like dirt, you worked above the floor in the clean rooms, I spent a lot of time under those "clean room" floors and that is why I am a dirt digger. It is dirty under there. Thanks to laminar air flow.

Back
Top Bottom