Just got my first couple of pistils: when to start 12/12 flowering? New to this

sabbyrose

420 Member
Just foun my first couple of pistols on my plants. They are nearing at the very top. Some on the next branch down. The plants are not very full. So I am wondering should I let the plants go more tell they are fuller. Or switch them over to 12/12 lighting. Will this make the plant get more full or let them vegetate a little longer to get more spots. Is there a point of no return on the vegetation.

3C2FC3FF-4114-4F0E-BBE5-6CC714715D8E.jpeg

96A86E6E-6FFD-46AF-9281-E71A712F83AC.jpeg

8F7D54ED-021A-4A0F-8C86-8ACDFEB73AA4.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

if it's an auto it's going no matter. if it's photo you can increase daylight hours. it's gonna want more space really.

How old are they? In the flowering stretch they're potentially going to get double the size they are now. If you don't have much headroom that could cause a problem with those taller ones. You could try supercropping them.

I have no clue if they are autoflowering or not. As they are seeds I got from a very seedy batch. Thinking from hermie as I got all female plants so far. Hoping they don’t turn hermie on me either. But you can hold them back a bit ?

what light schedule do you have them on ?
they'll only stay back if they are photos. i'd let them go anyway if that's all the space you have.

watch close as the eager ones are usually males or hermed with a strong male component.. thought i saw pollen sacs in one pic but it was not too clear. very first image.

The taller Plants are about 2 months old I haven’t seen anything yet that looks to be like a sac. I watch them daily. I have them on 18/6 right now. I have enough head room to let them grow a little more. I think I may take the big ones to another area and try them on 12/12. This is my first time and I have really learned a lot and had a lot of fun. I know next time around I’m going to try many other ways to keep them lower.

3 plants from same batch. Tall ones a bare with white pistils on the tops and second branches. As the smaller more full one just got its first two. So I know the plants will grow more full like the small one so I’m stuck

B3F6D667-3FBC-45C7-BC8D-070B9EA66451.jpeg

923A77DB-0D28-45A7-B377-9C8054C41F09.jpeg

E901D503-D676-4769-AFAC-BE3B1F354F0C.jpeg

133655B5-F7D0-4FFF-BC98-0C3B1F7F451C.jpeg

A5C4AE3F-48BD-40E3-AA3C-28411CB99AFB.jpeg

0F11B691-6980-4716-A36C-F344B9C924B6.jpeg

I’d get bigger/deeper pots, set them at the bottom and fill them up as far as you can. Cut off whatever nodes get covered by soil.

Then I would top them after the fourth node and let them grow back. Make clones from the tops you trim. They’ll be fat.

Those are going to end up too tall to manage.

Regardless you’ll need to uppot before you flip. The last ones I had like this (not topped, long Veg) got over 6’ tall.

I feel you man. This is my first time. I didn’t know much about topping, or even tieing them down until I got into it. I didn’t really want to you killing the plants but I geuss you won’t learn until you have tried. I think I’m gonna try and top one when it fills a little more. Great advice! Keep you posted.

The significance of your plants now growing pre flower pistils is that now your plants are sexually mature and ready to flower when you wish.

What light are you using for a light source, the lights power rating and distance from the plants?

I am able too see that on your plants the inter node spacing is quite large indicating your plants are not receiving sufficient lighting and the plant stems are stretching to reach the light source.

Depending on the plants heritage your plants may grow from 1.5x - 2.5x or taller during flower.

Several solutions to manage the height your plants will reach during flower transplanting to larger deeper pots and burying the stem deep in the larger pot. Your plants will require staking for support during flower. You may use bamboo stakes or any non rotting wood for support along with ties or clips to secure the plant stems and branches to the stake. Cutting and reducing the height of the main stem shall allow lower side branches to become dominant while receiving more light to a larger amount of nodes where the branches 2 new tops shall form. The cut top section can be re cut to create clones of your plants.

Back
Top Bottom