Kelvin difference

4me2kn0

I just changed over 1 of my grow lights from 100w led to a 150w led and there's a pretty big difference in the color of the lights. The 100w is very white (looks like around 6000k) and the 150w is more yellow (around 4000k) and I was curious if this will effect the plant differently?

ct121217.jpg

Yes it will
Higher colour temp [K] makes chunkier vegging because of the blue - daylight is about 5600k
Buds ripen better under red, lower end of the spectrum like Autumn sun
Sorry, Fall

btw that chart is back to front
What’s the difference between Autumn and Fall? lol CL🍀

What’s the difference between Autumn and Fall? lol CL🍀

lower numbers are more red and have a flower bias -fall. higher numbers have more blue and have a veg bias - spring / early summer.
standard veg is 4000 - 4500k. standard flower is 2700 - 3500k.

most led rigs run with a mix of them all and are hence "full spectrum".

i run a flower bias mix of 3000k and 3500k on all my cob rigs, including the ones i sold. they still work for veg and work better where you really want it.

I just changed over 1 of my grow lights from 100w led to a 150w led and there's a pretty big difference in the color of the lights. The 100w is very white (looks like around 6000k) and the 150w is more yellow (around 4000k) and I was curious if this will effect the plant differently?

ct121217.jpg
If you know the brands and models of the lights it will be easy to look up the specs and compare them.

Back in the day I use to grow under MH /HPS lights . The metal halide was 67000K very white light for veg, plants grew like they were outside under real sun. The high pressure sodium was 27000 K very reddish brown light an plants flowered unbelievable. But I think everything is full spectrum now

Back
Top Bottom