Kitchenhawk's Perpetual Grow Log

you popped 4 packs at once? :eek: That is crazy. i hope you find a couple of keepers out of that! I am yet to pop even a whole pack of one strain at once. It is something I really need to do. That cutie pie x gelato sounds like it will be nice!
Thanks. When I started growing I would always pop a few of a bunch of different strains, but I never cloned back then. If I grew something I liked I would just grow it again from seed. Now I am always afraid I am gonna leave something special behind, so I just pop the whole pack.

Thanks. When I started growing I would always pop a few of a bunch of different strains, but I never cloned back then. If I grew something I liked I would just grow it again from seed. Now I am always afraid I am gonna leave something special behind, so I just pop the whole pack.
I pop a couple/few per pack of regs and even though I clone. I like growing a variety of strains so I will typically pop two seeds of 2 to 3 strains at a time and hope for one female each. It typically works out but not always. i had some luck just starting 1 seed each of a couple of strains but then I started getting males and went to 2 per strain. I got 2 females from 2 orangeade seeds which was a first and then I got 2 males from my MAC seeds which was a bummer.

I pop a couple/few per pack of regs and even though I clone. I like growing a variety of strains so I will typically pop two seeds of 2 to 3 strains at a time and hope for one female each. It typically works out but not always. i had some luck just starting 1 seed each of a couple of strains but then I started getting males and went to 2 per strain. I got 2 females from 2 orangeade seeds which was a first and then I got 2 males from my MAC seeds which was a bummer.
Yep it's always a crap shoot. That's what I love about cloning. It's like we are scratching off lottery tickets, except when we find that winning ticket we can scratch it over and over again. Your lucky to have a pack of MAC. Cap stuff is pretty hard to get I hear. You gonna pop anymore anytime soon?

I popped another two and had them get eaten by a rogue mouse. I chose to wait to pop some more until I took care of it. I am excited to see what they do when I get some females. The males were nice and if I had a place to chuck some pollen I would have flowered them out. That MAC crossed to my Slurricane sounds like it could be a winner!

I popped another two and had them get eaten by a rogue mouse. I chose to wait to pop some more until I took care of it. I am excited to see what they do when I get some females. The males were nice and if I had a place to chuck some pollen I would have flowered them out. That MAC crossed to my Slurricane sounds like it could be a winner!
@TheGreenYeti Damn.... Slurricane, Orangeade, and the MAC?? I'm starting to get really jealous of your bean stash already. Lol. Sounds like you probably have a nice collection to sort through. Did you flower the orangeade already? If so did it have orange Terps? Really curious to see how the Tangie breeds. I have yet to try Tangie or any of it's crosses.

@TheGreenYeti Damn.... Slurricane, Orangeade, and the MAC?? I'm starting to get really jealous of your bean stash already. Lol. Sounds like you probably have a nice collection to sort through. Did you flower the orangeade already? If so did it have orange Terps? Really curious to see how the Tangie breeds. I have yet to try Tangie or any of it's crosses.
I just cut one down a few days ago. It looks pretty Purple Punch dom but in early flower it reeked of citrus! I do not know what it smells like right now as it isnt dry and smells more like fresh bud then anything. As it got closer to finish it had gotten over powered by others in the tent. The wife tried an early tester today and said it was potent and tasty. I will get her to give me mroe details when I see her. The second pheno I have going looks less like Purple Punch and yet has not shown a lot of citrus on the nose surprisingly. I do have a pretty nice seed stash. I had spent more on beans than any reasonable person should have lol. My Slurricane is very nice:

I popped one seed that did not do well for whatever reason and then I replaced it with this one. So this is really one seed out of a pack that looks like this. It does throw some bananas on the very lower growth. I need new tents though and it is just too nice to not run it for now.

I just cut one down a few days ago. It looks pretty Purple Punch dom but in early flower it reeked of citrus! I do not know what it smells like right now as it isnt dry and smells more like fresh bud then anything. As it got closer to finish it had gotten over powered by others in the tent. The wife tried an early tester today and said it was potent and tasty. I will get her to give me mroe details when I see her. The second pheno I have going looks less like Purple Punch and yet has not shown a lot of citrus on the nose surprisingly. I do have a pretty nice seed stash. I had spent more on beans than any reasonable person should have lol. My Slurricane is very nice:

I popped one seed that did not do well for whatever reason and then I replaced it with this one. So this is really one seed out of a pack that looks like this. It does throw some bananas on the very lower growth. I need new tents though and it is just too nice to not run it for now.
Beautiful Plants! :thumb: Hopefully you get some nice citrus Terps from your Purple Punch dom with a nice cure.

Beautiful Plants! :thumb: Hopefully you get some nice citrus Terps from your Purple Punch dom with a nice cure.
Thanks bud! That was the same plant just different times or buds. I asked the wife what she got from the tester and after thinking it through said it tasted citrusy. So there is that lol. I am hoping it comes out on the nose some more. We shall see.

So I got my weigh in done for the Pugsbreath (Serena) harvest. Pulled 22oz. Off 13 plants. Average yield would be 26 for my setup. And 30 for a high yielder. So she is definitely a low yielder. I knew this. The monocrop of her was a challenge to myself to pull average yields off her, and I failed. 80% is what I ended up with. After that grow I really wouldn't mind running some Northern Lights. No picture updates for now. Still got the bopgun, blazing blues, and rasp x PPG flowering. Everything just starting to get little white poof balls and still stretching. I will get pics up once the stretch is done. 18 out of 21 clones are showing roots, others anyday, so all good there. And I just popped a 12 pack of Crockett's Family Farm Tangie Regs hopefully I can find a couple good males and females. 2018 hunting season is coming along nicely. Thanks for stopping by. Peace

I
I love love love Crockett's gear! Look for the purple pheno of tangie, it a special one. They even released it as a different strain called Blood Orange. From what research I've done if you want to breed Tangie, it's the male you're looking for, a really stinky tangerine smelling dude. Good luck, I'll be watching from my chair in the corner.
I almost bought the Blood Orange too. Lol, It was like 4 bucks more lol. I opted for the original, because I did not know which would breed better, and just went with original. 10 for 12 popped as of this morning. Gonna leave em in paper towel another day or so. Hopefully get the other 2, but I am happy with 10 either way. This is my first run on Crocketts gear. Glad to hear you love it. Must be good then.

So I trimmed and jarred the Orangeade and it does not seem to have any citrus in it right now. It actually smells very close to my Slurricane. Then again both plants looked similar and I already knew the Slurry was a Purple Punch leaning pheno. While the Orangeade did not show as much frost as the slurry while on the plant it does look just as nice now that it is dried.

I am yet to run any Crockett gear. I have been eyeing the Sour Tangie for a while I just have not grabbed it yet. I really need to work through some of the seed stash before I think about buying it.

Figured I would drop you some pics of the finished product of both Orangeade and Slurricane.

One shot of each. Both very nice. Both pretty dense but the Slurricane is denser and more colorful.
Thanks for sharing. Those both look beautiful. Dry nug shots are some of my favorite pics, but often all I ever see are plant pics.

Thanks for sharing. Those both look beautiful. Dry nug shots are some of my favorite pics, but often all I ever see are plant pics.
Thanks man. i dont take a whole bunch of them but today I did. I figured I would give you a look at them since I had been mentioning them to you.

That Pug's Breath is gorgeous! I have a couple of Peanutbutter Breath and Larry Bird Breaths I am waiting to show sex right now. I think At least one of the PBBs is a male. It is a shame since it is the better structured, faster growing one of the two.

Update Time. Bopgun 1-10 and Blazing Blues 1-5 are 3 weeks in to flower in the 5x5. The Bopguns are growing like a beefed up Dosi. 6 or 7 look like they are gonna stack nicely. Blazing Blues are growing much more squat. I put them on upside down pots to even the canopy. I have grown 3 Blazing Blues before, and they all had a nice berry flavor. Raspberry Mumma x Purple pure gooey cruising along in the 2x2. Was gonna try to stall my clones in plugs for awhile longer, but decided to just put them all in solos. In the veg I have Mandarin Cookies #1 and #2 x3 each and Pamelina's 2,3,4,5 x2 each and 1 Pugsbreath in 1/2 gallon square pots. On my shelf I have Tangie 1-10 maybe a week old. 11 popped but 1 damped off on me. Well that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by.

Back
Top Bottom