Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017: LED & CFL & Sun

Re: Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017 - LED & CFL & Sun

Okay so... it's been a rough start no doubt but I have finally found a germination process that works for me and my less than magic beans. I also had a surprise sprout from the peat pellets I put scarified seeds in and she is probably the strongest of the bunch. My process is now soaking seeds for 24 hours in tap water (sat out for 24+) with a capful or two of Hydrogen Peroxide per liter. Any seed that shows its tap roots goes straight in soil mix which is biobizz all mix with a lot of extra perlite and some peat and coco coir from my pellets that are just not working for me (save for the one). I had two seeds sprout in the coco coir pellets but they just weren't taking to them like the soil babies so I transferred them to soil. So now I have 2 decent sprouts in soil and two very small sprouts in soil...

420-magazine-mobile1052201338.jpg

and one little peat pellet who is the 'tortoise' of the group appearing older and stronger than her sisters and in all likelyhood she is... she must of been building a root system for a week before showing her head...
420-magazine-mobile1534860928.jpg

I have her under her own little desk cfl in in a reflective little can... she is special!

420-magazine-mobile874027330.jpg

I have my grow closet cleaned out and ready but very very bare... will be moving the larger 3 seedlings over there once they are ready for the LED....
420-magazine-mobile1715985146.jpg

So all in all it's been a slow start but a start but at least it's a start! Really glad I got some sprouts started because I was getting worried there. Before my discovery of the garden miracle that is H202 I even went and ordered just a few plain old white widow feminized seeds JUST in case my seeds were actually completely bunk.

I am not at my computer right now but the guy who gifted me the seeds sent me his bonafide planting instructions WITH photos and I kid you not it's him putting about 100 seeds in a glass of water overnight and then putting ALL OF THE SEEDS in one big asss bucket and throwing dirt on top of them!!!!! I have to put a link up... gotta love the dude ... just a very different practice... I still have seeds germinating and two germinated seeds that should poke their heads out tomorrow. Starting to get the swing of things.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Im reaaaaally happy you started your jurney....On that desk cfl are you running a 23w bulb?

..."Whoever sad best things in life are free...obviosly grew their own bud."...
Please help with lights

I can say that so far I have 4 healthy sprouts! :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley: I will be taking pictures when the sun... the real sun comes up. Right now I am still keeping them under cfls 24 hours a a day. I just woke up early because I woke up several times to the same bad dream, got sick of it, and so just woke up at 4:30am! (Four years clean and I still get 'I am being chased by police/arrested/etc dreams!) BUT waking up to FOUR little baby marijuana plants poking their heads out is enough to make me jump for joy!

I can most definitely say that the H202 coupled with my new hand sanitation practices truly saved my old beans! I guess before I thought it silly that I had to wash my hands/sanitize something before going in the DIRT. I was obviously very wrong!

I also have been immersing myself in the practices of H202 in the garden. From germination to root rot Hydrogen Peroxide is like a garden miracle worker!

Why everyone should use hydrogen peroxide everyday!

Still... I am one of those people that are not just satisfied to have something work.... I want to know WHY!? Not much material around as to WHY it is that H202 seems to have such an amazing effect on germination. I now have a splash in all my water but we are talking about very minimal amounts. The stuff you buy at the store is already down to 3%. Ultimately it was this kid's middle school science project that made me choose to use it... There are many youtube growers who have suggested it but this kid really showed it in practice... pretty amazing... and yes I know mustard seed isn't cannabis seeds but... it was worth a shot because i was getting such shit results.

[video=youtube;My3ePxetxpw]
[/video]

When I quit the heroin and hard drugs... my cigarette smoking took off. Its like... my last vice. I don't use drugs or drink... (marijuana is not a drug like the others in my opinion) but I think I hold on to the cigarettes because I can. I have even managed to vegetarian and now vegan but can't quit smoking CIGARETTES.

My grow closet is in the room I hang out in most apart from my living room because it has my desk and my sewing machine. So that means I will definitely cut back smoking as I won't chance the smoke around my new babies!

SO HAPPY about my sprouts! :cheer: Can't wait to take some good pics later today :)

PS Nova... I like your dog! This is mine...

dali.jpg
Congrats on the sprouts!! They are beautiful thanks for the comment on my dog haha your dog looks so happy! I always bring my dogs into the garden with me. They seem to enjoy the smell of plants in veg. Your dog may enjoy gardening with you too!

Good to hear you kicked the drugs to the curb. Cannabis is all we need!

How many weeks are you planning to veg for??

Re: Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017 - LED & CFL & Sun

On that desk cfl are you running a 23w bulb?

It is actually only a 12watt baby cfl and I never intended to use it for the grow. It has an E14 (smaller socket) as well. I only got it off my desk when I found the little peat pellet that made it. I figure its enough for her in her early days. There was no space under my larger cfls with all my seedlings in pots and she is a bit furtehr along than the rest so needs special attention :) She is sprouting her first true leave now so I will be putting the pellet in a pot with my soil mix today and it will go in the grow closet, under LED with the first wave of seedlings. I don't want to wait to long before putting them under LED or I am afraid they will be shocked too much by the change of lights.

Waking up is so much fun these days! They change over night when they are this young! I am such a dork. I wake up excited to check my plants!

xxKitty:circle-of-love:

How many weeks are you planning to veg for??

Well... when I first started, I had this detailed plan as to how I would manage my plants, how long to veg, flower etc and as I have learned through my germination endeavors... the plants don't work like that. In addition to using biobizz soil, I am using biobizz nutrients so that is the only schedule I am going to loosely follow. These are not autoflower nor are the feminized so I will be scrapping quite a few plants at some point :( That is why I am trying to have 7-8 healthy plants... in hopes to get 3 or 4 healthy ladies in the end. I will probably start with 4 weeks veg and see where that gets me. I am in no hurry. The first two weeks all mix is so hearty I won't use nutrients... I will probably wait till my eldest surviving plant shows signs that she wants anutrients and go from there.

So to answer you question... I have no clue how long my veg time will be! hahahah! 4 weeks is the absolute minimum so we will see how they are looking then and go from there. One of the many downsides of working with 'unstable' seeds is you never know what you are going to get :thumb:

xxKitty :circle-of-love:

Glad to see your little fellas FINALY sprouted! I know that feeling, it's definitely a nice one and waking up to see them change every morning is exciting as well. I'm sub'd and will be along for the journey.

Just hope you don't get f'ing fungus gnats. I thanked my gf's cousin so much for hooking me up with a clone....to find out it has gnats which are now in my grow tent. $0 for a couple days, so there isn't much I can do but pray they don't kill my 2 little guys.

Anyways! Best of luck and I wish you the best. Being as we're both new to this I'm sure we'll both be asking a lot of the same questions.

I'm going to take you'd advice and start "weaning" my little guy off of the hydro dome and let him get a taste of fresh air .

So... I decided I wanted a calendar to hang on the door to my grow closet to mark down important dates, nutrient info, etc. Sure... I spent a LOT of money on a new iPhone to do this for me but I wanted a REAL calendar. You remember the ones that people used to give as Christmas gifts to people they don't really give a fuck about. Merry Christmas... I forgot you existed Cousin Becky... here is your pictures of cute puppies calendar.

Yeah well. They don't have those in Italy but then I remembered that somewhere in my house there was one mailed out by the Catholic Church that I may have not trashed immediately. They send them out at Christmas to like every Italian citizen. I think it's like a a law... everyone gets a catholic calendar yearly in Italy.

Lucky me I found it! It is all pictures of the Madonna.... no not the material girl. So I thought I'd have some fun and 420 Miss Mary up a bit....

So far I have only done February and March but maybe someone else will laugh as hard as I did...:

If you are religious... I apologize. It's only a joke....
420-magazine-mobile1495131777.jpg
420-magazine-mobile56488578.jpg

So... I decided I wanted a calendar to hang on the door to my grow closet to mark down important dates, nutrient info, etc. Sure... I spent a LOT of money on a new iPhone to do this for me but I wanted a REAL calendar. You remember the ones that people used to give as Christmas gifts to people they don't really give a fuck about. Merry Christmas... I forgot you existed Cousin Becky... here is your pictures of cute puppies calendar.

Yeah well. They don't have those in Italy but then I remembered that somewhere in my house there was one mailed out by the Catholic Church that I may have not trashed immediately. They send them out at Christmas to like every Italian citizen. I think it's like a a law... everyone gets a catholic calendar yearly in Italy.

Lucky me I found it! It is all pictures of the Madonna.... no not the material girl. So I thought I'd have some fun and 420 Miss Mary up a bit....

So far I have only done February and March but maybe someone else will laugh as hard as I did...:

If you are religious... I apologize. It's only a joke....
420-magazine-mobile1495131777.jpg
420-magazine-mobile56488578.jpg

Keep it pimpin hahahahah

Please help with lights

We would love to know how are your babies doin......

Please help with lights

They are doing well. They are now all in the grow closet under the LED... still supplementing with the 30w cfls until the 150ws arrive. Also been looking around for another lamp because I know I'm gonna need more light. I found a woman selling used 600watt Grolux kits (lamp,ballast, reflector, and all cables) for 30 euros a pop but she is a three hour drive away and the tolls on the autostrada are 40 euro round trip alone. Still such an amazing deal... I have another thread in the grow lighting sub forum where I am Trying to decide whether or not to make the trip or just buy another 300watt mars panel. I will do photos tomorrow... They are still under 24 hour light but once I have decent true leaves on every seedling I'm switching to 20/4. Cold temps seem to be an issue at night even with the heat on.... seedlings seem to like it pretty hot and the LED doesn't put out any heat.... The ladies will have their photo shoot tomorrow :)

They are doing well. They are now all in the grow closet under the LED... still supplementing with the 30w cfls until the 150ws arrive. Also been looking around for another lamp because I know I'm gonna need more light. I found a woman selling used 600watt Grolux kits (lamp,ballast, reflector, and all cables) for 30 euros a pop but she is a three hour drive away and the tolls on the autostrada are 40 euro round trip alone. Still such an amazing deal... I have another thread in the grow lighting sub forum where I am Trying to decide whether or not to make the trip or just buy another 300watt mars panel. I will do photos tomorrow... They are still under 24 hour light but once I have decent true leaves on every seedling I'm switching to 20/4. Cold temps seem to be an issue at night even with the heat on.... seedlings seem to like it pretty hot and the LED doesn't put out any heat.... The ladies will have their photo shoot tomorrow :)

How much is going the temp at night and what are you using for heating?

Please help with lights

Oh the house never goes below 20 but the babies prefer it closer to 25... the plants are in a closet right next to the rooms radiator... but still at night the temps drop...

Is thare any way you can push some warm air inside from the radiator?For sure it would help.

Please help with lights

It's actually in a perfect spot because the air conditioner in the room in right above the closet... these European ac units are also heaters.... so I could make it hotter if I reAlly wanted but not worth the energy bill. My big 150watt cfls come soon and then I am sure they will give off a lot more heat than these little ones.

I'm glad to hear all the little one are doing good! A 600w would really be a worth while investment if you don't mind the spike in the electric bill. Have you thought about a carbon filter for the flowering smell?

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A 600w would really be a worth while investment if you don't mind the spike in the electric bill.

Yeah.... considering she only wants 30 euro per 600watt kit... I would probably pick up 4 or 5 of them and then use the parts I need and sell everything else dirt cheap on ebay... here is the thread with the pics of the equipment... tell me if you think it is worth it :)

Help! Found used 600w HPS kit - What should I ask? Is it worth it?

The problem is the cost of the drive. My father is coming to visit... well he has business here in Italy so he is also coming to see me and he has a much more gas efficient car than I. I am trying to convince him to take me. He is aware of my hobby. I have very relaxed and open parents. My mom smokes weed daily. My dad is more of a wine guy. Either way they don't judge me and let me make my own choices. Well since I got clean at least. I am trying to convince him it is a little investment as well as part of my hobby. If he won't take me I may just buy a second Mars LED panel.

Have you thought about a carbon filter for the flowering smell?

Yes I have thought of it but no I haven't invested much time or money into it yet. I don't know when it will become necessary. Considering the plants are in a closed room in a closet in the very very back room of my house... I don't think the smell will permeate the the communal entry way... but maybe I am being a bit naive. Right now I am am simply circulating the closet with a fan but I plan on putting a small intake and exhaust fan into the the closet... but waiting for my Dad to help me with the jigsaw. Living alone is great.... unless you have an accident... saw off a hand... or fall down in the shower ;)

I am up early as usual :)

Yeah.... considering she only wants 30 euro per 600watt kit... I would probably pick up 4 or 5 of them and then use the parts I need and sell everything else dirt cheap on ebay... here is the thread with the pics of the equipment... tell me if you think it is worth it :)

Help! Found used 600w HPS kit - What should I ask? Is it worth it?

The problem is the cost of the drive. My father is coming to visit... well he has business here in Italy so he is also coming to see me and he has a much more gas efficient car than I. I am trying to convince him to take me. He is aware of my hobby. I have very relaxed and open parents. My mom smokes weed daily. My dad is more of a wine guy. Either way they don't judge me and let me make my own choices. Well since I got clean at least. I am trying to convince him it is a little investment as well as part of my hobby. If he won't take me I may just buy a second Mars LED panel.

Yes I have thought of it but no I haven't invested much time or money into it yet. I don't know when it will become necessary. Considering the plants are in a closed room in a closet in the very very back room of my house... I don't think the smell will permeate the the communal entry way... but maybe I am being a bit naive. Right now I am am simply circulating the closet with a fan but I plan on putting a small intake and exhaust fan into the the closet... but waiting for my Dad to help me with the jigsaw. Living alone is great.... unless you have an accident... saw off a hand... or fall down in the shower ;)

I am up early as usual :)

G morning from me too.Its gonna be a good day its worth standing hahaha.I think we are the only one in the region that were online at this time on sunday hahahah

Please help with lights

Back
Top Bottom