Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017: LED & CFL & Sun

I'm excited for updated pics, thanks for sharing your voyage with us. Used equipment can be the way to go if you can find the right deal. Have fun.

420-magazine-mobile1563889376.jpg

Just rolled it for you in the meanwhile hahahah just for the anciozity of the PMs

..."Whoever sad best things in life are free...obviosly grew their own bud."...
Please help with lights

420-magazine-mobile1563889376.jpg

Just rolled it for you in the meanwhile hahahah just for the anciozity of the PMs

Please help with lights

Jealous! I am low on smoke right now. Gotta re up.

I just gave my first four ladies there first watering. They have been above/in soil about four days and I have only been spraying because their pots still had a bit of weight to them. I fully saturated the soil before potting. No nutrients yet even though I have them ready.

They are in biobizz allmix which is super rich soil so I think I can go at least two weeks no nutes. I have a few strong seedlings and a few a little behind the curve. . But that is why I started with ten. So I can pick the strongest ones and pray for a good female ratio.

420-magazine-mobile1752817636.jpg

I mean... they are still small but they were just born... and I think they switch from cfl to led stressed them out. The oldest still only broke soil on Thursday... so not bad for four days above soil.

I am going to try and keep the temps a little higher and see if that helps growth.

My ghetto rigged closet... I'm working on cleaning it up this week as I get paid and on the 28th ..
420-magazine-mobile1493627740.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It looks great .... congrats and hope dad helps you ..Just one question.You think cfls put out more light more in that position than to just hang above?(you have a lot of good free apps for light measurement in lux)
420-magazine-mobile868123715.jpg

This is me showing the app on my 5w house cfl)

Please help with lights

Just one question.You think cfls put out more light more in that position than to just hang above?

Absolutely! Barely ANY light emits from the tip of a cfl... Or most bulbs for that matter. That is why parabolic (umbrella style) reflectors do not work well. I think I read 90% of the light is emitted from the sides. You HAVE to hang them that way if you want them to work as grow lamps... that is why most reflectors you find hang the lamp sideways. Even a good parabolic reflector has the lamp hung horizontally.

Great work Kitty. I see youve found a germination technique. I'm loving those beautiful ladies. I appreciate you sharing this information. This noobs is on board for the journey .

Sent from my SM-G900P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Wait... you have a toilet AND a bidet in your spare bathroom?

And that fan... do they not have any consumer protection laws in Italy? I'm there! Natural selection is completely defeated by all the laws in the US.

Wait... you have a toilet AND a bidet in your spare bathroom?

Hahaha. In Italy ALL bathrooms have bidets! Its like a thing... Italians like to keep their bums clean!

And that fan... do they not have any consumer protection laws in Italy? I'm there! Natural selection is completely defeated by all the laws in the US.

My FAN! Oh you are the first to mention it! I LOVE that fan! Isn't it amazingly awful!?!? My home was left to me by my grandfather. I moved here to get clean as well as help take care of him for my family. He passed away about 9 months after I came. He died peacefully asleep in his own bed at the age of 94. It was sad but... in Italian we say 'a good death'.

I found that fan at the very back of one of the top shelves in the kitchen. Stored away for years. So that fan is TRUE vintage. I remember they had it when I was just a child because my mother would always be fussing about it to my Nonna. Saying it wasn't safe with a child in the house. I am not sure how old it is... I would guess from the 70's. Sure... I could go buy a new fan but that one is just TOO COOL! I love it. I love that I still come across cool stuff stored away at the back of old closets. I find the strangest things.

Hi Kitty I just changed everything up here. Cant fit the fan and filter in the tent so mounting the filter in the tent and the fan outside. I think that will work 6" ext. though the wall to fan in a differnt room. Sense I cant get a seed to germanate I have time to play around trying to get it right
happy growing

Oh and looking good I will follow your grow. I think some clf will help me too.
happy growing

Hey Mike! Thanks for stopping by my grow!

I didn't get my One week above soil pics up yet but I am going to take them today. Because not all my seeds germinated at the same time I have some varied growth. Also although looking healthy some of my leaves are funny shapes which I think is because of their 'dirty' genetics. Different plants are showing different characteristics. I actually did already pull one seedling. She popped and showed her little round leaves but seemed to be stopped in time as a sprout... no true leaves forming. I have 10... well 9 babies now and I can't keep them all. My plan was to trash the runts but its so hard to give up on these babies I have nursed from seed :-/

The cfls are a great way to supplement that Mars 300 until you can afford more LED. I am still trying to decide what light I will go with for flower. I think I am going to go for the MARS2 700... I wish I could afford the 900 or even the 1200 but it is just too much for me right now.

I left you a note about germination on your thread... trying to be as detailed as possible because I know how FRUSTRATED I was just two weeks ago. Seemed like everyone had an easy time getting their seedlings started except for me.

Once again... thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy following me on this adventure!

xxKitty

Quick photo update... These are the girls one week above soil. Well technically the larger seedlings were germinated first and the smaller ones 2 days behind... so the larger ones are a week above soil and the smaller ones only 5.
420-magazine-mobile93317935.jpg

I have a few leaf irregularities. Slightly deformed on some but they seem to be growing out of it. I think my 'dirty' genetics are at fault there. I am not too concerned because otherwise they look very healthy.

At the two week mark I am going to take more detailed photos and ask you guys which ones I should axe. I don't have enough space for 9 plants and the decision to throw out the runts is much more difficult than I thought it would be. I did toss one seedling (I have 9 left now) that seemed frozen in time. It was a waste of soil and space. It never sprouted it's true leaves and just remained like this until I pulled it yesterday afternoon... it had barely any roots when I pulled it so no regrets there...

420-magazine-mobile236197223.jpg

So nine are left... here is one more shot from an aerial perspective.

420-magazine-mobile1531715791.jpg

Nothing too special here.... just some little healthy seedlings... but they make me SOOOOO happy!

I am trying to decide on what lamp(s) I am going to add. I am happy with my mars 300. I have those two 30 watt cfls to help the smaller seedlings along and then I have two 150 watt cfls for later down the line. Still... I think I need more light.

I am considering leaving my closet as is and keeping it as a vegging area and buying a separate tent and lamp for flowering... allowing me the ability to have a perpetual garden. I am looking at the Mars2 700 if I go that route. We will see. I change my mind a lot.

Hahaha. In Italy ALL bathrooms have bidets! Its like a thing... Italians like to keep their bums clean!

My FAN! Oh you are the first to mention it! I LOVE that fan! Isn't it amazingly awful!?!? My home was left to me by my grandfather. I moved here to get clean as well as help take care of him for my family. He passed away about 9 months after I came. He died peacefully asleep in his own bed at the age of 94. It was sad but... in Italian we say 'a good death'.

I found that fan at the very back of one of the top shelves in the kitchen. Stored away for years. So that fan is TRUE vintage. I remember they had it when I was just a child because my mother would always be fussing about it to my Nonna. Saying it wasn't safe with a child in the house. I am not sure how old it is... I would guess from the 70's. Sure... I could go buy a new fan but that one is just TOO COOL! I love it. I love that I still come across cool stuff stored away at the back of old closets. I find the strangest things.

Quick photo update... These are the girls one week above soil. Well technically the larger seedlings were germinated first and the smaller ones 2 days behind... so the larger ones are a week above soil and the smaller ones only 5.
420-magazine-mobile93317935.jpg

I have a few leaf irregularities. Slightly deformed on some but they seem to be growing out of it. I think my 'dirty' genetics are at fault there. I am not too concerned because otherwise they look very healthy.

At the two week mark I am going to take more detailed photos and ask you guys which ones I should axe. I don't have enough space for 9 plants and the decision to throw out the runts is much more difficult than I thought it would be. I did toss one seedling (I have 9 left now) that seemed frozen in time. It was a waste of soil and space. It never sprouted it's true leaves and just remained like this until I pulled it yesterday afternoon... it had barely any roots when I pulled it so no regrets there...

420-magazine-mobile236197223.jpg

So nine are left... here is one more shot from an aerial perspective.

420-magazine-mobile1531715791.jpg

Nothing too special here.... just some little healthy seedlings... but they make me SOOOOO happy!

I am trying to decide on what lamp(s) I am going to add. I am happy with my mars 300. I have those two 30 watt cfls to help the smaller seedlings along and then I have two 150 watt cfls for later down the line. Still... I think I need more light.

I am considering leaving my closet as is and keeping it as a vegging area and buying a separate tent and lamp for flowering... allowing me the ability to have a perpetual garden. I am looking at the Mars2 700 if I go that route. We will see. I change my mind a lot.

Looking good Kitty. I'll be watching
I took your advice on the cups, and was able to post a couple pics as well. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom