Kraw420's First 420 Magazine Grow Log 2014 - 1 Tent - Dual 600's and a Bloombox

Yeah, I'm with you on that. If its late in flowering and it shows up I don't lose sleep over it. Oddly enough about 80% of the time I do see signs of a Hermaphrodite it usually is late in flowering, maybe stress caused by Bloom Boosters??!!??

Possibly plus just unstable genes somewere along the line the strains have been crossed and crossed and made to self polanate to create female seeds its gota stick somewere in the strain i think. But like u say late flowering herms dont bother me. Fingers crossed i dont jinx myself but iv never had a hermie early on to date. Or maybe i did actually in my girdt ever grow which was auto when autos were ridiculosly small plants yielding a few grams in the eatly days. Il be doing a single fim for sure on all my ladies this time. I prefer it to topping. Think im babbling

Possibly plus just unstable genes somewere along the line the strains have been crossed and crossed and made to self polanate to create female seeds its gota stick somewere in the strain i think. But like u say late flowering herms dont bother me. Fingers crossed i dont jinx myself but iv never had a hermie early on to date. Or maybe i did actually in my girdt ever grow which was auto when autos were ridiculosly small plants yielding a few grams in the eatly days. Il be doing a single fim for sure on all my ladies this time. I prefer it to topping. Think im babbling

Haha its all good brother. Yeah I fim pretty well every plant now I love it. I do like how strong the stems stay when you top though, as opposed to fimmming they tend to be alot thinner and weaker for the first little while anyways.

Just placed an order online for some Fabric Root Pouch Grow Bags, one 1 gallon to alter for the 18 oz solo cup contest and 6 3 gallon size with some Rapid Rooters.

From what I seen in past contests, Honestly no, they nice plants but that hard to win. but does not meant cant enter :)
Yeah, I knew the answer to my question already, thought id ask it anyways... Some very nice looking girls in those contests. Makes your mouth water..

QUICK UPDATE

I purchased some General Hydroponics - Sub Culture M today and applied it to my younger girls at a mixture of 3 ml per gallon of un chlorinated water.
I will also use it as a soil amendment for the beans I've started yesterday at a mixture of a tablespoon (15 ml) per cubic foot of medium
(Ultimate Purple & Kings Kush) I'll be documenting this grow in a separate journal to save us the confusion.

Worth a shot mate :)

Thanks Mac, yeah I don't see the hurt in trying. I'll pull girls out and take some pictures of them and see what I can come up with.

QUICK UPDATE

Tap roots showing on all my beans but 1 that I started yesterday morning ~36 hours for germination.
Mixing up Pro-Mix BX with Sub Culture-M for the kings Kush & Ultimate Purple.

Started the 5 day flush yesterday for the remaining Great White Sharks, and Chemdogs #18 and #19

Yeah, I'm with you on that. If its late in flowering and it shows up I don't lose sleep over it. Oddly enough about 80% of the time I do see signs of a Hermaphrodite it usually is late in flowering, maybe stress caused by Bloom Boosters??!!??

What you are seeing is not a hermaphroditic plant. Female cannabis plants produce female pollen sacks sometimes in flower to try to continue on the genetic line by pollinating itself.

Like you said, as long as you pluck/cut/whatever them before they release their pollen you will avoid a seeded crop. Make sure to spray the surrounding buds with water, as well as the pollen sack you are about to remove to kill any pollen and avoid pollen getting onto your bud and pollinating your plant. Water+Pollen=no seeds (hopefully!)

Hey green thumb i see what your saying but is tgat not still a plang herming? Producing male flowers as well as female? I get what your saying though its the last ditch effort to fall pregnant lol usually around the time things start fox tailing

Good news on your tap roots kraw congrats :)

What you are seeing is not a hermaphroditic plant. Female cannabis plants produce female pollen sacks sometimes in flower to try to continue on the genetic line by pollinating itself.

Like you said, as long as you pluck/cut/whatever them before they release their pollen you will avoid a seeded crop. Make sure to spray the surrounding buds with water, as well as the pollen sack you are about to remove to kill any pollen and avoid pollen getting onto your bud and pollinating your plant. Water+Pollen=no seeds (hopefully!)

Did some research and understand now what you are saying. You can have pollen sacks without the banana (male flower beginnings) appearing. Just deal with those as GT suggests and you are good to go. Thanks for the info GT.

So what your saying, is the yellow banana looking pollen sack sticking out from the bud, is a female pollen sack? I would have to object to that. Also male pollen would give you seeds, your saying female pollen does as well? Maybe im not understanding your post properly?

Did some research and understand now what you are saying. You can have pollen sacks without the banana (male flower beginnings) appearing. Just deal with those as GT suggests and you are good to go. Thanks for the info GT.

Ahh, I guess we all got a little confused there on that one,

Hey green thumb i see what your saying but is tgat not still a plang herming? Producing male flowers as well as female? I get what your saying though its the last ditch effort to fall pregnant lol usually around the time things start fox tailing

Good news on your tap roots kraw congrats :)

Thankks man, I also thought that as long as a plant had male and female parts it is a hermie, still considered a hermie. I don't believe you can produce seeds through female pollen on a female plant?!? I may be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom