Krissi's Side Project: Gorillas Like Lemons, Too - Photoperiod 2021

Yea had an awesome crissy and new year,pretty quiet
COVID is closing its grip on oz ATM .
How about yourself

Christmas parties got everyone in the family sick. Mostly stomach flu some came came with covid. My better half was one of them so I spent New Years with a glass of Pinot Noir and some dark chocolate covered cashews watching Ancient Aliens lol you have it in your house??!!

Maybe I do need a fan cover or just to actually be more aware...Gigi shot 3 inches overnight and I misjudged her height to the distance of the fan...at least it wasn't as bad as what I did to G when she grew into the light overnight and I burned her top cola lol

So with that said, had to throw some tape on her...also cleaned her up a little in the middle and her bottom that will never see light.

Gonna flip her to week 1 flower nutes next feed. Got water and cal-mag today

20220106_121258.jpg

20220106_121324.jpg

20220106_121334.jpg

Christmas parties got everyone in the family sick. Mostly stomach flu some came came with covid. My better half was one of them so I spent New Years with a glass of Pinot Noir and some dark chocolate covered cashews watching Ancient Aliens lol you have it in your house??!!
There's a newer documentary on Netflix about UFO's.. I think it's a 6 episode limited series just released. It was pretty good.

Maybe I do need a fan cover or just to actually be more aware...G shot 3 inches overnight and I misjudged her height to the distance of the fan...at least it wasn't as bad as what I did to G when she grew into the light overnight and I burned her top cola lol

So with that said, had to throw some tape on her...also cleaned her up a little in the middle and her bottom that will never see light.

Gonna flip her to week 1 flower nutes next feed. Got water and cal-mag today

20220106_121258.jpg

20220106_121324.jpg

20220106_121334.jpg
I'd hate to be tall in your house.

I'd hate to be tall in your house.
I think this house was built for me specifically. Anything or anyone taller is cursed. As for the Alien doc, what was it called?? I guess I can just look it up. Im an alien fan lol

Wow it reads pretty top shelf aye
I can't wait to see it in action..
@Krissi1982 I am slowly catching up lol,wealth of info,love it
46f9a4ff48918393a5dc93b818a1dde7.jpg
A LITTLE ABOUT MY NUTRIENTS

**HANDCRAFTED IN SMALL BATCHES AND USED EXCLUSIVELY IN SOME OF OREGON'S PREMIER GARDENS SINCE 2007**

@Prescription Blend uses only "organic, non GMO plant extracts, minerals from biological sources and traditional ingredients".

It is a complete 6 part nutrient kit optimized in medical gardens for use with both hydroponic, coco and soil and brewed to exacting standards. It's 6 components are:

BIO-SI-Liquid innoculent with nitrogen and potassium. A broad and diverse spectrum of naturally occurring, beneficial soil derived microbes.

CORE A-Primary macro-nutrients(Phosphorus, Postassium, Sulfur, Magnesium and fully chelated micronutrients with an amino acid-complex)

CORE B-Nitrogen, Potassium, Calcium

BIG DATA (FLOWER ONLY) Changes NPK ratio

KELPFUL- Combination of several varieties from the N. Atlantic and Tasmanian Islands, loaded with organic fulvic acids

PRECURSOR 1-Metabolic Booster

Prescription Blend is the "result of understanding plant physiology and biochemistry, good old fashioned testing, and responsible gardening practices for a TRUE prescription grade harvest".

Their main mission is to "provide your garden with the highest quality nutrients in a way that preserves our planet"-they even ship in plain brown boxes to reduce footprints!

**Encourages cell division and rapid growth

**Improved nutrient uptake through chelation to organic fulvic acids

**A highly absorbable nitrogen profile that allows plants to orient to capture light as well as build plant tissues

**Their variety of components naturally supports the plants biological signaling, flower growth and development of trichomes

**Drives enzyme function to store and transport energy

**Creates building blocks for oils and terpens while promoting root growth and flower set

RAVING REVIEWS:

"BEST NUTRIENTS I EVER USED"

"THE BEST ORGANIC NUTRIENTS MONEY CAN BUY"

"WHOA!!!!"

"THE CLEAR WINNER IN QUALITY NUTRIENTS"

"ABSOLUTELY UNDERRATED, DO NOT OVERLOOK"

:yahoo:

Prescription Blend comes in the best packaging and is easily storable and easy to pour!!

The feeding chart is extremely straight forward and easy to follow

a0feb51ba2e2bec8636181568bb44883.jpg

This is a fantastic sponsorship with a fantastic product. It is well balanced, well researched and doted on by the growing community.

The only non-organic additions to these nutrients will be the applications, if necessary, of Cal-Mag and PH down.

SOIL ADDENDUMS:

I will be implementing organic Epsom salt foliar sprays, epsom salt and earthworm casting toppings and a soil addendum upon transplants that includes a 3:1 ratio of Epsom salt to organic cane sugar directly beneath root placement along with 2c of earthworm castings mixed directly into the soil.

My SOIL of choice is:

Fox Farm Ocean Forest

My SEEDLING GROW MEDIUM of choice is:

An Organic Jiffy Seed Starting Mix of coconut coir, peat moss, and vermiculite

I'm extremely excited to use this specific combination of nutrients, mediums and organic supplements on this grow.

I can only imagine the magic that will come.

Grow set up info to come over the next several days along with Pest Prevention practices, temp and RH numbers, methadology and training, seedling habitation information, and a detailed strain breakdown..

20211006_185705.jpg

20211018_145639.jpg

20211018_223651.jpg

20211018_223555.jpg

20211018_223559.jpg

Moving on with the breakdown...

Since I am avoiding the use of any brand names in this particular journal besides my nutrient provider, this will be relatively short and simple!

What kinda space you working with girl?

Veg tent dimensions 24 x 24 X 60 w a 4-inch inline, carbon filter, and duct

Flower tent dimensions 48 x 48 x 80 w a 6-inch inline, carbon filter, and duct

LIGHTING-it matters

Veg Tent: 150W Dimmable LED and...

Either a 6-60W full spectrum fixture or an additional 100W Dimmable LED will also be behind the main light. I have yet to decide which would better suit my growing needs for this tent this grow-round. I will update when I know my final decision.

Flower Tent: 480W multi-strip LED

Pest Prevention-God let it rain ladybugs

2a7c41c9650f0840c9367bd0ec8fb7a3.jpg

I have recently started implementing Mosquito Dunks into my feeds, use the good ol ugly yellow sticky hanging fly traps and insecticidal soap. If the Good Lord would just give me a ladybug colony in my attic I would be forever indebted more than I already am.

Temperature and Humidity:

Seedlings and very early veg start off at about 70% RH working their way down through the vegetative process to around 65-60 then in flower to around 50-60.

Seedlings start at no less than 80 degrees no more than 85

Veggies hold between 78 and 82

Flower 78-84 during the day, 70-76 at night

*Note*
Some strains prefer more heat and humidity in Mediterranean like conditions while some flourish in less humid, cooler temperatures

SEEDLING HABITATION:

I do not dome my seedlings. They are not started in solo cups or a seedling starter kit, rather in 4in plastic pots with 8 drain holes underneath. As aforementioned, my medium for them is a mix of coconut coir, peat moss and vermiculite. After about 2 weeks they are ready to be re-homed.

Seedling feed:

@Prescription Blend provides a feeding schedule of 1-2ml p/gl both CORE A and CORE B during this developmental stage

Up-potting: With FFOF

This grow will move from its initial 4 in pot to a 3 gl self feed then to a 5 gl self feed and finally to an 8gl. 5gl transfer occurs before the start of 12/12. Then before flowering commences, a move to the 8gl is made.

Methadology and Training:

adbb5513cd60757d83c51a276cf77d24.jpg

No, I don't use the canna-bonsai method but it's a pretty radical idea...

For this particular grow, as she is a Photoperiod, I will be using the following methods in my growing madness:

HST bend and snap

End of Flower Droughting

End of Flower increase in dark time

I do not LST my photos and do not begin HST until around week 6/7 of veg. I like to gold my girls to veg between 7 and 9 weeks.

Last but not least, detailed strain information and set up pics to come before germination commences this weekend.

So for now...
Yo
I had 2 lady beets in my last tent grow , they work great

Sorry bro
We have 8 cats 1 dog 14 guinea pigs and a bird so we love our animals

16415959067762959942848898034870.jpg

16415959604106405612131863994687.jpg
Omg I want to come house sit for you for a week.
I miss my Chewy.
And just two cats it's not the same.
Post the rest of the team :love: when you get time my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Silly questions from oz
What is a Chinchilla??? Lol

Sorry bro
We have 8 cats 1 dog 14 guinea pigs and a bird so we love our animals

16415959067762959942848898034870.jpg

16415959604106405612131863994687.jpg
Omg they are to die for!!! Her rolls!!! His blue belly! I want to see em all!
Omg I want to come house sit for you for a week.
I miss my Chewy.
And just two cats it's not the same.
Post the rest of the team :love: when you get time my friend.

Stay safe
Bill
Awwww Bill...much love to you!!
Of course
Sharing is caring in OZ lol
You Aussies...nice folk..I have family there somewhere btw
Our home is a castle of rainbow groovy aye
Groovy baby!
That my friend is exactly why we are all here bro that is nice nug.
Has that fully cured in jar or no bro ??
Cheers
Hey man...ja....that one is all cured. It was a half and half indoor outdoor grow. I took it over for a friend. Dunno what her seed was! Great smoke though!
Go get em I say , they hard to kill really aye
Cheers
They are...super hard to kill yet I see em killed every day!

Forgot to update well didn't forget, I clonked out...

Here's last night..I'll check back later with pics of today! In the dark with her 2 friends....

20220107_210704.jpg

20220107_210650.jpg

20220107_212541.jpg

Back
Top Bottom