Kush Van Stitch 60 Day From Seed

wrongdog

I decided to post my first grow journal after I saw how this pair has taken off.

Strain: Kush Van Auto by Flash Seeds

Advertised as ready to havest at 60 days from seed with 19% THC and over 5% CBD at 25-50 grams per plant. This is my first auto grow, but I expect that it will take a more than 60 to produce good CBD, but I am super excited about the progress so far.

Medium:
PH between 5.8 and 6.2
Soil+coco+perlite at roughly 33% each.

Nutes and Stuff:
Fox Farm trio nutes
Mammoth P
Terpinator

Lights:
Various LEDs through different phases from 50 watt starter panel, 150 watt UFO LEDS, 300 and 800 watt LED panels and a 400 watt COB LED panel and Sunshine (when available)

They are on a 20/4 schedule and I've been putting them in the sun when the weather is clear (not often). I am currently on day 27 of the grow - let me catch you up.

Day 7
I planted two seeds in jiffy plugs - both germinated and grew roots quickly. I put them in a small container on day 7 after germination.

kvs1.jpeg

Day 11
Growing well under a 50 watt led panel I use for starts. At this point, these girls are roughly the same size as other girlsI started at the same time.

kvs2.jpeg

Day 16
They're starting to take off and grow now.

kvs3.jpeg

Look how evenly spaced and uniform they are.

kvs4.jpeg

Day 20
Started the nutes on day 20 and the weather finally cleared up so they got to spend a few days outside. I use Fox Farms Trio at about 3/4 strength and some Mammoth P.

kvs5.jpeg

Still very consistent growth between the two.

kvs6.jpeg

Day 27
The sun and the nutes worked magic on them! All of these plants have had roughly equal light and water, but the Kush Van Stitch girls are stetching way above the photoperid veg girls have already started flowering!

kvs8.jpeg

They have grown uniformely between themselves, but tower over this fast growing photo-period of the same age.

kvs7.jpeg

Seeing flower starts this soon into the grow amazed me!

kvs10.jpeg

I will keep this updated all the way through the short grow - but so far I am extremely impressed with these!

So, I woke up this morning with a sudden realization: my girls had started flowering and they weren't in their final containers yet! The recent growth explosion had to be happening under the dirt too - but it had only been a week an a half since I moved them to the one gallon bags.

So, medium building time. I use a loose mix - about even parts soil, coco and perlite. (Note that the Ocean Forrest soil mix comes with a fairly high percent of perlite so I mix in less of that than the others base ingredients

medium-1.jpeg

Mix is up good and we are ready to go

medium-2.jpeg

I'm put them into 4 gallon smart pots - which should be enough to hold them to the finish.

kvs12.jpeg

After potting, I watered them with FoxFarms first week of flower recommended dosage, some Mammoth P and Terpinator.

I put the PH in at ~ 5.8 and read 6.1 coming out the bottom of the bag. An insert confirmed 5.9 ~ 6.0 PH near the roots. I had some problems on my last grow with PH, so I check it carefully to keep everybody happy.

Its cloudy here today, so back in the grow tent they go. A few hours later and they seem to be loving their new digs.

kvs13.jpeg

I really love their Christmas tree shape - even though their height differences with others makes light arrangements a pain. This is my first grow where I haven't topped or LST to keep the plants all at the same heights - but at 60 days, there is no time to top these girls. I was hoping for more sun this spring so they could mostly live outside - we'll see how next week shapes up.

I'll keep a close eye and see how they take to the repot.

I don't think I mentioned this before, but this is my second grow. I am just harvesting my first.

When I repotted the two girls two days ago, they each measured 15 inches. This morning I measured them both at an identical 18 inches - so they seem to be looking the new root space.

But when I took these pictures, I knew I needed to share!

Straight on, nice Christmas tree shape - even though the node spacing is rather big, they are still very sturdy. Note the symmetry:

420-magazine-mobile476961101.jpg

Now look at it from above - it's a perfect cross!

420-magazine-mobile1714480482.jpg

I've never grown much of anything - let alone a fast growing auto. I would love to have some feedback on how they look.

Day 34: Watering Day & Sunshine!:

Today was watering day and just sunny enough to put the girls out in the sun for a few hours.

ph: 6.0 in and 6.2 out
Nutes:
10 ml FF Big Bloom
7 ml FF Tiger Bloom
2.5 ml CalMag
2.5 ml Mamoth P

They are under an 800 watt LED back by a 150 watt LED, but keep stretching - measuring in at 27 and 28 inches!

kvs14.jpeg

The symmetry in these plants amaze me!

kvs15.jpeg

Their height compared to the other seedlings I started at the same time is so striking that it has created some awkward height differences in the grow room. This is a fun experiment to learn how the plant naturally grows, but I will definitely LST next time
for space management! I don't know what I expected with an auto - but I think I expected it to stay naturally short.

So - any advise would help. Are these things growing right? All their crib mates are short and bushy. I feel like I have plenty of light: 800 watt LED, 400 watt COB Led and two 150 watt LEDs in a 4x4 tent. Why are these guys stretching so much?

Subbed! :goodjob:

Was just thinking about buying some seeds of KVS right before I found your journal. By the looks of it, I think they would be perfect for a tandem run with my current outdoor run. Yeah definitely going to be closer to the 75 day mark, I don't see any chopping being done at 60.

Great job so far, keep us posted!

Day 34: Watering Day & Sunshine!:
Today was watering day and just sunny enough to put the girls out in the sun for a few hours.

Nice to find someone else moving their plants in and out depending on the weather. I have the dreaded "June Gloom" her in SoCal and it's extending into July now. But your indoor setup is WAY more extensive than mine. I'm just trying to do some supplemental light with CFLs to try to make up for the lack of daytime lux.

Love the shape of those plants. I think you should grow one in December and hang some lights on it!

Subbed...

Nice to find someone else moving their plants in and out depending on the weather. I have the dreaded "June Gloom" her in SoCal and it's extending into July now. But your indoor setup is WAY more extensive than mine. I'm just trying to do some supplemental light with CFLs to try to make up for the lack of daytime lux.

Love the shape of those plants. I think you should grow one in December and hang some lights on it!

Subbed...

Damn, looks like I killed this thread!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom