Lambs Breath Autoflower

Day 88 day 59 flower - harvest day

Took the plant out after 60 hours of darkness at 16c and 34% RH. Didnt notice any stronger smells....might help if temp were higher next time maybe? Anyways i may give this another try next time.

Had a buddy come over to check out the plant then we trimmed it up and i bud washed...it was pretty quick but i will probably do a quick trim again after hanging. ill put a couple bags in fridge and the rest will be hung at 60% & 16c for 7-10 days.
Overall buds seemed okay, They arent dense and smell mediocre. This plant did not finish strong as i expected, swelling was minimal with lots of foxtails up till the end. May use a bud booster next grow.
I did expect more from mega crop, i really felt the grow went fairly well with almost no issues. Did not experience any major deficencies except for dark leaves during mid to end of flower but yet quality not really there. Another reason could be the short veg time it had at 23 days when it was in preflower. Next grows are photos and so will build bigger roots, hopefully meaning bigger and denser buds.

Thanks everyone for following this grow! Feel free to join in my ongoing semi perpetual!

Stay save everyone!!

N
20200403_162050.jpg
20200403_162044.jpg

Attachments

• 20200403_190443.jpg
    20200403_190443.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 73
:snowboating: Good job, man! Please tell me about that red thing that you hang them on.

Looks great man!! What plant are you looking at? That plants gorgeous :bravo:
:snowboating: Good job, man! Please tell me about that red thing that you hang them on.

Thanks guys!

Its a foldable clothes hanger from dollarstore. Best investment for $3 i think it was. All buds have good space to properly dry

Got a few more pics of the buds...will see how they are once dried.

Couple pics of foxtailing too...interesting little things

20200404_115953.jpg
20200404_115850.jpg
20200404_115845.jpg

Tested out a nug today after 5 days of drying. So it smells like hay....straight up, not sure why but none of my previous has ever had this smell. I sampled a small nug and got me and the gf pretty lit, she said she just read over a sentence like 20 times :laughtwo:.
Good stuff so far but yeah.... smells alot like hay...wait to see if it goes away.

Good stuff so far but yeah.... smells alot like hay...wait to see if it goes away.
That's the chlorophyll in the plant and as it properly dries that dissipates. During the cure the flavors and smells are brought out.
It's the main reason why burping jars/turkey bags is so important.

That's the chlorophyll in the plant and as it properly dries that dissipates. During the cure the flavors and smells are brought out.
It's the main reason why burping jars/turkey bags is so important.
I sure hope so i literally cannot smell any weed. Jarring it at 62% will bring the smell out? Itll smell like chlorophyll while burping then?

Could it be leaving it in darkness for 48+ hours in 16c temp?

I sure hope so i literally cannot smell any weed. Jarring it at 62% will bring the smell out? Itll smell like chlorophyll while burping then?

Could it be leaving it in darkness for 48+ hours in 16c temp?
Yes, but you need to burp the jars at least twice a day.
It can take up to six weeks but for the most part mine is gone within a couple of weeks.

Darkness or temps would not create the hay smell or or prevent it from dissipating from the buds.

Yes, but you need to burp the jars at least twice a day.
It can take up to six weeks but for the most part mine is gone within a couple of weeks.

Darkness or temps would not create the hay smell or or prevent it from dissipating from the buds.

Thanks for clarifying...i didnt think it would make sense either but I'm only going off my experience and coincidently the only one I ever put in darkness is the one that has strongest hay smell. I took a few colas and put them in a jar and it's registering at 68%, is this good to stay in jar and burped daily or does it need to go back in the drying tent a couple days longer?

I took a few colas and put them in a jar and it's registering at 68%, is this good to stay in jar and burped daily or does it need to go back in the drying tent a couple days longer?
If it's in a turkey bag then yes, but with jars I'd wait until you hit 64% before jarring up. Turkey bags you can fill with air, like a ballon, and the buds use the drier air in the bag to lower the RH in the buds. Jars have no head space so you risk the chance of mold if you're not careful at those higher RH levels.

If it's in a turkey bag then yes, but with jars I'd wait until you hit 64% before jarring up. Turkey bags you can fill with air, like a ballon, and the buds use the drier air in the bag to lower the RH in the buds. Jars have no head space so you risk the chance of mold if you're not careful at those higher RH levels.

Smell is beginning to come back...but prematured taking them from the hangers and jarring them i didnt wait long enough with them in the jar to show actual humidity. Up to 75% in jar so i need to figure out a way to dry them again...what about throwing it in a paper bag in the fridge? hanging is no longer an option as i snipped all the stems off.

Ended up putting in paperbag and fridge...will leave it in there for a couple days and hopefullly go down to less than 70%

I usually just leave the jars open for longer periods of time when burping. I harvested my gc clone into a jar two days ago, was crispy dry. When burped then, they were soft and somewhat moist. Left the jar off till lunch and then they had a bit of a crisp again. Put the jar back on and will check them again shortly

what about throwing it in a paper bag in the fridge?
It's the only way I dry mine. Don't roll the flaps closed and don't overfill the bags. Lay them flat and check them daily. If they feel dry place them in a jar for a couple of hours and check the RH. If it's still high throw them back in the fridge. Try not to put more than an ounce in each paper bag.

Buds look nice mate
looks like I’ve been away longer than I thaught but was good catching back up on your grow
That hay smell had me shitting the first time I dried my first grow but they always come back smelling great after the curing starts

Trimmed buds look great, but looking at the leaves at harvest could be one reason that the plant might not have given you what you expected. Any plant that struggles won't have the chance to live up to its potential, and autos in particular.
I did expect more from mega crop, i really felt the grow went fairly well with almost no issues. Did not experience any major deficencies except for dark leaves during mid to end of flower but yet quality not really there.
I think that because folks are giving MC such high marks that others who are trying it out are expecting some sort of miracle nute. There's not that much that MC does for you in terms of harvest that you can't get from any other legitimate nutrient line once you figure out how to use them. Nitrogen is nitrogen etc. The MC advantage is the simplicity and the huge cost savings, not that you can grow that 500 pound pumpkin in some fertilizer ads!

Even some of the folks with terrific looking plants at the end aren't happy with the final harvests. Each grow is another opportunity to learn.

Back
Top Bottom