Landrace Genetics 101

Well gang ,Its back in the saddle for me..I got some Wild Thailand seeds from World of Seeds via Herbies.Any one ever try these.i have been looking to buy some Thai weed up here now that its legal but no luck.this kid made his own Thai stick that he guessed would pass as he "did his homework"? What? He was just guessing what would be Thai like??.haha.. Right then i thought i need to grow some and show these youngsters what i'm talking about.Any thought? .....Here's to season 2016 Happy Hemping ,Red PS is name dropping cool?

Hmm I guess nobody's grown that ever.

I grew a WOS Wild Thailand and was singularly unimpressed, one of the reasons I didn't pipe up right away. It was so bad that I figured it had to be a seed mixup. It was nothing like a Thai. :straightface: It was short and fat and ... meh. It's somewhere in my first journal I think. I took to calling it Bland Topeka.

I looked up the day I chopped it ... :

Graytail's Cupwinners in High Brix Soil - 4x4 - 600W HPS - Perpetual

I have a Wild Thai from WOS roughly 7 weeks into bloom. I didn't veg her at all and topped once. She was in the shadows of a monster Purple Haze for the first half of her life. She has grown exponentially better since I culled the PH monster. She has a real triangle look to her flowers. She's in Roots Organic 707/FFOF mix. No fertilizer given to her yet. She's been swelling a lot the last couple weeks but is starting to slow down. I'd give a smoke report, but I don't get them lol. My girl is a cancer fighter and the benefits of cannabis have treated her well. She appreciates every bump. With such enjoyment comes a complete lack of criticism and any chance of a real report. Anyway, here she is first. The 2nd is a Maui Waui as I think she may qualify as a landrace as well?? Anyway, I hope they turn out well. She sampled a quick dry of the Maui tonight. Great thread peeps!

image8751.jpeg
image8752.jpeg
image8753.jpeg
image8754.jpeg

Now she actually looks like a Thai :passitleft:

Hey ,Thanks for the info and some hope...Hey Graytail,sorry it didn't work but glad to hear others have had some success..I am just hoping for that one of a kind smell..mmmmm Oh and a head kicking high too haha....Does your have that old school smell? Thanks ,Red

So here is a new one to me..In with the Thai seeds came a free Obsession seed...Well it sprouts and its a double header !! Two stems came from one seed..I am hoping to separate them and get a free be.Anyone ever get a double yoker before. sorry for no pictures my laptop won't take the pictures?? anyway happy hemping,Red

I saw a double yolker somewhere on this forum a couple years ago, but I can't remember who it was ... maybe PeeJay? I think he had a smaller second pair of cotyledons shoot out of the soil, that never caught up but matured along with its sister.

I can't imagine a way to separate them ... :hmmmm:

Cool! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I will try and get a picture.There is two separate plants.I don't know whats under the soil..I will keep you posted... They are both the same size right now, only 1 inch max..red

I will try and get a picture.There is two separate plants.I don't know whats under the soil..I will keep you posted... They are both the same size right now, only 1 inch max..red

They could probably be separated once they grow enough of a root system to handle the damage of tearing them apart- but I wouldn't see an advantage. Two plants could be grown in the same pot no problem. Kind of a novelty having that double plant too. It would be interesting to see if they're identical phenos (presumably they would be?)

Well I slowly opened it up around the roots and gently separated them..There was lots of fuzz so I think they will be ok...i hope. I thought of letting it go but 2 for 1 is ok too... And check out the Afghan ,Hope the top comes off soon. I lost one once.The pod stayed on too long and stunted the plant...Hey I'm optimistic.I keeping it moist ..See ya Red
tail_lites_021.JPG
tail_lites_026.JPG
knuckle_head.JPG

What is an Afghan? I can't find any information online for a strain just called Afghan

I received 20 free seeds with an order from Herbies last summer; are they worth growing.....? Is it special enough to offset the aggro of growing regulars?
Afghan = Afghan Kush aka. Afghani. A generic indica from Afghanistan.

What is an Afghan? I can't find any information online for a strain just called Afghan

I received 20 free seeds with an order from Herbies last summer; are they worth growing.....? Is it special enough to offset the aggro of growing regulars?

I recently recieved pure Afghani from a dispensary. It was a reserve batch so a little more expensive. That being said, it was one of the most pleasing evening/bedtime smokes I have had, light euphoria mixed with heavy sedative effects, exactly what I look for. I am a mostly indica smoker who uses it for chronic pain and PTSD, I am patiently awaiting my free seeds from Herbies to try and find one that was that good :volcano-smiley:. As far as calculating if they are worth to grow its very difficult due to variables outside our control . I am going to grow mine in my small space and hope for the best.
0323161129.jpg

:Namaste: &:wood:

I actually liked my free seeds better than the ones I bought last year. I chased down some "Timewarp" seeds.I want to find a good outdoor /green house weed to grow for The Great Northwet. Timewarp is from Vancouver Island and has been there for 30 + years.Very hardy and was spossed to finish early..it didn't and it wasn't the best smoke. could it have been old seeds? They were the last of there batch. I couldn't find any seeds locally so I ordered them from the other side of the world haha..Anyway they came with one free Strawberry Blue seed :thumb: It come out great,no mold,,good high and smells nice.and it had seeds..... Got to go,Red Ok I'm back...Yes the free Strawberry was a treat indeed..It had seeds really early and I'm going to plant them soon.Yea the seeds came out before the male was even a punk....The seeds,one at a time would be on the stem near a branch. I'm excited to see how they turn out. Anyway, plant those freebies......I have been disappointed on a couple of free auto's, but life is not perfect and you just have to roll with it....right ?...The Afghans had there seed hat on too long and look a little funk..i'll get a picture. I hope they can shake it..Happy Hemping for 2016,Red

I have had real good luck with freebies.
My Tude freebie of Dutch Passion White Widow is still the top strain I have grown so far.
other Tudes are Dinafem Diesel, and Dinachem, Sweet Seeds Green Poison, and THSeeds Sage and Sour are in my top ten.
So half of my top ten strains have been freebies.
Better than some of the over hyped strains I have bought.

Back
Top Bottom