Landrace Genetics 101

Ha!

That reminds me of a societal oddity I discovered some years ago ...

A search for "christian BDSM", specifically, gets about 16,900 hits. :thedoubletake:

Fundamental Christian BDSM without the quotes gets about 3,060,000 results.

... cannabis is rarer? :laugh:

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Ha!

That reminds me of a societal oddity I discovered some years ago ...

A search for "christian BDSM", specifically, gets about 16,900 hits. :thedoubletake:

Fundamental Christian BDSM without the quotes gets about 3,060,000 results.

... cannabis is rarer? :laugh:

:cheesygrinsmiley:

:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: growing up in a Christian environment too.. EVERYTHING was forbidden fruit.

Ditto for me, K thru 12th grade. I was always asking questions and getting punished for not swallowing without tasting and commenting. I'm not sure how many hours I spent holding a bible in each outstretched arm on my knees! Still, I wouldn't swallow blindly.
Those poor nuns and brothers had their hands full with me, but overall it was a positive upbringing. In today's PC world, I'm sure they or I would be considered criminals. Those ass whoopings were usually very deserved and earned! It did make me question everything at a young age, since I knew there were so many other human derived belief systems in practice. Two years of classes in "World Religions" in a Christian high school was very unusual, but times were changing and so did the schools curriculum. That's probably why the school is still tops in academics and produces functional graduates in today's society.

Keith

Here are some pics of a Colombian Gold strain from World of Seeds. Seems like a bit an early flower for a sativa.

He says its ready to pick any day now. I might disagree but eh. . .

KIMG2292.jpg
KIMG2294.jpg
KIMG2296.jpg
KIMG2297.jpg
KIMG2298.jpg
KIMG2299.jpg
KIMG2300.jpg
KIMG2302.jpg

:love::love::love::love::love:

I miss 13-fingered (or more) leaves.

Nice! Still a lot of green on that outdoor cutie.

Agreed, needs weeks more for my tastes, but to each their own. Congrats on the plant!

Keith

Lazyfish, so what's happened to your Thai, man?

A new fresh start. Just ordered some landrace genetics from world of seeds.

For sativa I will be doing the Columbian Gold from the Santa Marta Mountains (oh what memories) as well as the Thai. The Thai I grew in 76' was a great 4" ball of joy. Never pinched her but she was as round as could be.

My Indica is the famous Afghan Kush from the Hindu Kush area.

All regular seeds as this will be the start of a new breeding project. I also want to maintain the native genetics of the landrace strains.

Oh ya 1-12 in a catholic institution. I came out ok with morals. Who woulda thought.

Here's a question that I see come up once in awhile on the forum, and it's actually an issue I face most days. Don't know why I haven't thought to do anything much about it before. Too stoned I guess. Forgot to remember...
Weaker weed. Does anyone sell a nice sativa landrace that's low thc- like 5%? Like most of the stuff we used to smoke?
I love Malawi. I love the Thai strains and various sativa crosses I have going. But they're all pretty strong. Mama Thai I can smoke a fair pile of if I ease into it a little and don't mind staying up all night. Malawi is wonderful but I just smoke little pipes full or it gets too speedy. I'd love to have a weaker Malawi that I could smoke fatties of.
There's a big space in my life for a weaker version of those sativas. I miss the weed I used to smoke in Thailand, and for that matter the imported Thai and Jamaican we used to get in the early 80s. Almost all of it was weak, but good- full of seeds. I didn't save any. It seems like such a simple thing, since the world is full of weak seeded pot. But do any seedbanks sell anything like this?

weaker version. But do any seedbanks sell anything like this?

interesting thought. The good old Dirt Weed.

are ya looking for something you can smoke a ton of and still function. Or just a more mellowed not so overwhelming (and still sativa I get that)
Have ya tried a thc/cbd balanced? I dunno if that would help.

Really good old question About strain hunting !

i would almost bet there is a breeder like Ace that has sativa like that but maybe doesn't market it.

Good luck

Get into the Mexican stuff, they're around 5-10% THC basically and they produce fantastic warm and fuzzy but very functional buzz. I also remember Ace's Tikal being lightweight, that was a hybrid however. Most of Indian and Nepalese stuff will be very light too, and these are fantastic if you go charas or dry sift :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom