Landrace Genetics 101

This thread is so informative. Searching for Ace seed strains is the reason i'm here. I learnt a lot.:thanks:

This is a great thread for landrace information. conradino23 did a great job starting this thread. 420mag has a bunch of growers who run ACE seed strains, there is a much experience with ACE seeds and journals.

I am running the shorter hybrid of PCKxKali-China Yunnan from ACE seeds, in the last 2 years it is the most vigorous strain I have grown. FWIW, I have extreme height limits in my grow. I have to train and keep them short. I would love to run every strain from ACE if i could. Which reminds me I have some training to do today, my tops need bent over ; - )

ACE seeds have been grown by many here with great results...including Graytail, me, neikodog, & other doc bud followers. there are others who's names escape me..sorry. :lot-o-toke:

Hand goes up over here...

I finally just got my Honduran seeds and have a couple sprouted and in the ground as of two days ago. Also planted two more Golden Tiger. Still running Malawi, of course, the first Panama is most of the way through flowering now, and Peyote Purple is revegging.

I got more info about the Honduran and it sounds pretty stretchy since Ace suggested only vegging it for two weeks. I didn't read that till after...

ACE seeds have been grown by many here with great results...including Graytail, me, neikodog, & other doc bud followers. there are others who's names escape me..sorry. :lot-o-toke:

My memory fades but the only one I could think of recently journaled is SmokeyMcFly and Duggan (did a zamal hash not to long ago),
Well there is Weaselcracker (post right above me,) I followed his journal too:adore:

that list is pretty good taste of ACE genetics in journals. And I bet most of them past thru this thread at one point.

If I had the room I think I would start with golden tiger, but i dunno?

And don't forget about Tikal - a Guatemaulan Haze.

I still have a jar or two and it's a very nice example of Central American weed - more potent than a typical landrace, with a great mid-size growing habit - easy stuff. The only drawback is that it doesn't stop blooming! :laugh:

Their African strains - Malawi, Zamaldelica - are also particularly great examples.

Hand goes up over here...

I finally just got my Honduran seeds and have a couple sprouted and in the ground as of two days ago. Also planted two more Golden Tiger. Still running Malawi, of course, the first Panama is most of the way through flowering now, and Peyote Purple is revegging.

I got more info about the Honduran and it sounds pretty stretchy since Ace suggested only vegging it for two weeks. I didn't read that till after...

yeah!! weaselcracker!! he grows ACE
:rofl:

i too grew(I love it) Golden Tiger and their Zamaldelica

I'd also get into Cannabiogen as most of early Ace's strains come from this stock. Garcia has Colombian, African and Mexican stuff, which can be pretty stellar. Nepalese and Indian strains if you're into this kind of thing can be bought from Real Seed Company, low THC family so can be good for folks looking into calmer sativas. I'm going with Colombian Gold 72 this year from USC, it might be genuine :passitleft:

This is a great thread for landrace information. conradino23 did a great job starting this thread. 420mag has a bunch of growers who run ACE seed strains, there is a much experience with ACE seeds and journals.

I am running the shorter hybrid of PCKxKali-China Yunnan from ACE seeds, in the last 2 years it is the most vigorous strain I have grown. FWIW, I have extreme height limits in my grow. I have to train and keep them short. I would love to run every strain from ACE if i could. Which reminds me I have some training to do today, my tops need bent over ; - )

I've been running Panama, Malawi, & Zamedelica from ace and have had all my plants stay around 3 feet tall. I run them mostly in 3-4 gallon pots and put them in flower when they are around 18 inches. So they are only stretching 100% which is not bad for pure sativas. I believe Ziggy's were shorter still, because he grew them from seed under 11/13. Ace's strains that they've worked for a while, seem to be fairly manageable. The crazy stretching, never finishing, sativas are rare with those strains, from what I've seen.

Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In Doc Bud's High Brix Kit

I was blessed to have started smoking and growing weed in the mid 70s. From Nam / Asian weeds 15 an oz. Next came stemy seedy Mexican of widely varying quality 10 to 25 an oz. The best of the Mexican had a spicey earthy flavor combined at times with a hashy flowery exhale. Whether were a bunch of giggly horny idiots because of that weed or just because we were a bunch of giggly horny idiots because of genetics....its like how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop...the world may never know. Next came the Columbians ..some times brown...sometimes brown and green.... and finally the reds and golds...Prices started at 25....High when they first came up. Who in my age group didnt complain about the amount of seeds and shake on Columbian and Mexican in the day? But some of my most memorable...highs...(you know when you all of a sudden you realized that you had been sitting in your bibbs staring at your bare feet for 15 minutes that felt like an hour and that feet are really weird looking but at the same time have a beauty born of utility!!! Or was that just me?) came from smoking some of those spicy rich multilayered red and gold Columbians. And dont forget the Rainbows. Even if they seemed incredibly expensive at 35 or even 40 an ounce. Quarters at 100 to 120. Then came Thai sticks...blonde, red and finally black hashes and oils . Man I really have smoked a huge amount of marijuana in all of its forms. Which all of this brings me to this...there is some Oaxcan Zipolite landrace out there still. Conradino another excellent job on your part. Always a pleasure my friend. Best of luck in all you grow!

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I ordered CG '72 today. We'll see what these beans show.

This is line offered by Underground Seed Collective. You can get it via Tropical Seeds or Alchimia. Just google it. They claim it's been kept since 1972 in pure form, and pics look like it's the real thing.

My hope is it's pure too.

Back
Top Bottom