Landrace Genetics 101

There’s no Mexican ruderalis, it’s a Siberian hybrid, so it’s just plenty of marketing that Greenhouse is really good at :laugh:

Yeah, ruderalis is specifically from central and eastern Europe. It's not completely uncommon to see certain landraces described as ruderalis but really they would be "ruderalis-like".

Yeah, I advise a healthy dose of scepticism when reading info put up by seed and fertiliser companies. There's so much bullshit there, that it's unbelievable... but still a lot of people eat it up.

[QUOTE = "conradino23, post: 4595866, membro: 82282"]
Non c'è ruderalis messicano, è un ibrido siberiano, quindi è solo un sacco di marketing in cui Greenhouse è davvero bravo :ridere:
[/ CITAZIONE]
To be honest, looong time ago I've read somewhere (maybe on DjShort article but I'm not sure) about mexican ruderalis, one of many hibrids of decades ago for ganjah production, something like affie/Mexi or Lebanese/Columbian...

Transkei male
I mean it's still winter here...
IMG_20190823_160423.jpg
IMG_20190823_160413.jpg
IMG_20190823_160405.jpg

Some females and one particularly pretty one starting to flower.
IMG_20190823_160452.jpg
IMG_20190823_160447.jpg
IMG_20190823_160442.jpg
IMG_20190823_100027.jpg

Yup. From the breeder (AMS)
“It's short, potent and due to its' super rapid growth cycle you will be able to harvest twice a year: Dwarf weed plants. Dwarf seeds are designed to grow in smaller greenhouses. Ganja Dwarf weed, also known as Lowryder, is a crossbreed of a powerful indica and the characteristic properties of the Mexican Ruderalis plant. So if you have a small space to grow, affordable Dwarf weed seed is here for you!”

Ganja Dwarf.8:3:19.jpg
I need to admit a mistake. Oh my, my first one today! LOL!

The picture I posted above, referencing a similarity to tropics post of a Williams Wonder is indeed a Ganja Dwarf. My error was in describing its genetics, saying is was a blend of W. Wonder and a Ruderlis. It’s actually a "crossbreed of a powerful Indica and the characteristic properties of the Mexican Ruderalis" per the seed co.

I did grow a strain that is a cross of Williams Wonder x Ruderalis known as 60 Day Wonder from DNA Genetics. "It’s Williams Wonder! A very special commercial indica that produces fat and resinous flowers and finishes early. It is then crossed to a ruderalis strain and back crossed a couple of times"

So, my apologies. :peace:

I’ve probably posted these before, but they’re worth a second look imho. These are 60 Day Wonder.
10C50D23-AAFF-4E3B-866B-33B892CE329F.jpeg
963A2E03-4546-4C75-8C3D-F70ADAA970E2.jpeg
7BD28BB9-CB29-45D4-98EB-A8260C34310A.jpeg

Thank you! Incredibly they show very thin leaves, much more than some sativa hybrids like amnesia or Neville haze ...
There are some thin fingered Afghani, but they are supposed to be very rare. I would think it's more likely, that's it's got modern genetics mixed into it.

Very lovely looking plants.

@Orlando Scout
Thanks again for the tip brother! He'll sell me some 1977 Maui Wowie seeds. They are a bit more than I wanted to spend, but I didnt see them anywhere in their seed store that weren't already crossed with somthing else. I think maybe it was my request as I explained to him what I wanted to do in my experiment. If so, that is pretty dang awesome. Anyway, I will probably order them on the 1st and pop them as soon as my Vulx comes in. I'll definitely journal this one. I already have a sample of Vulx, but maybe if I do a 6 plant comparative grow growing 3 with vulx and three without, I can talk him into sponsoring it. You never know. Later all.

Back
Top Bottom