Landrace Genetics 101

I’ll look for an article I read but Sensi has the real deal NL it’s just been worked heavily over the years. Naturally it’s from Nevilles old stock as well. Several seed banks are rocking the original but some are NL#1 some are NL#5. It may have been Mr Nice forums where I read who has what.
Think the article your referancing is on seedsmans website. Anything we read on this is always going to be controversial, i know a few oldtimers that swear blind this story is bs. I personally love the history and hearsay of strains, i suppose we will never really know 100% of the truth. Id love to get my hands on a no.1, many of my favourate strains stem from that.

@GrowQs, that was an interesting thread on the creation of NL. It makes me wonder how many other legendary strains were actually created by normal dudes only to have the credit go to some big breeders who got a hold of some seeds or cuts.

Thanks, I thought it was an epic thread too..
Really makes me want to find out more about it and obtain it, and the pinconning paralyzer..

From my reading it seems the real Pinconning Paralyzer is more likely to be still around and able to be obtained locally than the NL..

Think the article your referancing is on seedsmans website. Anything we read on this is always going to be controversial, i know a few oldtimers that swear blind this story is bs. I personally love the history and hearsay of strains, i suppose we will never really know 100% of the truth. Id love to get my hands on a no.1, many of my favourate strains stem from that.
I’ll look when I have a little time, yea too much time has passed too be 100% certain.

Thanks, I thought it was an epic thread too..
Really makes me want to find out more about it and obtain it, and the pinconning paralyzer..

From my reading it seems the real Pinconning Paralyzer is more likely to be still around and able to be obtained locally than the NL..
I found some NL #5 on strainly tonight. Gonna have to get some.

good morning I wanted to do a quick update of the Malawi I have its the only landrace strain I have going seeings how the Durban seeds I purchased from 420 have something crossed with them so they wont be here that being said this Malawi is getting happy here its at apprx 9 weeks in a 7 gal. air pot im currently doing 10 minutes per day of light dep and I will be at 11/13 on November 13th then let the games begin I have a hunch im going to need a lot of supports this girl has many branches this is a new learning experience for me its all in fun! :)

have a good one!

good morning I wanted to do a quick update of the Malawi I have its the only landrace strain I have going seeings how the Durban seeds I purchased from 420 have something crossed with them so they wont be here that being said this Malawi is getting happy here its at apprx 9 weeks in a 7 gal. air pot im currently doing 10 minutes per day of light dep and I will be at 11/13 on November 13th then let the games begin I have a hunch im going to need a lot of supports this girl has many branches this is a new learning experience for me its all in fun! :)

have a good one!
Looking good :thumb:.
How long you expecting her to go for?

thanks lr ive heard all kind of stories about how particular they can be so im very happy with how its going now to keep it happy lol!
Yeah I've heard that a lot. I've never had an issue. Or found them tricky. I just plant them into hot soil and they go mad. lots of sun and water and they go and go. Maybe an indoor thing...or the sun. Maybe it's giving them plenty from day one. I've also never really found them to be light on N requirements. I admittedly have basic experience growing indica so can't make a comparison. Yours is looking steller.

Back
Top Bottom