Landrace Genetics 101

Nice. I never heard of the co. so I had to check them out! I didn't see the seeds you ordered but they seem to have some other interesting stuff.

Cheers,

I'd been put onto them by another member here. Very helpful customer service :thumb: Colijam and Nepalma are under the 'OUTLET' tab. Colijam is a cross of Colombian gold x Jamaican Lambsbread and Nepalma is Panama red x Nepal indica, the pictures on the website look great! (especially the colijam, it looks like colombian gold :D). My landrace hunts so far have been quite successful, what a time to be alive aye haha :rofl:

Oh i've also heard good/great things about there ciskei...sour apples flavor anyone? :high-five:

Neighbor finally came up off of 10 regular (Mazar x Guerrero) x Columbian Red Point seeds :drool:... And 10 purple zebra x red point seeds

Also I was informed that since he acquired this seed stock almost a year ago, his memory isn't that great and he only labeled his mazar and purple zebra seeds. Therefore What I assumed was blue orca haze x red point (since I always assume the most diluted genetics) is either (blue orca x the one) x red point or The One x red point. Lol. Not necessarily bad news, just news I guess.

It certainly seems that I finally have enough seeds with the same red point father to do some real breeding. I do understand that these will never be what the originals were, but it sure feels good to have these genetics.

Smoked some Purple Satellite or Oaxacan x Nepali. Old time Mexican psychedelic high. Have a Guerrero '76 from Swami now. Gotta pop that this run.

What's Swami's relationship with Coots - anyone know??

Neighbor finally came up off of 10 regular (Mazar x Guerrero) x Columbian Red Point seeds :drool:... And 10 purple zebra x red point seeds

Also I was informed that since he acquired this seed stock almost a year ago, his memory isn't that great and he only labeled his mazar and purple zebra seeds. Therefore What I assumed was blue orca haze x red point (since I always assume the most diluted genetics) is either (blue orca x the one) x red point or The One x red point. Lol. Not necessarily bad news, just news I guess.

It certainly seems that I finally have enough seeds with the same red point father to do some real breeding. I do understand that these will never be what the originals were, but it sure feels good to have these genetics.

On similar note to first question about Coots - aren't those Coots strains as well??
The One and Blue Orca ??? I'm sure "The One" is and I would like to get my mits on some of those seeds.

I only know what my neighbor told me. I'm not too sure what they are selling as far as pure landrace. They (swami) seem to mostly advertise what they call landrace polyhybrids. I have read that they use "the one" and "blue orca" in some of their crosses.
I know that the red point daddy to all of my girls was definitely of great quality. I've considered breaking my streak of having never purchased seeds to give swami some business on some different genetics.

I've considered breaking my streak of having never purchased seeds to give swami some business on some different genetics.

Wait..........

Never bought seeds?

serious.jpg

I have been growing on and off for 4 years in this apartment. I used to buy clones. Then I grew from bag seed.
My swami genetics came from my hippie neighbor who did a trim job on the mountain where a male Columbian Red Point pollinated nearly an entire crop.
My autos were gifts, so are the indicas I will get soon.
Used to grow outdoor with my buddies in Wisconsin 10+ years ago, we Just planted healthy Mexican brick seeds.

I am 35 years old and have never paid a penny for a seed:ganjamon:

Nope I lied!! Lol

I was kinda sorta thinkin you were pulling my leg. In which case, my dogs would have to step in. They are watching you now.

Just puffed some DT #9 18 week stuff 1 month cure. Kinda sorta creeped up on me. I'm high A/F.

I did an old school trim - leave a little sugar leaf on there for the long journey ahead. Even with that extra leaf, smooth as silk. It's strong. My face is burning.

Swami got his genetics from Coot. Not sure if they are friendly now or not. The Red Point is from Charlie Garcia at CBG. I have 2 going now. Charlie went all over Colombia to find the plants to breed it. It is almost extinct now with
'crippi' taking over. Crippi is hybrid pot like US and Euro have.

The Guerrero is hard to get going. Half the seeds are not making it. I have 2 packs though. Might be inbred.

Everything I have grown with the Red Point father is just amazing in pretty much every way.. I have started a little inbreeding experiment with my crosses. Most seedlings broke through the top today. I have a few seeds, but I think I need more.

Swami got his genetics from Coot. Not sure if they are friendly now or not. The Red Point is from Charlie Garcia at CBG. I have 2 going now. Charlie went all over Colombia to find the plants to breed it. It is almost extinct now with
'crippi' taking over. Crippi is hybrid pot like US and Euro have.

The Guerrero is hard to get going. Half the seeds are not making it. I have 2 packs though. Might be inbred.

Swami must be one of Coots BOEL associates from back in the day. Read a story about it when we were working out the CC soil mix. He owed "an associate" something and that associate got some cuts/seeds forget which and that satisfied the situation. My take on it. Swami had "the One" but I never saw it for sale, it was always sold out.

Back
Top Bottom