Landrace Genetics 101

:passitleft:

:passitleft: :rofl: research helps :rofl:never mind me :rofl:

:passitleft::rofl:

If I recall correctly from carousing their threads on IC, the fem version was updated first, then the regular version was updated to match, so the double Thai is used in both now.

I'd have liked to have been able to test both strains more or less simultaneously and then to choose the one that I liked best, lol (people having differing tastes/requirements and all). In other words, I wish they'd have continued to sell the old version, too, along with the newer one.

Having looked at the description texts for some of the "breeder's pack" offerings, it looks like that's what people get when they buy one of those - choices, multiple versions of "the same" (not really) strain.

Over the past year or two, I was given a few Zamaldelica seeds. As far as I know, they were "baggie seeds," found in someone's bud - so they might be only half Zamaldelica, or they might be 100% (+1 generation) Zamaldelica... shims. So a bit of a mystery in terms of the seeds' parentage to begin with. But now I'm wondering about the Zamaldelica content, since one of Z's parent strains is the Golden Tiger (I think???). No way to predict which "grandparents" these seeds had - and I assume that the Zamaldelica might have changed due to the change of one of its parents. But, again, these are seeds out of someone's baggie, not from a seedbank... so IDK if they'll turn out to be recognizably Zamaldelica (one or the other :rolleyes: ) anyway. And, out of the few such seeds I was given, most are in the little bag that's labeled "potential MALES," so it's not currently a priority. But it's one of the choices that I find myself considering way too often, lol, so... Saving them for a rainy day, I suppose.

I also received some (private individual) crosses of Ace gear fairly recently:
Panama F₁ Green Pheno x Red Pheno
Malawi Purple Pheno x Green Pheno
Malawi Purple Pheno x Ultra Dawg F₂ (the latter is obviously not Ace gear)
Zamaldelica B (Thai) Pheno x Malawi C Pheno F₁ (Ace Seeds)
Zamaldelica B Pheno x Panama B Pheno (Ace Seeds)

Only one seed of each except for the last (a few of that one), and my ability to win the "M:F ratio game" tends to tank in the Summer heat, so I probably won't try to grow any of them until late Autumn at the earliest; while I would love to have a nice vial of viable pollen from each and every one of the above... I do not currently have the ability to quarantine a male plant. And I'd much prefer having a sack of bud (make mine sin semilla ;) ) to having pollen after a grow. The upcoming one, especially.

However, I am curious as to what I could expect from the above seeds. Would anyone who has grown one or more of the parent strains like to offer any predictions about it? (Thanks!)

I'd have liked to have been able to test both strains more or less simultaneously and then to choose the one that I liked best, lol (people having differing tastes/requirements and all). In other words, I wish they'd have continued to sell the old version, too, along with the newer one.

Having looked at the description texts for some of the "breeder's pack" offerings, it looks like that's what people get when they buy one of those - choices, multiple versions of "the same" (not really) strain.

Over the past year or two, I was given a few Zamaldelica seeds. As far as I know, they were "baggie seeds," found in someone's bud - so they might be only half Zamaldelica, or they might be 100% (+1 generation) Zamaldelica... shims. So a bit of a mystery in terms of the seeds' parentage to begin with. But now I'm wondering about the Zamaldelica content, since one of Z's parent strains is the Golden Tiger (I think???). No way to predict which "grandparents" these seeds had - and I assume that the Zamaldelica might have changed due to the change of one of its parents. But, again, these are seeds out of someone's baggie, not from a seedbank... so IDK if they'll turn out to be recognizably Zamaldelica (one or the other :rolleyes: ) anyway. And, out of the few such seeds I was given, most are in the little bag that's labeled "potential MALES," so it's not currently a priority. But it's one of the choices that I find myself considering way too often, lol, so... Saving them for a rainy day, I suppose.

I also received some (private individual) crosses of Ace gear fairly recently:
Panama F₁ Green Pheno x Red Pheno
Malawi Purple Pheno x Green Pheno
Zamaldelica B (Thai) Pheno x Malawi C Pheno F₁ (Ace Seeds)
Zamaldelica B Pheno x Panama B Pheno (Ace Seeds)

Only one seed of each except for the last (a few of that one), and my ability to win the "M:F ratio game" tends to tank in the Summer heat, so I probably won't try to grow any of them until late Autumn at the earliest; while I would love to have a nice vial of viable pollen from each and every one of the above... I do not currently have the ability to quarantine a male plant. And I'd much prefer having a sack of bud (make mine sin semilla ;) ) to having pollen after a grow. The upcoming one, especially.

However, I am curious as to what I could expect from the above seeds. Would anyone who has grown one or more of the parent strains like to offer any predictions about it? (Thanks!)
Those are all crosses I made. I didn't do any large selection of parentals, but they were all healthy vigorous plants.

Panama F₁ Green Pheno x Red Pheno. Ace seeds F2 cross I made to generate some more seeds. The couple I've grown out seem consistent with Ace's release.

Malawi Purple Pheno x Green Pheno. Again, another F2 cross to make more seeds. I've heard the ratio of purple plants seem fairly good in them. I found a green pheno that a friend finished outdoors in Ohio last year.

I'm currently growing a group of these out right now. 2 outdoors and another 6 indoors. Ultra Dawg is a Toast creation. It has OG and Chem in it. The plants seem to range between the two parental plants fairly evenly. I haven't finished any yet to test out the smoke, but the mother is a great smoke. Super energizing, clear headed buzz. Mix of berry and pine. It's my favorite smoke.

Zamaldelica B (Thai) Pheno x Malawi C Pheno F₁ (Ace Seeds) I've not grown any of these out yet. The father is the same one in the Malawi F2 across above. A very uniform structure with a tall center spike. The mother is the same as in the next cross. Long gangly plant with big foxtail buds that taste like mango and pepper.

Zamaldelica B Pheno x Panama B Pheno (Ace Seeds) this is the zamedelica mother pollinated by the red pheno I used in the Panama F2s. The taste from the mother has carried over in the ones I've grown out. Sue is currently growing one. She mentioned she got it from Hashhound, so I believe he's growing it as well. I currently have 3 going along with one of the Panama F2s, but they are seedling stage still. The earlier ones I grew tended to want to stretch like the mother. 3ft tall grown under 11/13 from seed.

Hopefully that gives you some insight.

Those are all crosses I made.

LMFAO! Small world, I guess.

In that case, I offer you my sincere thanks, both for doing the crosses and for making sure that everyone's favorite lady received a supply that was of sufficient size to allow her to "sub-gift" some of them on to other people.

Hopefully that gives you some insight.

Mostly, it has given me more motivation to grow some of them, lol.

But I haven't grown the crosses (obviously) or their parents, so I appreciate any and all information I can get.

Thanks again!

In that case, I offer you my sincere thanks, both for doing the crosses and for making sure that everyone's favorite lady received a supply that was of sufficient size to allow her to "sub-gift" some of them on to other people.

But I haven't grown the crosses (obviously) or their parents, so I appreciate any and all information I can get.

Thanks again!
You're welcome. I figured Sue would know a few places they could go to use. There may be another person or two growing the Zam x Pan cross on the boards as well. It seems to have become popular with the rise of cobbing.

Good luck and if you have any more questions feel free to stop by my journal and ask.

Thanks again!

I was digging back through my old journal and found a couple of pics. I took very few full plant pictures of the Zamedelica because I never learned to train her properly and she was always a floppy mess, but this is the kind of stretchy structure she had.

The male Malawi I used in the crosses. The long spike grew once I flowered him. He was a perfect pine tree shape before.

Smoked some Purple Satellite or Oaxacan x Nepali. Old time Mexican psychedelic high. Have a Guerrero '76 from Swami now. Gotta pop that this run.

Where is it available from, @yesum?

I thought you might be talking about a Green Mountain Seeds strain. Seems like I saw it mentioned earlier (in this thread?) by Tropics, and I wondered if he was sort of that breeder's informal forum rep (or that breeder). As he did not appear to be trying to sell anything, I didn't think anything of it (I welcome posts by people involved in the industry, as long as they're informational in nature instead of commercial).

I see from the link that they use Wordpress for their website, lol. The paranoid don't think too much of that thing, as it seems to be pretty easy to attack. But maybe Vermontman (their breeder, IIRC?) doesn't have the funds or the time to set up something more secure, IDK.

I do like knowing that there are more smaller breeders working with sativas.

Back
Top Bottom