Landrace Genetics 101

look at "Swamie Seeds" " The Real Seed Company" "Tropical Seeds Company" between them you will find what you want

I still haven't checked out Swamie but I think @GrizzWald said they don't come to Australia? Idk I'll have a look myself but I already know about TSC/RSC. Thanks for the help anyway :thumb:

I just got '72 Colombian Gold from Snow High

Nice... you gonna run some this fall?? 2 years?? You've been watching Snow gear??

Watch his Instagram page. He's active there. He's got health issues. :Namaste: I gotta wish him well and a prayer or 4 he stays healthy. He's a smart guy, and knows cannabis big time.

I'm in a quandary right now. What to pop next from Snow.

The DT was off the charts and I'm still running it. Can't kill it. I've tried everything too. Starvation, drought, heat, neglect, even let bugs eat em for a few weeks. I've got clones I let the cloner run almost dry 6 weeks. Still alive and nothing but water.

I just got 2 variants of the DT - Instead of Acapulco Gold one has Panama Red instead of the AC. I'm thinking real hard about that one. I wanna run some Thai tho so not sure.

I remember back in the day we were all over the Thai stick... was the best weed until Mowie Wowie my first puff on sensimilla weed I guess this was 74 or 75.

When I started with the DT - I popped the whole pack of seeds and selected .... wait for it.... all the females. Oppsie. Should have collected pollen. Wish I had a nickle every time I said Shooda taken cuts/ pollen.

Penny.... congrats on the MOM, well deserved my friend. :passitleft:

You get some keepers from that Colombian ya gotta hit me up. I smoked that commercial stuff for years back when I was a wee youngin...

Bong bong bong. Our president <cough> wood be proud. Coulda treated those bone spurs with that shit. :D

Lets start growing some of that Landrace gear. I just cant decide which one now.

I might just pop some of that Thai and run it. Tell all my friends I'm on another vacation. 20 weeks is a long time. I'm going with, "worth it".

I can fill in with some 45 day hybrids that are killa. Labyrinth in my VAPE now and was pretty much my reach to on the dock. Gets me stoned to bee-gee-bers.

Keep on puff'in.

I watched USC for the Colombian but no dice then SnowHigh posted a limited release of CG so I grabbed a pack. I want to do Oldtimers Haze which is supposed to be the Original Haze kept alive and well in the UK. I like my landrace/ heirlooms!

What I don't get about snowhigh seeds is why is everything so over-priced? I mean you can get other landrace genetics (not as much variety as snowhigh) for a 3rd of the price...what makes Snowhigh seeds so special that he/she feels the need to sell 5-10 packs for $150? Doesn't make sense to me

You're not buying from Snow... you're buying from a seed vendor.

It's all good.

Let the breeders do breeding and the seed jockeys sell the seed.

Its the new world now. <cough>

Swarmi doesn't or didn't...
That's fair enough mate haha, I wish i got them from USC way cheaper but I missed out. What I don't get about snowhigh seeds is why is everything so over-priced? I mean you can get other landrace genetics (not as much variety as snowhigh) for a 3rd of the price...what makes Snowhigh seeds so special that he/she feels the need to sell 5-10 packs for $150? Doesn't make sense to me

Combination of greed, suckers and Dragon chasers... Edit :rofl:....... Breed and sold on this platform

26eafb353cb0f1f34da214bb45abaa3b~2.jpg

Are you missing out, will one never need to buy a seed again after purchasing these dreams, will all breeders cease breeding as the grail has been found? No, all fantasy... More than likely nice plants, from growers reviews..

I think the genetics are worth the
price.

As do I - Repeat customer here.

Regarding Snowhigh gear... he's an old-timer with health issues.

Doesn't mean beans in business world. Dog eat Dog. (health issues). Dont get sick is the new healthcare. Meh...

I will pay for performance, and I do.

One reason I'm here @420mag is to read about other growers experience with this strain or that.... only way I can judge sight un-seen, breeder un-known, right?

Prolly lots of prices went up on seed due to a good well documented grow journal here or there.

I think its great. A breeder that does well deserves his coin. Thats the market at work the way the market supposed to work.

Fore example, seeds for corn and how all that mess is being handled. Wow... sadly I see this in our cannabis future.

We need, and I think we have a responsibility to, pass the un-bleached cannabis genetics on down to the next generation. That's what Snow is doing. Its gotta keep going.... :Namaste:

Only thing I worry about is GMO cannabis. GMO Cannabis seed wood be a (trumped up) reason for another prohibition is what I feel. Make people sick, thinking about corporate tobacco ... history repeats itself.

Must be a void of course moon day. Oye....

As do I - Repeat customer here.

Regarding Snowhigh gear... he's an old-timer with health issues.

Doesn't mean beans in business world. Dog eat Dog. (health issues). Dont get sick is the new healthcare. Meh...

I will pay for performance, and I do.

One reason I'm here @420mag is to read about other growers experience with this strain or that.... only way I can judge sight un-seen, breeder un-known, right?

Prolly lots of prices went up on seed due to a good well documented grow journal here or there.

I think its great. A breeder that does well deserves his coin. Thats the market at work the way the market supposed to work.

Fore example, seeds for corn and how all that mess is being handled. Wow... sadly I see this in our cannabis future.
Agreed.

But, re: totally f#$%d up crop strains: there are now several seedbanks that only handle & provide heirloom varieties. they do sell them, with the philosophy that the best way to ensure their continuation is to get them into gardeners' hands. Also the same for vintage rose strains (modern varieties have largely had their fragrance bred out as collateral damage in the breeding effort to make them more disease-resistant and easier to grow.)

Pretty good model, I'd say.

Unbleached? Im not sure what that means... Does snowhigh offer landraces? Which should one purchase? I only see hybrids from well used cuts... Is there another site?
Anyone watch Mel Franks Instagram? Want to see some old school... And how far breeders have come, lol..

Must be a void of course moon day. Oye....
Yep - due to end in about 15 minutes whe the moon moves into Sagittarius :ganjamon:

Anyone watch Mel Franks Instagram? Want to see some old school...

Nice! Thanks Grizzwald - his archival photographs he’s now showing off are f’*king awesome - literally awe inspiring. A really nice insta account... nice to make a fresh discovery amongst all the canna crap on there!
:thanks:
EDIT: I mean check these out! :D

C6478353-4B36-4033-AABA-5C6E183CB384.jpeg
387467CE-6228-477A-8159-7212182A2A06.jpeg

His posts have nice informative things to say abot the pics too. A very refreshing insta not full of bullshit!

worry about is GMO cannabis. GMO Cannabis seed wood be a (trumped up) reason for another prohibition is what I feel. Make people sick, thinking about corporate tobacco ... history repeats itself.

Plain text file:
https://pastebin.com/raw/rDUaWDYK

Doing a web search for the Treating Yourself article that had "Dr. Frankenbeanstein" in the title could also provide some... interesting reading. Fans of "Sam the Skunkman" might not like it much though.

Read Comments, its up there even better than the photos,Amy... that bottom pic, dude say he found plant same from Walkabout :) look at comment Mel makes about strains he gave to sam s to take to Holland :rofl::rofl:

Thanks TS - trying to educate oneself a bit no the folks history of cannabis is an interesting task!! This helps... lots of stuff in there.

AT the very least I lear a bit about strains when I read this stuff - even if many of the stories are both true and not true at the same time...

Read Comments, its up there even better than the photos,Amy... that bottom pic, dude say he found plant same from Walkabout :) look at comment Mel makes about strains he gave to same to take to Holland :rofl::rofl:
Yeah thanks- I’d started to read the comments and realised I’d be there all day! But it’s good fun and will gheive me hours of edutainment :)

Funny you say that Amy.. I've had that album on repeat in my car for the last month :rofl:

No, Mr Nice seeds is the best Instagram to look at mns. Best to view when nobodies home, for some alone time:rofl:
Mel Franks is amazing mate, lots of history in those pics....

Back
Top Bottom