Last minute issue on harvest day: help

I really want to thank u guys for chiming in and helping.
I delayed the harvest until today b/c I wanted to make sure I had things set up correctly.
This morn I looked closely again and think I found several very small areas with some fairly minimal webbing. I can say that Unless I was really probing and looking thoroughly, I would have never known.
I guess I’ll do the washing here shortly.
I was going to just do the peroxide treatment and skip the lemon juice/baking soda step.
I have both and if you think it will ensure a better result with the mites, then I’ll do it too. Any thoughts??

From what I understood in my research the lemon and bs helps cure and preserve. I use both every time.

If when using a lemon juice and baking soda mixture solution to wash residue off the cannabis buds it is a acid and base solution reaction which are able to denature or break down residues left over from the grow process.

Thanks again….I went ahead and did both solutions and followed the temp decrease methodology…..1st bucket (peroxide) around 84f, 2nd (lemon/baking soda) 74f, 3rd and 4th (plain water) around 68f.
The only interesting thing I spotted in the water was the spider in the pic….Anyone know what it is?
I just finished and still have to inspect the residue closer, but that fella was camped out in my buds.
I’d like to know what kind of creature it was and if it can do serious damage to a grow….
008884B0-346F-4E96-A879-B7207FA20BA8.jpeg
48227C19-0E55-4516-991D-61FC0470655A.jpeg

I’d like to know what kind of creature it was...
It was a spider just as you mentioned.;)

...and if it can do serious damage to a grow.
They are good to have around our gardens. The preferred food for most spiders is.......insects. They are good to have around and healthy. They are predators so if it can catch a bug it will usually eat it or lay eggs in it or near it so the young can eat. They are not to be confused with Spider Mites nor do they eat Spider Mites; other bugs yes.

I usually ignore them when I find them crawling around on my plants. I occasionally find an interesting one....

Thanks again….I went ahead and did both solutions and followed the temp decrease methodology…..1st bucket (peroxide) around 84f, 2nd (lemon/baking soda) 74f, 3rd and 4th (plain water) around 68f.
The only interesting thing I spotted in the water was the spider in the pic….Anyone know what it is?
I just finished and still have to inspect the residue closer, but that fella was camped out in my buds.
I’d like to know what kind of creature it was and if it can do serious damage to a grow….
008884B0-346F-4E96-A879-B7207FA20BA8.jpeg
48227C19-0E55-4516-991D-61FC0470655A.jpeg
It’s a wolf spider. Completely harmless. We have them all over the house.

What about the nice green one that I found on my plant a couple years ago? Any idea what that one is called?
It looked like a Garden Spider to me, but I’ve never seen one with green legs.

The pic isn't super clear but I would guess it is an orb weaver, harmless and very good to have around.
Thanks for the info. Sadly I have not seen another of this type of spider since that one.

The camera was set on averaging the focus over several points and it looks like the webbing is more in focus than anything else. More and more I am using the traditional viewfinder, without my glasses, on the dSLR and the Point and Shoot instead of the larger LCD window/viewfinder on the back of the camera.

It looked like a Garden Spider to me, but I’ve never seen one with green legs.
The fluorescent green caught my attention otherwise a good chance I would not have bothered to go back into the house to get the camera.;)

Thanks for the info. Sadly I have not seen another of this type of spider since that one.

The camera was set on averaging the focus over several points and it looks like the webbing is more in focus than anything else. More and more I am using the traditional viewfinder, without my glasses, on the dSLR and the Point and Shoot instead of the larger LCD window/viewfinder on the back of the camera.

The fluorescent green caught my attention otherwise a good chance I would not have bothered to go back into the house to get the camera.;)
Orb Weavers are a very large family, they come in many different colors, including green. Some of them even have bumps or horns on them that make them look like little aliens. I'm always thrilled when I get one, but the mud daubers get all but the smartest ones, lately :(

I think it's fairly safe to say... ALL SPIDERS GOOD for the grow. My plants often have tiny spiders in them. Also good... ladybugs, praying mantis.

Back
Top Bottom