Last minute issue on harvest day: help

Makeminefullgrown

So I’m ready to harvest 2 of the 3 autos that I’ve been growing for what seems like forever. I won’t go into all the details of why it’s taken these autos over 20 weeks to get to this point….it is what it is.
Anyway, there are hardly any leaves remaining and I give the buds an inspection daily with a magnifying glass to make sure there’s no dead leaves advancing into the buds.
This morning I was looking them over and spotted what I thought was a hair. Upon a closer look it appears to be a single strand of spider web. I then spent the next 2 hrs with the jewelers loupe and did find a couple other places with the same one strand (of whatever this is).
I didn’t see anything moving and even took off a leaf in the area and looked at w/ a 60x loupe. No other evidence of spider mites or anything else.
I’m all set to chop, wet trim and hang tomorrow morn. What should I do ?
I considered washing the buds using the peroxide/water then lemon juice/baking soda technique……but don’t wanna do anything I don’t have to.
Gimme your thoughts and opinions?
I didn’t take a pic b/c it’s simply too thin to even see w/o strong magnification

Maybe just a spider passing through... :hookah:

Wash your plants after chop before hanging. 1 cup hydrogen peroxide/5gal water. Swirl plants around for 30 seconds. Drip dry a few min then dip in clean rinse water. Shake lightly and hang up in front of a box fan till most of the water drips off. Dry as normal.
As long as your water is room temp your trichomes Will stay on the buds. Ice water could strip some.

Wash your plants after chop before hanging. 1 cup hydrogen peroxide/5gal water. Swirl plants around for 30 seconds. Drip dry a few min then dip in clean rinse water. Shake lightly and hang up in front of a box fan till most of the water drips off. Dry as normal.
As long as your water is room temp your trichomes Will stay on the buds. Ice water could strip some.
Thank u for the advice. Should I use distilled or filtered water??
My tap is fairly hard, with a ppm of 145.

Agree with the above - probbly a spider passing by
Also agree wish wash your buds anyway as ZZman says - I use about 100ml 12% H2O2 in 10L room temp tapwater but I don't rinse after that as H2O2 breaks down to totally pure water already
I submerge branches let them soak for an hour or so until no more bubbles are rising

Agree with the above - probbly a spider passing by
Also agree wish wash your buds anyway as ZZman says - I use about 100ml 12% H2O2 in 10L room temp tapwater but I don't rinse after that as H2O2 breaks down to totally pure water already
I submerge branches let them soak for an hour or so until no more bubbles are rising
Yes H202 breaks down.

The rinse water does pick up a little extra though--maybe because I use my wash tub for quite a few plants.

When several siblings share the same bath water, its a good idea to stand up and rinse down with the shower attachment before drying off.

Yes H202 breaks down.

The rinse water does pick up a little extra though--maybe because I use my wash tub for quite a few plants.

When several siblings share the same bath water, its a good idea to stand up and rinse down with the shower attachment before drying off.
The water here is full of calcium, fluoride, chlorides and would leave a white residue/limescale which would kind of defeat the object, so I don't

Give my “Wash yer buds” link a read down in my signature.

I combined Jorge Cervantez and Doc Buds process and am very happy with the results.

I combined Jorge Cervantez and Doc Buds process and am very happy with the results.
How long should I let the buds hang dry (right after washing) before I move them to the drying room for the actual 9-12 day dry?
My dry room will stay very close to 60F and 60% RH, with a fan circulating the air:..but not blowing directly on the plant.
Also, I’ve read that after the washing I should have a fan blowing lightly directly at the buds. The room where they’ll dry off from the wash is probably 70F and 35-40% rh.

How long should I let the buds hang dry (right after washing) before I move them to the drying room for the actual 9-12 day dry?
My dry room will stay very close to 60F and 60% RH, with a fan circulating the air:..but not blowing directly on the plant.
Also, I’ve read that after the washing I should have a fan blowing lightly directly at the buds. The room where they’ll dry off from the wash is probably 70F and 35-40% rh.
I go directly to the dry room and lay towels below to catch the dripping.

Do not blow a fan directly on them and 70F 65% is where you need to be. 35-40% is going to cure too fast and it’ll taste like grass.

Give the write up I mentioned a full read. I go through the whole process.

It is the skill in slowly overextended days reducing the moisture content from the buds which we term curing. Reduce the humidity of the cured buds to 62% humidity.

Otherwise we would all use food dehydrators and be finished in hours.

I understand the typical dry and cure. It’s the immediate hour or two directly after the washing that I’m unsure of.
I know I don’t want to do the main dry at 40%rh or have a fan blowing directly on the buds. But I can swear I’ve read where folks fan dried the excess moisture (from the washing) before hanging for the main dry.
Wouldn’t it be risky to put drip dried buds into a drying room with 60% rh ?

In past practice when bud washing was a newer idea several people took either a cardboard box or storage tote and tapped strings across the top to hang dry the washed buds while directing a fan towards the "drying rack", I am unsure if this practice is still in use or has been discontinued.

I understand the typical dry and cure. It’s the immediate hour or two directly after the washing that I’m unsure of.
I know I don’t want to do the main dry at 40%rh or have a fan blowing directly on the buds. But I can swear I’ve read where folks fan dried the excess moisture (from the washing) before hanging for the main dry.
Apparently some folks go right to the drying area. I literally hang mine (whole plant and or large branches) from a collapsible cloth drying rack with a box fan blowing directly on the plants spinning the rac as it drys in the norcal October heat directly in the sun at high noon for an hour max. Except for that one harvest 5 months ago when it was raining like mad—garage, box fan overnight. I like the cola tips to feel a bit dry. Then into the tent for long dry

Adam—I’m gonna check some of your links. Very handy

EDIT: op check Adams link—pictures and also the addition of lemon juice wash.

I go straight to hanging at 65-65 with indirect air circulation, no light. Never had an issue.

A1E18AFE-1CA2-4934-9C82-04D7C2649F41.jpeg
63D0A61C-BFC6-40DD-BABE-C816D46DECB4.jpeg
2A3202DD-D49D-431C-BE8C-55181203AC31.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom