Leaf help

The Old Toby

Just got two Strawberry Glue clones and they seem very healthy. The only concern is what looks like very light speckling on most of the leaves (see pic). Any thoughts? I looked through some articles, but I’m still not sure what it is or if I should be worried.

Attachments

• 70B005F8-EEBB-46FA-A32D-E6F990A0EEB3.jpeg
    70B005F8-EEBB-46FA-A32D-E6F990A0EEB3.jpeg
    941 KB · Views: 37
Hoy shit, you’re right! I looked through my jewelers loop, and there they were. Just got them today, but I’m glad I have those two plants isolated in their own tent. From what I understand, this is a serious problem. I’ve dealt with gnats, but not mites. How much trouble am I in and what’s your preferred method of eradication?

OK, so the neem oil I had, the other two I will have to get. I sprayed them with a neem oil and water solution just now under the leaves, and will be putting them to bed shortly. I will mix up the concoction you recommended tomorrow. How often is it safe to apply?

Not looking good. The mites are persistent and the leaves are starting to turn black at tips and dry up (even on new growth). I think these two are goners.

any pictures ?
Here are a couple. The first one is the best because you can see the blackening and curling on the new growth as well as the extent of the mite damage.

The absolute worst part about all of this is that somehow, SOMEHOW, The stupid mites got into my flower tent. I am at an absolute loss for how this could’ve happened. now it looks like that only will I lose these two new clones, but it may wipe out all four of my flowering plants too. We will see. Needless to say, this is the lowest I’ve ever felt since I started growing.

Attachments

• 77716A82-8D8F-4A14-8C4C-ADEB4EF69A5B.jpeg
    77716A82-8D8F-4A14-8C4C-ADEB4EF69A5B.jpeg
    757.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 680C1B2B-8D55-4644-BF7F-2AC9DA53C45D.jpeg
    680C1B2B-8D55-4644-BF7F-2AC9DA53C45D.jpeg
    704.8 KB · Views: 23
Wow, that’s quite the infestation AND quite the beautiful buds.
the mites wont really harm the buds if well in , my last one was worse , but i got me buds lol

Wow, that’s quite the infestation AND quite the beautiful buds. Unfortunately, only one of the four is even somewhat far along (Girl Scout Cookies at 4 weeks) but the others are only at 2 weeks (1 Girl Scout Cookies and 1 White Widow) and 1 week (White Widow). Not that the strains matter at this point. I’m guessing I’m pretty screwed on everything except maybe the one at four weeks? You can look at the pictures. The infestation is minimal at this point, but it’s also very new.

Attachments

• 9B691B8C-9EF5-4EB6-AFBD-C1135FE5B46E.jpeg
    9B691B8C-9EF5-4EB6-AFBD-C1135FE5B46E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 44562D3D-E4CF-45B5-9097-AAD986A3FF52.jpeg
    44562D3D-E4CF-45B5-9097-AAD986A3FF52.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
you may be able to use neem for a treatment at this point in the flower room.
iirc it breaks down over three wks. make sure to double check this info as i am not 100% on it.

you can also budwash at harvest to remove any residues and get rid of the pop rocks.
there are threads on budwashing.

you can attack the veg gals by spraying them with a 50/50 mix of water and 90% iso. spray from the underside of the leaves. it'll mess the live ones it hits all to shit, and take out a few eggs, but it won't get them all, and the plants can take it on the chin sometime.

you can also use a hotshot if the area isn't in common use, or if you use the hotshot sparingly. it is chemical death from above. it's meant for fliers really, but it'll take any movers smaller than a spider out too. i have no qualms about them and have used them, but loads of folk understandably stay away from them.

i like the professor's neem / soap / apple vinegar mix. it sounds like a winner too.

the best way to rid mites is multiple approaches over time. mites are generational, so you have to take the live ones out, and then their offspring as the eggs hatch.

i actually suspended growing this time of year as i get mites as a seasonal issue here no matter what i do. i'm starting up in a week or so. peak infestation season will be winding down by the time i hit veg.

Back
Top Bottom